Golf Chick

Golf Fashionista
Reaction score
Handicap
Decreasing
Has anyone played golf at night? We're going to a course tonight that has night golf (our local Par 3 course). They have the football stadium lights on and everything. I think the yellow golf balls are easier to see at night, but unfortunately, I only have 1. How is golf at night compared to during the day? I know it'll much MUCH cooler and far less people :wink: This is my first time ever night golfing :)

I've played before with the glow-in-the-dark balls the course provided for the round. It was awesome seeing the streaks sail through the air. It made finding the ball really easy. I'd do it again if I got the chance.

The cost should be cheaper as well, correct (for night golf)?

I'm playing in a glow ball tourney for the hell of it at my local course, it's night golf with no lights! Should be interesting to say the least.

I wish we had a course that had and used their lights, I keep such weird hours sometimes, golf after dark would be sweet.

Ive played glo ball tourneys. The balls are almost $9 a piece though :(. But it was a blast!!!! You should have tons of fun!!!

this would remind me too much of disco bowling with the glowing pins and balls

sounds very cool wish there was a place around here that still did it. the one that did went out of bizness before I got to try it. have fun GC!

sounds very cool wish there was a place around here that still did it. the one that did went out of bizness before I got to try it. have fun GC!

We had a Par 3 in Pigeon Forge that had the lights. It went belly up, too. I always enjoyed it. I guess its not that popular though.

Night Golf - Anyone done it?

Night Golf - Anyone done it?

One of my local courses is offering a night golf event on the July 15th Full Moon. For $20 they include glow balls, course fee/setup and a drink. Has anyone ever done this? How hard will this be? I like to have fun on the course and this is right up my alley. What do you guys think?

i am supposed to play in one also, i hear they are a ton of fun. should be a good time!

I really want to do this. I am going to look for something like this where I live

Tap tap taparoo

Did so several times about 10 years ago. It was a lighted course and we used regular golf balls. It was a lot of fun and something different.

There is a chip-and-putt by my house than runs one. I don't think I could do it at a full size course.

I did once when I was about 16. It was fun, I think we played only 6 holes.

I've played a couple par 3 courses that are lit. They are a ton of fun to play and I had a blast with the groups I went with. Take a flashlight with you because even glow in the dark balls don't show up well in deep rough.

I've played in a few and ran a few events. Most were 6 or 7 holes because it plays slow, even in a best-shot scramble format. Expect to walk so lighten your bag if you don't usually carry. It's a blast to see green glowing balls flying through the air a few holes away.

Just be sure to tee up the ball with the glow stick in the ball being square to the face (not pointing at the sweet spot or it will blow up and you'll have a green club and a ball that doesn't glow.

I have never done it but I know down in Kingsmill they did it a few years ago. Looked like a ton of fun just wish a course around here would do it.

Played 9 holes of it for charity. Pitch Black, given a torch and the balls have a tiny glow stick, was a nightmare as
1) it was the 2nd time i'd played the course
2) i lost the torch

Was great fun though

The tactic i had was to lie the torch between my legs (after seeing where i need to go) to line up the club and hit it in hopefully the right direction :D

Did so several times about 10 years ago. It was a lighted course and we used regular golf balls. It was a lot of fun and something different.

We have a lighted par 3 course in town that I have done several times, and CL and I finished up in the dead of night at 9:15pm the other day with no lights. Interestingly enough, neither one of us lost a ball and we both got pars on the 18th hole.

We have a lighted par 3 course in town that I have done several times, and CL and I finished up in the dead of night at 9:15pm the other day with no lights. Interestingly enough, neither one of us lost a ball and we both got pars on the 18th hole.

that's because all CL does is hit fairways and greens

I've always wanted to, but have never seen any posted. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Played 9 holes of it for charity. Pitch Black, given a torch and the balls have a tiny glow stick, was a nightmare as
1) it was the 2nd time i'd played the course
2) i lost the torch

Was great fun though

The tactic i had was to lie the torch between my legs (after seeing where i need to go) to line up the club and hit it in hopefully the right direction :D

British to American translation --> torch = flashlight

As someone already mentioned always align glow stick parallel to club face, my cousin and his club glowed for several holes after teaching us how not to do it. Also don't use driver,fairways or hybrids as the globalls are so hard they will shatter or dent the face of such clubs. We try to play at least once a year and it is great fun, bring a light that you can hang on the pin if it is really dark. My cousin beat us all with just a seven iron, it can be hard to find the fairway in the dark it you hit it long, will try the same myself this summers round.

A course near me has a glowball tournament twice a year and its a blast. The course is usually packed and most people are just out there drinking and having a good time. Well worth the money to experience it.

Wasn't that course featured in an article recently? I want to saw it was a golf mag of some sort but it may have just been in the paper.

Back