The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got awakened with a phone call at 3:30 this morning, that my Mother-Inlaw (yes I call her that after 20 years even though I'm not married) was on the way to the hospital with difficulty breathing. After a quick exam, they medi-vaced her to Johns Hopkns.

Awaiting her to come out of surgery. Could you use thoughts and/or prayers sent out her way.

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way, my friend. Hang in there Rob.

Minor rant for me this morning. Packers are here for our move today. I'm about to have my trusty desk top unplugged and will be relegated to iPhone and Tap-a-Talk for the next 3 days, or tablet if I can find some WiFi. Grrrr!

Had my cable switched over to my new house today. When I called to have it switched over, I told the guy that I wanted to knock off a few things to lower the bill a little, but that I wanted to keep the golf channel at all cost. So it gets hooked up and the first thing I check is the golf channel, and I no longer have it. I feel sorry for the customer service rep that I will be talking to tonight.

Had my cable switched over to my new house today. When I called to have it switched over, I told the guy that I wanted to knock off a few things to lower the bill a little, but that I wanted to keep the golf channel at all cost. So it gets hooked up and the first thing I check is the golf channel, and I no longer have it. I feel sorry for the customer service rep that I will be talking to tonight.

That was one of the deciding factors when I stuck w/ Comcast after the move instead of going to FIOS. I had to add the third tier of TV package to get golf channel (among a few others). It's a minor upgrade if at all on Comcast here.

A minor rant on my end, but the Panera Bread I decided to work from in between meetings has absolutely abysmal wifi. I can barely get on work VPN.

Not a fun day when I have to reprimand one of my peers. But, I'm "the boss" for the next couple of months while we wait to fill the position, and my peer was really an idiot with what he did.

I have to say work really sucks these days.

Clipping your irrigation pipe (the one that runs from the street to the irrigation system itself) is such a pain in the ass to deal with.

Mob/group mentality.

Is this because I made fun of dump cakes?
Heeeell no.

Just observations on some things lately that bug me. I'm in an observatory mood.

Heeeell no.

Just observations on some things lately that bug me. I'm in an observatory mood.

I am observing your observations.

Also, when i read your post I didnt read "mood." I just read, "I'm in an observatory."

I chuckled for a second.

Well good news, it appears it wasn't a heart attack after all and they decided to delay surgery for at least a day and possibly all together. They still haven't told Michelle or her mom exactly what the diagnosis is, only that it isn't a heart attack, but there are some things about her heart that they want to monitor for the next day or two and see how it goes. They are supposed to meet with the cardiologist this afternoon.

She's in one of the best hospitals in the country, so that is adding a lot of ease to mom, Michelle and her sister.

The power of THP thoughts and prayers definitely helped here today. Thanks everyone.
Still T&Ps your way buddy...good news

Last edited:
Still T&Ps your way buddy...good news

Thanks Doug. She will need the continued thoughts and prayers as she facing surgery on Friday.

The issue is she has a leak in one of her heart valves. The discussion among the Dr's was whether to replace it or sew it up. It appears they are going with the repair versus replace route.

She is 83 so I guess any major surgery at that age is a risk. But they have her stabilized now and she will remain in the hospital until surgery and for several days afterward.

Thanks again for everyone's support.

Well good news, it appears it wasn't a heart attack after all and they decided to delay surgery for at least a day and possibly all together. They still haven't told Michelle or her mom exactly what the diagnosis is, only that it isn't a heart attack, but there are some things about her heart that they want to monitor for the next day or two and see how it goes. They are supposed to meet with the cardiologist this afternoon.

She's in one of the best hospitals in the country, so that is adding a lot of ease to mom, Michelle and her sister.

The power of THP thoughts and prayers definitely helped here today. Thanks everyone.
Glad to hear it, throwing up some positive thoughts!

Mob/group mentality.
It's pretty common. I always picture the guy in the back asking, 'what's going on' as he falls in the pit

It's pretty common. I always picture the guy in the back asking, 'what's going on' as he falls in the pit
It is tough I think as humans we all tend to group with people that have like viewpoints and opinions . Once everyone gets together you share that opinion with people that may or may not agree with the group and while some can accept that people don't agree with something many can't. I do think it is much more common than most people will admit and I think many don't even realize they do it/are a part of it.

Still not an excuse for it. We all should embrace all opinions and viewpoints even if we don't agree.

It is tough I think as humans we all tend to group with people that have like viewpoints and opinions . Once everyone gets together you share that opinion with people that may or may not agree with the group and while some can accept that people don't agree with something many can't. I do think it is much more common than most people will admit and I think many don't even realize they do it/are a part of it.

Still not an excuse for it. We all should embrace all opinions and viewpoints even if we don't agree.

do you think its being bred more in today's society? seems like anyone who disagrees with anything is called out and even sometimes called some serious names to stop debate. In the past it was ok to have a different opinion and encouraged debate where today it seems no one wants to have a discussion on topics and head straight for the name calling.

F bomb this stupid F-ing construction project and everything that comes along with it. I have to finish up someone elses mess and deal with all the crap that comes with it. I don't know the back story on any issue, I know none of the players, and all the crap falls on me. To top it off, the leader of the free world will be here on Monday.

At dmv to renew license. I'll be here a while. Life just keeps getting better and better recently

At dmv to renew license. I'll be here a while. Life just keeps getting better and better recently
Doing that online here in Florida is the best innovation the US has seen in years.

Doing that online here in Florida is the best innovation the US has seen in years.

CT DMV is just getting around to the online thing. I had to stand in line to renew my registration and pay a $10 late fee last year, but today I paid the whole thing online. So much easier.

My rant is going on vacation last week and being able to play golf in the nice weather and coming back up to crap weather. My course is still at least 2 weeks out from opening.

Didn't qualify well last week... paid for it as I'm not traveling to Florida next week for our tournament... Back problems didn't help either... :/

You can renew online, but have to come one for the photo, which is what everyone is doing. The whole thing should be online though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back