UST Mamiya Prototype THP Event - Live Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya swing speed went up ball speed went up with much less than ideal contact. Looking forward to dialing this thing in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shaft length an issue for ya leading to the off center or just some lefty rust?

I broke the machine so I guess I got that going for me

Just talking with Robb for the last 45 mins and what a cool dude. Having great conversation about designing shafts and just life in general.

These guys are so down to earth. Pretty cool to hang out with them.

Danny is a bigger in 46, and for good reason, had a GREAT talk with him on this. I'm a 44.5 guy and I'll be changing
Really interesting

Did anyone try the online tool and did it recommend the same shaft you were fitted for in person?

It couldn't because it's a prototype shaft that won't be out for maybe a year.

Warmed up with the xr irons with the recoil shaft. No idea why I never tried them before. Those shafts are amazing.

Just did some mind blowing information highway search on these beauties, the interview JB did with Danny and the write up James did. Even more pondering to add these in the new sticks, that would be a deadly combo. Now to see if any stores have these to try out and let the orders begin!

Longer means more speed generation, its a fact, plus, you can always choke down. Danny is an adamant believer, plays 47.
That's crazy. Does he adjust where he grips depending on the hole? So choke down when he needs to be accurate, and play full 47 when he has room to play...

Danny is a bigger in 46, and for good reason, had a GREAT talk with him on this. I'm a 44.5 guy and I'll be changing

How tall is Danny?

We always hear about iron length and golfer height, related to custom fittings. And, for irons, golfers are told to get the proper length. I thought choking down is not a good solution because the grip size decreases due to the taper.

It's really eye opening how much club head speed you can gain by lengthing the shaft by 1".

And no my dispersion did not get worse.

4d653bd00d5f8b05c04281fbeae6c8a8.jpg

This a slimmed down Taylor??? Lookin good son!

Staticline is rocking and rolling now, again we have speed jumps, and Danny is working some serious knowledge with him right now.

It's crazy to see the kind of jumps in CHS and BS people are seeing.

If I picked up 10 mph in ball speed, I'd probably try and hug the fitter.

I swear everyone is going higher ball speed higher swing speed lower spin than their gamers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How tall is Danny?

We always hear about iron length and golfer height, related to custom fittings. And, for irons, golfers are told to get the proper length. I thought choking down is not a good solution because the grip size decreases due to the taper.

Maybe 5'10".

Cace is up now!

Staticline is rocking and rolling now, again we have speed jumps, and Danny is working some serious knowledge with him right now.

I wish!!! Is my twin there? HAHA.:angel:

Did anyone try the online tool and did it recommend the same shaft you were fitted for in person?

Me. It got me in the Recoil 95's. I went F3 & was fit for F4...

How tall is Danny?

I think height and wrist to floor are kind of irrelevant in the modern realm of fitting. It's all a matter of what the swing it doing at impact. I'm 5'5", and I play my irons & wedges +1/2", and my hybrids & woods at standard.

That's crazy. Does he adjust where he grips depending on the hole? So choke down when he needs to be accurate, and play full 47 when he has room to play...
I'd bet he doesn't over think it, just swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back