Flying Wedge

Reaction score
Handicap
With the release of the offical THP event calendar, it's time to announce Iowa 2015. Mayor McRock I are please to present this Save The Date announcement. August 1st and Aug 2nd are the Dates. remaining details are still being finalized.

Join us for a first of its kind unofficial THP event. 2015 Iowa Golf and Bachelor Party! Our very own Prince Hartmann's last free weekend before his marital life begins.

For those that have attended, you know how much fun and how great the golf is. ( yes even at 36 degrees) For those that haven't made it. You need to make plans for one heck of a weekend.

Last year we played Honey Creek in the bitter cold. Despite the cold everyone agreed it is a great track. Well here is the chance to see what it is like it the warmer weather.

The plan is to play Tournament Club of Iowa for 36 holes on Saturday. Then if everyone is interested. Tammy has offered to cook a meal like last year. We ask to help offset costs if everyone pitch in $10. Menu is still being developed by last year was pulled pork and Mac n cheese and coleslaw and several desserts.

Then Sunday morning we are off to Honey Creek Golf Club. I almost promise it will be warmer then the round last October.

Looking forward to another great turnout!

P.S. I believe several bought the Honey Creek Groupon and may not be able to use it. If you want one, post here and I'm sure someone can hook you up.

In:
FlyingWedge
The Mayor - McRock
Mulligan
Rambler
The Prince -Dhartmann34
coers
MSH
bulldog
bjosh
Qua1l (Sun only)
Nighthawk117a
MVP (aka Nebgolfer)
Rogt
Lefty Sean
Sleuth Sat only
Craig Hartmann
Sportsfreak

Maybe:
crazygolfnut
sposey
nomadic duffer
Hawk (because we need someone to class it up a bit)
Agent Jay
P4B
drp3434

Last edited:
I'm going to be trying for the project X event, but if I don't get in, this will be atop my radar for sure, unless on another tangent, my team wants to play in the club team championship, which is that weekend!

Needless to say I'm a maybe.

I am a big maybe at this point. Lots of potential golf travel this summer so cannot commit to anything this far out

Im in, but that was to be expected.

~Rock

I enjoy going to Iowa, but being the same weekend as a THP Event with Project X, would not let me make it. Not sure I could anyway, with how much travel I have, but do enjoy golf out that way.

I will probably be there, but a lot can go on before that time. I can't miss playing golf with the Mayor and Flying Wedge who even let us into his home for a great meal.

Count me in as a maybe. That was such a fun course, even in 36 degree weather.

IOWA!!!!! That place holds a special place in my heart being it was my first "travel" THP event (unofficial) and met some great great people there. But the end of August is not going to work for me so I will not be attending. Have a great time!

I'm a solid maybe for this. I'm picking up the Groupon regardless, so I'll be making it out that way this year, just the date is in question.

To fill everyone in, the THP calendar this year is packed. Wedge and I have been discussing this the past couple of weeks. We had certain goals in mind. First, we wanted to stay away from October. The weather just can't be perfect every time we play in October. (Also, there is a THP event early in October). Second, we were trying to stay away from other THP events. That is next to impossible with this year's THP schedule. I can certainly understand that people will be trying to get into the Project X event (and for those that get in, that is awesome!). So then we were just trying to stay away from THP events in this general region.

It's a LOOOOOONNNNG ways out. We probably won't need any kind of preliminary head county until about July 1. As always, we have no issue having people decide to join us the week of the event.

With the huge THP schedule this year, we just wanted to put this out there now, so it is in people's minds. We know a lot of people have a lot of travel plans related to THP this year.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible.

~Rock

I'm a solid maybe for this. I'm picking up the Groupon regardless, so I'll be making it out that way this year, just the date is in question.
I grabbed it as well!

That's great guys Derek is getting married that weekend and I would get hung if I missed it and I was so looking forward to Iowa this year dam wedding lol

I am a maybe. Last year sucked for me and golf getaways. Maybe 2015 will be better.

It was cold. It was windy. It was cold. And, that was a fun track (would be nice to play it warmer weather). Loved the hit-n-hope strategy on #5 (I think)... Hit a big draw or launch it over the trees, it could be near the green.

Hope the timing works out - put me in for a maybe (I think my kiddo might be going back to school that following Monday).

That's great guys Derek is getting married that weekend and I would get hung if I missed it and I was so looking forward to Iowa this year dam wedding lol

Wait? What? That weekend? He needs to "put on the pants" and make this work! :clown:

Are you freaking kidding! Let the Mayor and I chat a bit

Tap Talking my way thru the world of golf!

Yeah I'll just Skype in to the wedding. No worries.... JK!! Sorry dudes can't make this one!

Iowa 2015

Oh noes I just realized this is the weekend of my wife's birthday .

Nooooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I can't make it then???
The wedding or the event? :p

Don't change it on my account. I love the Iowa trip more than most, but my last few weeks of August and first few weeks of September are shot unfortunately....

The wedding or the event? :p

Don't change it on my account. I love the Iowa trip more than most, but my August and first few weeks of September are shot unfortunately....
The event. At least we'll be on a course that weekend

Ok we are gong to discuss new dates. Can't have everyone missing this.

Tap Talking my way thru the world of golf!

Count me in as a maybe. That was such a fun course, even in 36 degree weather.
Lies!!! That weather was awful and cold!! Company was good..... But I'm not sure anyone understood and words coming out of my mouth I was so frozen and bundled up!

September 24 is the only other important date for me. Any other time should be golden .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it stays on August it could work, swmprember is a no go month for me. I will be watching this close as I really want to meet the mayor and.play some Iowa golf

With the release of the offical THP event calendar, it's time to announce Iowa 2015. Mayor McRock I are please to present this Save The Date announcement. August 22nd and Aug 23 are the Dates. remaining details are still being finalized. We will most likely be spreading this event out across Iowa.

For or those that have attended, you know how much fun and how great the golf is. ( yes even at 36 degrees) For those that haven't made it. You need to make plans for one heck of a weekend.

Last year we played Honey Creek in the bitter cold. Despite the cold everyone agreed it is a great track. Well here is the chance to see what it is like it the warm sunshine. Maybe a Friday round, a second round on the weekend?

https://www.groupon.com/biz/boone-ia/honey-creek-golf-club-des-moines-ia

Looking forward to another great turnout!

Hmm, I might be in Iowa that week. I used to live 1 mile from honey creek. It was a good track. It had just opened when I lived there. Any thoughts on where in Iowa it will be this year. If I'm there it would be near Ames.

Back