Want to murder out my new RBZ Stage 2

marcv68

Gotta Love Sara No H
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys im really stoked, I just picked up a nice 10.5 head off of the bay for cheap and I stuck a Project X 6.0 stiff shaft in it and according to the LM its perfect for me. Question is how do u go about murdering out the head. Ive done plenty of paint fills that look nice but this seems it would be different. I have aircraft remover stripper which is great. But I also have access to a bead blast machine at my job. Will the bead blast machine ruin the head and will the aircraft stripper work? Also what flat black is good for murdering this out. I think it,ll look badass with the black 6.0 shaft. Thx. all

I can't answer your question...but I'd love to see some pics when done.

I have no idea if what you have will work or not but I'm definitely intrigued.

I have a Callaway razr fit head with an ugly skymark on it. I have been thinking about stripping it down and playing around with it.

You never know. You might be on to the next big trend lol

Well finally got to stripping the old paint off I used what they call, Aircraft Remover spray bomb. Dis stuff is the bomb. Completely removed every little spec of paint. Im gonna scuff it up with very light steel wool then hit it with matte black paint to match my project x shaft then hit it with matte clear
Should look outstanding. Also gonna give it 12 or more hours between coats

You should take a picture of it without paint and show pics as you progress through

That would look slick, looking forward to see the finished product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im gonna try is it easy to post pics I never have. It will be sick, all matte black with the word taylormade and the RBZ letters orange to match my black and orange golf bag.#holla

a917ef68f63da88f7886d7bb2fc3d458.jpg
685f629a0c9fc7838517ab8ff856c8f8.jpg

Hope this worked. These are pics of the stripped RBZ Stage 2 driver I was yapping about. Im gonna finish stripping the rest of it at work with a bead blast machine. It will smooth out even more

I would rock that thing as a raw finish. Looks sick like that.

You're off to a really good start! I did the exact same thing with my RFX 3 wood and it turned out really well. Light sprays back and forth! Good luck.

Aircraft stripper is great stuff. I used it a lot when I was a kid and working on my BMX bikes. I could go to a race with a different color bike every weekend.

I would like to see that head in matte black. Should look great!

Thx SliceOfLife im gonna hit the first coat of Matte Black when I get home

caf825545c73295621cadb59dcf8205b.jpg

This is my progress so far on the paint job of my RBZ Stage 2. Stripped it at work with a glass bead machine then started painting it. I gotta hit it with some clear then Ill b done
2bdc68ccde335dfff4f3c8db6c6bad44.jpg

Hopefully u can see it. Im gonna fill in the bottom words with orange to match my black and orange Ogio bag

3a25c6afbf387f3d832dc2ff33c61f54.jpg

There it is with the orange fill on the sole lettering. Gotta hit it with some clear coat then im done.

3a25c6afbf387f3d832dc2ff33c61f54.jpg

There it is with the orange fill on the sole lettering. Gotta hit it with some clear coat then im done.
This is already looking pretty sick, I really want too see the finish product.

Wow that is looking great! Cant wait to see the finished project!

Back