JB Holmes Wins Shell Houston Open - WITB

Such a mixed bag, but he hits them all well, can't argue with the results.

Interesting set up for sure, 10* between the mini driver and 5 wood. I would have thought he played more Srixon/Cleveland gear as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really interesting branding set up he's got going. TM staff but rocking the Srixon bag with not one Srixon club actually in the bag!
I was thinking the same thing although he's playing Cleveland Wedges and the Z-star, but definitely way more TM .

I'm not surprised to see such a mixed bag, I don't he is a guy that moves a ton of clubs when he is in contention. I wonder if he ever hits the mini off the deck for as long as he is.

With all the talk about his driving, he was dead last in driver accuracy for the week, but also first in driving distance:

http://www.pgatour.com/monday-finish/2015/04/06/jb-holmes-shell-houston-open.html

From the article: "2) The phrase “Grip it and rip it” comes to mind when you hear this next stat. Holmes was dead last in driving accuracy this week (44.6 percent). The good news was that he was first in driving distance (312.4 yards). Since 1983, just eight PGA TOUR winners have finished the week dead last in driving accuracy (the last was Jimmy Walker at the 2013 Frys.com Open)."

I was there yesterday on the right side of 18 half way between the fairway bunkers and green, and have to say that it was an exciting playoff. Holmes' iron shaft choice is interesting too since it at least seems like most DG players go with Tour Issue X100's. It's also interesting to him play the Cleveland PW instead of the 14 TP MC PW (and that he went with 3 woods instead of a PW +3 wedges).

Mixed bag like myself. The only difference is he averages about 90 yards longer than me on his driver lol

Back