What would you do for this Tee shot ?

Play a 3 hybrid to about 220 which leaves either a PW or 9 to green, three putt for bogie.

I'd either hit 3w or 5w depending on slope/wind. Basically I'd hit whatever will get me closest to the bunker but not go in. Nice little AW/PW/9i in and play for par, with a good 2nd you might get a birdie.

For me thats the type of hole that I am going to make or break it with the second shot and the tee shot is all about giving myself the best opportunity on my approach (ie. not in a bunker and with as short an iron as possible).

I see nothing to be gained by going further than 220 yards on the drive. You leave a short second shot, made shorter by it being a downhill shot. I'll take my 3 iron off the tee, and likely have a PW in at most.

My Driver would end up just about even with the bunker and a PW on the green, one putt and it's history.

Driver. Ball teed up high.
Put some serious English on it, land it at 402, watch it spin back to the hole. Tap in for eagle.

...or 4-iron to avoid danger, PW/9-iron on, and three putt for a bogey.

Depending on wind either a 2 wood over that first bunker or a four iron short of it. Either option leave me with some sort of wedge into the green.

4i, 9i, and hopefully 1 putt, most likely 2 putt for par

Whatever club would leave me short of the first bunker, then wedge or short iron to the green and hopefully no more than 2 putts Norwalk off with a par

That would be the plan, just need to hit the shots to make it work after that

Pretty open fairway. I pull driver. Chances are, I will be short of that bunker even if I dead aim it.

Hybrid or 4 iron for me.

2/3 hybrid layup in front of the bunker, wedge in. Upside of flying the bunker (shorter wedge shot) is not much compared to downside of hitting into trap.

3wood over the top of the bunker or lay up to 150

Im going to hit driver and CRUSH my tee ball 200 (with roll)
Leaves me 150, im going to hit a 7I and hole out from there for a 2

thanks

Well, my driver carries about 235 when hit well, and will get about 15 yards of roll on 'average' ground. In soft conditions, I pull driver. In firm conditions, I pull 3 wood. Since the approach is downhill, I think I'm still in PW range when teeing off with the 3W. Even if not, I don't really have any issues hitting my 9 iron or 8 iron either.

~Rock

I would for sure play driver off the tee from that teebox.... If I absolutely pure it and get all my potential carry it would fall right smack in the middle of that bunker assuming it went dead straight.... but that would be a 1 in 40 shot...the other 39 are going to finish between 5-25 yards short of that pimple so no worries.

Depending on the wind, either driver over the middle bunker or hybrid just short of it.

If it's 237 to the bunker, that bunker is beyond my driving range. Looks like driver + 5 iron for me.

...I know this depends on our distances as individuals but I am wondering in general how you would play this tee shot. What would be your logic to play this hole?

Driver and try to draw it in. I don't have a 250 carry, so I would be trying to land the tee shot short and let the ball settle even with the bunker or just past it on the left hand side of the fwy.

I'll go 4 iron and leave my self with 135 out and hit my pw.

Take dead aim at the trap and work the ball to one side or the other.
I'm with Freddie here, aim at the bunker with my driver and play my normal draw. If I smack it on the sweet spot I'll fly the bunker or just left of it, if I miss-hit it will likely end up short-left of the bunker regardless.

I'm taking the big dog. Let him eat! Bunker is right around my average distance with driver, but the odds of me actually hitting the bunker are small, I'll take my chances!

Driver and pray I don't land in the bunker...#risktaker

Driver. Ball teed up high.
Put some serious English on it, land it at 402, watch it spin back to the hole. Tap in for eagle.

...or 4-iron to avoid danger, PW/9-iron on, and three putt for a bogey.

So you'd Aaron Baddely it you're saying?

Back