Golf Pride NDMC vs NDMC MCC+4

2012BFT

Reaction score
Handicap
Its about time to regrip for the 2015 season and I am wondering if anyone has had a chance to try the new Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound MCC+4? How would these stack up against the original? I understand the new technology using a reduced taper design... but has anyone had the chance to experience them? If so, what were your thoughts... did this new design have any positive, negaitve, or even noticable effect on performance?

Also... Does anyone know if anyone on tour has made the switch?

Thanks!

I'm also anxious to hear some feedback on the ndmc +4, but I don't think they are going to be released til sometime in March

Should have tour information coming up very soon for you. Its an interesting grip. Not for me, but an interesting grip.

I felt them during the show and I was surprised you could actually tell the difference because they don't really look different. I liked them by feel but haven't played them to say how they are in real conditions.

Saw one at the shop that the Pro brought back from the show. Felt real good but I did notice that it was a little bit heavier than the normal NDMC. Haven't played with one just saw this one....

Getting ready to regrip in a week or two so I thought I would bump this thread to see if anyone else has any thoughts after seeing them in person, or better yet trying them!

Thanks guys!

I looked for them this past weekend in the PGA Superstores, and they didn't seem to have them out yet. I'm curious myself about how they feel with the built up lower hand.

I looked for them this past weekend in the PGA Superstores, and they didn't seem to have them out yet. I'm curious myself about how they feel with the built up lower hand.

Yeah me too... I know they are at least "shipping" from Golfsmith. I am just curious how different they actually feel. I know on the GP website, they talk about a softer rubber compound. Also, I wonder if they have a tour presence yet.

I regripped my clubs from the regular NDMC grips to the Plus 4s today.... They are way less harsh, IMO...

Dax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just re-gripped my Srixon Z545s last night with the new MCC+4. Previously had the NDMC's on there. Agree 100% with Dax, the NDMC grips were really harsh and tore up my gloves pretty quickly. The new MCC+4 grips are fantastic and a huge step forward. I love the soft lower section, especially with chip shots around the green. I've not traditionally been a huge Golf Pride fan but I think these grips are going to work out really well.

I totally agree with this assessment, the regular NDMC grips are glove shredders, but I always thought they provided a great connection between the hands and the club. The Plus 4s are an advancement in every way, less harsh on the hands and the built up lower half help improve an already great product. If you are a Golf Pride fan, these are worth a look....

Dax

Golf Pride NDMC vs NDMC MCC+4

These grips are really interesting to me. Mainly because I loved the NDMC, but hated that they got even more harsh when I built them up with tape, for my enormous hands. So my question is, does the +4 stand for (equivalent of +4 wraps on the lower)? If so, I could possibly NEED these. At least that's what I'll tell the financial consultant.

The lower feels more like +2 wraps to me but I could be off. I actually ended up doing 2 wraps when I put these on anyhow and that ended up perfect for me.

Okay. These seemed perfect. Reason being that when I put on standard grips they go on with 4 wraps under the upper and 8 on the lower half.

I had the NDMC's last year and liked them, but they were very harsh on my hands. I still think about using them every now and then because I found out the tape pattern I like since then and I want to see if it changes them at all.

But with that, I'm not a fan of the MCC +4's at all. Not only is it a reduced taper, but the lower section actually felt bigger than the top section when I put one on. Also, they are adding the equivalent of +4 wraps worth of rubber into the design. This causes the grip to be very squishy on the bottom hand and felt terrible to me because of that. I get the design and it makes somewhat sense, but honestly, if you are someone who typically builds up 4 extra wraps under the bottom hand, this isn't going to give you the same feel at all. Same size maybe, but not same feel.

Only plus is these are slightly less harsh than the normal NDMC's, which I did like that part.

These grips are really interesting to me. Mainly because I loved the NDMC, but hated that they got even more harsh when I built them up with tape, for my enormous hands. So my question is, does the +4 stand for (equivalent of +4 wraps on the lower)? If so, I could possibly NEED these. At least that's what I'll tell the financial consultant.

The specs for the grips can be seen at this link:

http://www.golfpride.com/mcc-plus4/

Some will not like the built up bottom half, however they might be the perfect fit for players that really liked the older NDMC grip despite some of it's weaknesses.

Dax

The specs for the grips can be seen at this link:

http://www.golfpride.com/mcc-plus4/

Some will not like the built up bottom half, however they might be the perfect fit for players that really liked the older NDMC grip despite some of it's weaknesses.

Dax

Interesting. 4.6% doesn't seem like that much. But I guess it is when you think about how thin an extra piece of tape is under the grip.

I had my first round yesterday with these new grips... Love these grips, I believe the decrease in harshness is going to help me... I'm a 18 HP and had a putt on 18 to break 90 (missed it), but a great first round for the new grips...

Dax

I played standard with Tour Velvets with +2 wraps under the bottom hand for a while, then went to midsize grips. I put one of these on a driver and had +4 wraps added to try and get it to be somewhere between standard and midsize and it ended up being just smaller than midsize (but real close) under the top hand and bigger than a midsize under the bottom hand (too big for me). So the number of wraps used under standard to achieve a certain size will be tough to match with these grips.

I'm going with standard MCC Plus4's on my new clubs/shafts to try for a while. I agree with what others have said in that they are definitely softer/squishier than NDMC's, especially under the bottom hand.

Had my clubs regripped with the NDMC's a couple of weeks ago. Had I known these were coming I might have waited... Love the idea of the buildup under the lower hand.

For any guys with the white bottom half. Does the white clean up? Love the look of them but afraid in 2 rounds they look rough

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

For any guys with the white bottom half. Does the white clean up? Love the look of them but afraid in 2 rounds they look rough

No issues with discoloration on the bottom half here. At least 20 rounds on them so far.

No issues with discoloration on the bottom half here. At least 20 rounds on them so far.
Alright sweet. I love the white look of them very much

Back