What is Your Ugly Club Threshold?

Doesn't really bother me. Can't say there have been to many clubs I have thought are just flat out ugly. There have been a few clubs with graphics im not find of (the new bridgestone driver, the red one) but there are so many choices out there I have never really given it to much thought. The only "ugly" look I really can't stand is white crowned clubs. They are about the only ones I wouldn't play. In the end it's all just about the mental aspect. If you hit the club well you just have to get over the looks and think about the game.

It varies for me, I've gamed Alt's so there's that, but I can also be very particular.

I've gotten to the point where I realize that with SO much legitimately great gear out there, I can find something that works best AND fits my eye.

Colors don't bother me at all. Iron size and footprint don't bother me at all. About the only thing I'm not a fan of is big, fang putters.

White drivers, I tried and wont do it again.

f4a00744d45a95e35bd02f3e8adc5e5d.jpg

Need I say more. Btw whatever happen to the whole square driver movement? The look combined with the success should tell the whole story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would swing a turd on a stick if I could hit it better than anything else

f4a00744d45a95e35bd02f3e8adc5e5d.jpg

Need I say more. Btw whatever happen to the whole square driver movement? The look combined with the success should tell the whole story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played the next iteration and really played it well. For some reason the square didn't bother me. Called it my "golfing Chiclet" and I enjoyed my time with it.

As time has gone on I've developed a preference for slightly more compact club heads, but if I found something that helped me score lower I don't think I'd care what it looked like.

I don't care if it looks like and old shoe tied to a broomstick. If it helps my game, I would use it.

I would never play with the Cleveland VAS irons. They might have been the best thing ever for me, but no way.

I think the only thing that is so ugly I couldn't play it is the taylormade daddy long legs putters. But overall if it helps me, ill play it.

I want to think I'd try anything but I know I deliberately didn't even try the Adams driver with the slot cut through the crown. I was afraid it would be my best performer and I didn't like that look. Another that I've not tried on purpose are the new Big Bertha irons. Just too fat and wide to feel like I could play them like an iron. I don't care how garish the sole of a club looks. My issues are how it looks on top when I'm addressing a shot.

I don't care if it looks like and old shoe tied to a broomstick. If it helps my game, I would use it.

Go try the Lateral Line L2 putter and then come back and talk to me. Its literally like a dinner plate.

woods and hybrids I have a high tolerance for, irons I just dont like anything too fat or with lots of offset. Now with putters my threshold is very low. I like a clean classic look.

I will play whatever works best for my golf game.
Although, in all honesty, I have never liked the look of TM stuff. I have no idea why.

I have no threshold for ugly clubs. Half of what I have games over the past few years has been dog ugly. See... tFrame

I play these hybrids so I can't really talk about ugly clubs

7OmJzve.jpg

I can play almost anything with the exception of an ugly putter.

#Team441 for the win in Legacy. #IAmWithHarry

Mallet putters. Blech.

I played a Backstryke DART putter for 2 years. It is ugly, but performed well

Everyone's got their own definition of ugly of course. I've owned the G15 swollen thumb hybrid for example. There are some that couldn't stand the look of that club but have bagged drivers that I could never stand over.

What I've found is that the really good looking ones get more of a pass from me. Whereas even if the not so good looking ones perform, when something starts to go wrong I'm more likely to bail. When they're good looking I'll spend more time trying to work it out.

Wait a second, are we talking about golf clubs? :act-up:

To me, there's just too many good choices out there to have to pay for a club you don't like to look at. And we all have different tolerances for different things. I've got a higher threshold for tolerance on sound than the visuals.

i can play anything but mallet putters, I know they can help me, but they are ugly

I have these

Nike_SQ_Machspeed_irons.gif

so.....

putters are different though. Anything that looks like a spacestation stuck on top of a cell tower, I stay away from.

Back