New England Members

Thanks for the heads up on the code. I'll be there Sunday. Probably will pick up the Shaker Hills deal - I'm practically down the street from them now.

Where are you located at? With all this Shaker Hills talk, I smell a summer outing for the Massachusetts guys.

Where are you located at? With all this Shaker Hills talk, I smell a summer outing for the Massachusetts guys.

Chelmsford now, moving to Westford. I think the new place is one exit down on 495 from the course. That'd be a great place to get together. Fun course.

Count me in for a shaker hills outing! Love that course

Count on me too lets do it

Chelmsford now, moving to Westford. I think the new place is one exit down on 495 from the course. That'd be a great place to get together. Fun course.

I'm a big fan of Butter Brook in Westford. The conditioning was a bit spotty last year, but I love the layout. I always seem to play pretty well there.

I'm a big fan of Butter Brook in Westford. The conditioning was a bit spotty last year, but I love the layout. I always seem to play pretty well there.

I am a fan as well. An interesting course - the two nines are so different. Another course that I'm a fan of is Trull Brook in Tewksbury. It's always in great shape because they irrigate with water from the river.

Shaker Hills outing? I can get behind that! I've been trying to get up there since the redesign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Count me in for Shaker Hills!

Matt I'm up for playing both trull brook and and butter brook this year as well i really enjoy those two courses.

Using Tapatalk

Massachusetts Members

Massachusetts Members

I am all in for that

Shaker Hills is about a 2 hour drive for me, but I'll do my absolute best to get my butt up there for an MA outing.

I'm 45 minutes out. I'd be in, so you guys could have some comic relief.

Shaker Hills is about a 2 hour drive for me, but I'll do my absolute best to get my butt up there for an MA outing.

Carpool? I'm in for a MA gathering

Want me to create a new thread for it in the forum? We had a phenomenal turnout last year in Philly and I'm sure we could get some Western NY and Connecticut members up as well.

Want me to create a new thread for it in the forum? We had a phenomenal turnout last year in Philly and I'm sure we could get some Western NY and Connecticut members up as well.
Maybe in a month or 2 so that people will know their summer schedules better?

Just got back from spending about an hour at the Boston Golf Expo. Honestly, I was just there to check out the hitting sections, I didn't care about the booths except for buying the Shaker Hills $99 deal. Callaway and Nike have the largest presences there IMO. Nike reps were very helpful and I think (not 100% sure) that they had a launch monitor set up. The Callaway area has a Trackman set up but I didn't jump on it. The weird part about Callaway is that I overheard one rep talking to another that the only clubs that are there are the new 2015 releases, so if you're looking to hit models that carried over from last year (aka Apex), you're out of luck.

Other companies there: TaylorMade/Adams, Cleveland/Srixon, Wilson, Mizuno, Cobra. Ping didn't have a specific booth, but their stuff was in a Golfsmith area along with the Nike area. The biggest surprise for me is that I didn't see any Titleist gear there, especially given that Titleist has such a huge presence up here normally. No Bridgestone clubs were there either. The Cleveland/Srixon booth did have all of the new Srixon gear as well as the new tool for the wedges where they can hook up a Swingbyte to the club t otell you what type of bounce you need. I didn't hit any of the Wilson, Mizuno or Cobra stuff...from a distance, it looked like Mizuno had more hitting areas set up than Taylormade/Adams, which also shocked me.

Joe and Leigh's has a pretty big area set up with discounted stuff (shoes, apparel, clubs, etc.) but I didn't do any shopping. If anyone has some questions about what was there, just post them up here and I'll try to answer them.

any of you ever try the freegolf.net. there are some restrictions there and a bit of commitment but it looks somewhat appealing

any of you ever try the freegolf.net. there are some restrictions there and a bit of commitment but it looks somewhat appealing

I get this pass every year. For 50 bucks it worth it. Living down towards Springfield and 10 mins from CT I can utilize a bunch of courses.

Count me in for a shaker hills outing! Love that course

Count me in!

Chelmsford now, moving to Westford. I think the new place is one exit down on 495 from the course. That'd be a great place to get together.

Kimball's for driving range and ice cream

Anyone interested in playing on Monday May 18 at New England Country Club in Bellingham? 8:00 shotgun start. Put on by the Bellingham Lions Club. We need players/4somes.

I'll be heading over to McGolf tomorrow around 5:30pm since it's going to be 40 degrees to hit some balls. I will have the Bridgestone DPFs with me as well.

Massachusetts Members

Massachusetts Members

I'll be heading over to McGolf tomorrow around 5:30pm since it's going to be 40 degrees to hit some balls. I will have the Bridgestone DPFs with me as well.

Are you sure they are open? As of today the website said they are closed. I would be interested in going.

Also, I'm definitely in for shaker hills, I bought the same deal at the golf expo.

Are you sure they are open? As of today the website said they are closed. I would be interested in going.

Also, I'm definitely in for shaker hills, I bought the same deal at the golf expo.

Thanks for the heads-up, they're still closed... Hmmm I need to figure out what I'm going to do then...

Thanks for the heads-up, they're still closed... Hmmm I need to figure out what I'm going to do then...

Shot an email to my dad asking what range he has been going to, since he's down that way. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Kimball's for driving range and ice cream

The pitch and putt is fun too.

There's an indoor range at Fore Kicks in Norfolk. Their web site has some nice pictures, just have to monitor the times. They must use the hitting area for other things.

Back