Niblick Unboxing & Thread

Had my 49* for a few weeks now and have managed to chip in at least once every round I have played with it. I am so much more confident that I'm not going to blade it or hit the shot fat that everything just works out better. I wanted the 56*, but not really in a position to drop $100 on it at the moment. I'd rather practice up with my 60* LW and hope I can manage out of the bunker and flop shots with it. All in all, the niblick was a great investment.

Had my 49* for a few weeks now and have managed to chip in at least once every round I have played with it. I am so much more confident that I'm not going to blade it or hit the shot fat that everything just works out better. I wanted the 56*, but not really in a position to drop $100 on it at the moment. I'd rather practice up with my 60* LW and hope I can manage out of the bunker and flop shots with it. All in all, the niblick was a great investment.

Glad you are happy with it. I still hit my 49 fat from time to time... not sure what I am doing wrong. :(

I have all four and I feel extremely confident with the 42 and getting there with the 37 and 49. The 56* has been my nemesis but last time I played I used it to hit a shot when I needed to get over trees and was 60-70 yds from the green and I landed it 3ft away so that part of it is comming. As for around the green again my preference is the 42 and I am woring on the others as needed. I like having all four in the bag but might look to change in time. we'll see.

My 37* will be here tomorrow, this will be it for me. I truly don't need the 56 as my 58 Vokey does everything I need from the sand and I can pull of flop's with it when I need to.

So, its out with the PW tomorrow and I'll be 5-9, 37, 42, 49, 58 Vokey. I can dig it.

J-man, just a curious question here,,, why are you keeping the 8 and 9 in the bag if they have the same loft as the 37 and 42 niblick?

Because I can play a little knockdown and shape shots with the 8 and 9 when need be (and I emphasize only when need be LOL), its been handy so far. Also I tend to hit my 8i about 155-160, not sure if I'll get the 37 there yet, lol

I have all four and I feel extremely confident with the 42 and getting there with the 37 and 49. The 56* has been my nemesis but last time I played I used it to hit a shot when I needed to get over trees and was 60-70 yds from the green and I landed it 3ft away so that part of it is comming. As for around the green again my preference is the 42 and I am woring on the others as needed. I like having all four in the bag but might look to change in time. we'll see.

If you decide to get rid of the 56* be sure to shoot me a PM.. Now that I'm used to the 49*, I am anxious to see how the others would perform. It has been great for shots about 115 in and around the green. Only problem I have had is determining how much of a backswing to use when I have shots under a hundred, but that's coming with more use.

I am going to try to work with it for a few rounds Schweitzer_07, if I can't get it, I'll let you know.

Dear Cleveland,

Please make a 32* Niblick. And maybe a 27* as well.

Say hello to VJ for me.

Thanks.

Dear Cleveland,

Please make a 32* Niblick. And maybe a 27* as well.

Say hello to VJ for me.

Thanks.

Perhaps you should look into the HB3 set if you are happy with the Niblick and want irons to match it.

Perhaps you should look into the HB3 set if you are happy with the Niblick and want irons to match it.

I have the Xli's now. But I find the Niblick to be a completely different kind of club. I have never hit anything with such confidence.

Picked up the 42* last week. I was looking to replace my lost PW and when I inquired to the GGalaxy employee as to which degree to buy he said the 47* ...until I took him to the display and read off the info card that the 42* hits PW distance on full shots. He then changed his mind.

Fast forward 10 minutes and I had the exact same conversation with the Cleveland rep who was there that night. WTH? Why the confusion ? Especially from the Cleveland rep?

Anyhow...took it to my outing this past Sat. LOVE it! Sank a chip from about 5 ft off the green on the 5th hole....and then again on #8 from a bit farther out, after which everyone in my group wanted a chance to hit my new club...LOL. Very happy with this club so far!

I am considering a Niblick as the last addition to my set. I've always SUCKED out of the sand since I've had to use a garbage PW and never really had a SW. I'm looking at getting one for getting out of the sand and chipping. Any ideas on which degree one I should be looking at, the 49 or 56? Note, I plan on going a7os 6-PW and then a Niblick with no wedges.

Last edited:
I am considering a Niblick as the last addition to my set. I've always SUCKED out of the sand since I've had to use a garbage PW and never really had a SW. I'm looking at getting one for getting out of the sand and chipping. Any ideas on which degree one I should be looking at, the 49 or 56? Note, I plan on going a7os 6-PW and then a Niblick with no wedges.

Out of the sand I would give the Niblick 56 a try.

Would it work as an all purpose wedge though (sand is my primary concern)? I usually shoot a 110-115 with flashes of 9 hole brilliance until my baseball swing decides to take over mid round. Will probably get lessons next summer when I'm back home more often. I read the review and saw getting the ball out of the sand was a much easier task for higher handicappers. I'm also opening to buying a 58* Nickent ARC and getting a 49* Niblick. Just trying to figure out what would be the best to go with after the PW as I have 2 open spots in my bag.

Last edited:
Would it work as an all purpose wedge though (sand is my primary concern)? I usually shoot a 110-115 with flashes of 9 hole brilliance until my baseball swing decides to take over mid round. Will probably get lessons next summer when I'm back home more often. I read the review and saw getting the ball out of the sand was a much easier task for higher handicappers. I'm also opening to buying a 58* Nickent ARC and getting a 49* Niblick. Just trying to figure out what would be the best to go with after the PW as I have 2 open spots in my bag.

This may help.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=9615

Ahh, wrong link then. I read the review, but I wanted your opinion on if you think getting a 49* Niblick and 58* Nickent ARC or just getting the 56* Niblick is a better idea? I saw you've used both and I was just wondering which combo would be better?

Ahh, wrong link then. I read the review, but I wanted your opinion on if you think getting a 49* Niblick and 58* Nickent ARC or just getting the 56* Niblick is a better idea? I saw you've used both and I was just wondering which combo would be better?

Using a 49* Niblick out of the sand would be a tough proposition in my opinion. If those are your options though, perhaps a 49* Niblick and 58* wedge. But I am not a fan of a 58* wedge or higher for people that struggle with wedge play a little bit. I would actually go 49* for around hte greens and 56* wedge.

Problem is I can only get my hands on a 58* at Rockbottom. If I go for a Niblick + wedge, I'd like to keep it cheap on the wedge. What's the disadvantage to going 56* Niblick and not grabbing a wedge... just opening the head? I actually have no wedge experience at all as my old set didn't have one (only a garbage PW). Before it would either be a garbage shot out of the sand and it would usually take 2-3 shots. My lack of accuracy was only amplified by my even worse sand game

Problem is I can only get my hands on a 58* at Rockbottom. If I go for a Niblick + wedge, I'd like to keep it cheap on the wedge. What's the disadvantage to going 56* Niblick and not grabbing a wedge... just opening the head? I actually have no wedge experience at all as my old set didn't have one (only a garbage PW). Before it would either be a garbage shot out of the sand and it would usually take 2-3 shots. My lack of accuracy was only amplified by my even worse sand game

You will not be able to open or close the face on a niblick. While it is an extremely versatile club (I use mine for tons of scenarios), I could not imagine playing all the shots around the green with it. If you are going in looking at a certain budget, why not buy one now and then wait and get the one that best suits your game down the road? If you have to have both now, than take a chance on something, but you must remember the goal is to fill gaps and make the game easier and I am not sure an extrememely high lofted wedge (58-60) is the way to go being your only wedge in your bag. Just my opinion of course.

POkeefe, I see you have the :adams: a7os irons in yor bag, why not seek out and try to add their gap wedge and sand wedge?

Back