DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these tee times correct. If so, Cookie, your group better be ready to tee off rather quickly. You have 4 minutes to get 5 off the first tee and get your second shots in before we tee off. JB fast is all I need to say.

Sunday pairings:

Group 1 – 10:48

threeboysdad
Darin
Dave Alvarado
BigTex

Group 2 – 10:56

Cookie
Jim
Boyd
Jman
NoLine

Group 3 – 11:00

mikeg74
Nate
afwcardinal
cwmonroe87

And make ourselves miserable with the food!
Speaking of the food, all you can eat and drink correct? So ready for a day of that!

Staying in a cabin this weekend up at White Bluff in Lake Whitney (non golf trip). This may have to be added to the 2015 calendar. This is a sweet set up. Cabin is 20 yards from a green. They have 3 cabins, each could sleep 5. Course looks to be in good shape.

Pics? What course?
Staying in a cabin this weekend up at White Bluff in Lake Whitney (non golf trip). This may have to be added to the 2015 calendar. This is a sweet set up. Cabin is 20 yards from a green. They have 3 cabins, each could sleep 5. Course looks to be in good shape.

Very nice looking course. Looks like a fun track to play a round on.

My parents have property out there. I can take you out there anytime you want. Here are 2 course, both very fun and very different

Very nice looking course. Looks like a fun track to play a round on.

And not far from DFW which is key.

5cdb112ad45ab8fc1ade5ac1555ff299.jpg

Queen downstairs and 3 twins up stairs. Couch too that's not too bad.

What about me? I want to go too.
My parents have property out there. I can take you out there anytime you want. Here are 2 course, both very fun and very different

What about me? I want to go too.
Ok fine, you twisted my arm. It would be a good place for a large outing. There is a hotel on thebproperty. Lots of log cabins, duplexs that back up to the driving range. Easily get 50+ people out there

Wow. Resort type of course? the one green that I actually saw in the pics looked like it. Didn't see much undulation. But the fairway did look pretty tight.
Ok fine, you twisted my arm. It would be a good place for a large outing. There is a hotel on thebproperty. Lots of log cabins, duplexs that back up to the driving range. Easily get 50+ people out there

Wow. Resort type of course? the one green that I actually saw in the pics looked like it. Didn't see much undulation. But the fairway did look pretty tight.
I wouldnt call it resort. Tougher than cowboys for sure

Really? That would be fun then. Something to think about.
The old course has a par 3, all carry at like 160yds IIRC, and there is nothing but the green to hit. Miss it and you roll into the hazard

I wouldnt call it resort. Tougher than cowboys for sure

I played out here 15 years ago but don't remember much other than its pretty, it's isolated and its Texas. Good combinations. We might need to get some pricing together. Would be great for a weekend get-away.

We'll have to get over there one weekend.
The old course has a par 3, all carry at like 160yds IIRC, and there is nothing but the green to hit. Miss it and you roll into the hazard

I've played it 1/2 dozen times. It is a really fun track. I'd be up for a trip down there!

I played out here 15 years ago but don't remember much other than its pretty, it's isolated and its Texas. Good combinations. We might need to get some pricing together. Would be great for a weekend get-away.
They have added a 2nd course since then. I will inquire into pricing.

We'll have to get over there one weekend.

I did pass a shack/restaurant going through town that was all you could eat fried fish......and it was PACKED!!! This will be a must try next time.

I did pass a shack/restaurant going through town that was all you could eat fried fish......and it was PACKED!!! This will be a must try next time.
Haha. If you want a nice dinner, go eat at the lighthouse restaurant right before sunset!!! Absolutely stunning view

Haha. If you want a nice dinner, go eat at the lighthouse restaurant right before sunset!!! Absolutely stunning view

In the resort right?! Yea, heard it's great.....but it's not all you can eat fried catfish!!!

In the resort right?! Yea, heard it's great.....but it's not all you can eat fried catfish!!!
Thats true. I love me some catfish, but the food is good and the view is worth it.

Sounds like we may have our next Texas gathering in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back