Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do have shaft fitting on their website. When I did it, it seemed to come out with results I would expect based on other shafts I've been fit into. One thing I noticed is that they consistently fit me into X-stiff graphite iron shafts, while I usually get fit into S on steel.
I was curious if the new 460 line is part of the online tool. I was a bit shocked by what it spit out for me.

I was curious if the new 460 line is part of the online tool. I was a bit shocked by what it spit out for me.

They have them on the website, so I'd venture to think they are included. They fit me into the standard recoil 110 in X-stiff, which is kind of what I would expect.

Really pondering the JPX 850 driver.
Going to have to hit a couple more times.
but it sure felt good yesterday.

Went onto the UST Mamiya website. That was a terrible decision on my part, and now there's a stupid high ponder...

How many ponders?

A few. Plugged in what I wanted in a shaft and it gave me the 125's and the Proto as an option to start. Attention has been piqued.

Going to pick up some new grips and can't decide between the I-line or the UTX. Any recommendations for a guy who plays with out a glove? I want something that is tacky and not squishy that can do well in all weather especially the hot dry heat we get out here.

Also going to put the S55 and Apex Pro's head to head in the sim, I will buy one of them by the end of the week.

The UTx may be a bit rough without a glove IMO. I-Line is very good and I don't think I'd call them squishy.

The UTx may be a bit rough without a glove IMO. I-Line is very good and I don't think I'd call them squishy.

I play either a full cord or NDMC without a glove so something being to rough isn't a problem not rough enough is.

I play either a full cord or NDMC without a glove so something being to rough isn't a problem not rough enough is.
In that case the I-Line may be a bit too smooth for you.
I don't think I would call the UTx tacky, but I don't have a ton of experience with them.

In that case the I-Line may be a bit too smooth for you.
I don't think I would call the UTx tacky, but I don't have a ton of experience with them.

Thanks man, they always feel different in a store when they aren't on a club or the same ones have been on display for the past 5 years and all feel like garbage.

A few. Plugged in what I wanted in a shaft and it gave me the 125's and the Proto as an option to start. Attention has been piqued.

im im looking at 110 or 95 dependent on ball flight. Chrome+, elements wind or fire. Although the fitting gave me pro force vts

im im looking at 110 or 95 dependent on ball flight. Chrome+, elements wind or fire. Although the fitting gave me pro force vts

I did fairway and got the vts black. Thought that was interesting as well.

V series are awesome.
Old school mashie 7w was amazing

5w V series is absolutely on my pondering list. Driver and 7w is currently my two longest clubs in my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did fairway and got the vts black. Thought that was interesting as well.

Same here for hybrid along with the elements wind. For my fwy it was vts or axivcore. Ponders are both fun and sometimes frustrating...love the ponder process though

Srixon Z 745 4 iron as well as a Cleveland precision forged in 48-50* and KBS tour shaft

Pondering a Newport 1.5 for day-to-day duty. I think I want one with the deep milling.

Works 2-ball ponder is dead. 815 Alpha hybrid has replaced it.

Still iROD.

Hit the R15 hybrid yesterday at Cowboys for the UST event.

Loved the iROD they had in it, but that hybrid, woof. Just not a fan of that shape/size.

Odyssey Milled Collection #6M

3 wood or low lofted hybrid for par 5's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 wood.

You'll hit it further because of the better launch, and more consistently because of it too.

Whichever one you hit better and fills the distance that you need. I have no issues with my 18° hybrid. It fills 220-230 gap with no problems. Go hit both and see what you come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back