Limited Edition or Prototype?

Prototype. Preferably one that's an improvement and not a throwaway that doesn't make the cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prototype does it more for me most often. Limited edition just means there's a finite number made, that number can still be very high in some cases. If something is truly low number limited edition, it does pique my interest though. Prototype invokes the thought of one off/low number released, very special equipment (even though that's not necessarily the case).

Hmmm...first time I would be in a spot to consider...prototype is cool because it's not available to anyone yet whole with LE if it's super LE of <200 then I might have to go LE

We're a funny breed, us golfers/buyers.

What gets you more excited, clubs/shafts with "prototype" or "Limited Edition" on them? Why?

Neither. Just words today in golf. "Prototype" "Limited Edition" "Tour Issue" "Tour" "Tour Only" "Made For The Tour"

Just means it cost more.

Prototype it give you the feel that you have some thing no one else does

Limited Edition. just my gut

I would have to go with limited edition over prototype as there is no guarantee that a prototype is a completely finished product in my eyes. It is a test model of something that may need further modifications before it is suitable for mass production

Yes, a limited edition may only be a certain colour or have additional lettering etc but you know it is a finished product and there are only so many that have been made. For those who say that 500 is a lot, are you considering that those 500 could be spread all over the globe and therefore you may never see another one yourself

I couldn't care less if its limited edition or prototype, if something works for me and my golf game then that's all I care about.

For what its worth prototype sounds cooler, so ill go with that.

Limited Edition for me. Some about the exclusivity of it that I love the sound of.

Limited Edition. Chances of something being prototype and being a good fit for me are slim to none.

Prototype because its part of the creation process. LE can mean 50 come in pink but to me there is nothing special about a paint job.

Which one works better for me?

Boy do I have a deal for you collectors. It's a prototype, 1 of 1 limited edition driver head. Guaranteed to be the lightest driver head on tour.

For only $999.99, this beauty could be yours!

2nbhsgn.jpg

If it's a putter, then both would be fun. On anything else, it's pointless.

Boy do I have a deal for you collectors. It's a prototype, 1 of 1 limited edition driver head. Guaranteed to be the lightest driver head on tour.

For only $999.99, this beauty could be yours!

2nbhsgn.jpg

Does that mean you pick proto?

Prototype say in Chicago....say in October....say at Wilson HQ....sounds pretty good to me!!

Limited Edition Tour Prototype's are the best... even better if they're preceded with a special color like "black".

But between just to two OP choices, guess I'd prefer Limited Edition, unless it's really not limited edition and just says that, as is usually the case. I don't want a prototype...no experimenting for me, I want proven stuff :)

Neither. Just words today in golf. "Prototype" "Limited Edition" "Tour Issue" "Tour" "Tour Only" "Made For The Tour"

Just means it cost more.

I've got to agree with this. May not apply to every single item with those labels, but to a really high percentage.
Maybe the winter has made me more cynical. I doubt it, though.

Prototype gets me much more excited. To me it feels like I am among the first to get to use it.

Prototype.

Side note:

I used to work in the mobile phone business like 10-15 years ago. I was on a trip to Brussels, and I was testing (using) a prototype of a mobile phone. It was the only prototype in Finland of that phone, maybe 10 in the world....I forgot it in a bus...I had to run like 5 blocks after the bus, and still didn't get it back. A hotel manager drove like 50 miles to get it back to me.

I kind of lost my marbles waiting for to get it back :D

Idk but the cobra masters edition drivers are pretty cool prototype they will make more le they wont

Back