Bridgestone J815 Driver - THP Review

Thanks for copying that over to the correct thread. Sorry about that.
Are you telling me that you had that set up at 9.5°? Then I am even more impressed. I can't even imagine what that club would be like on a day with better conditions.
The launch was slightly higher than I had with the other two drivers, and they were set at 11°, I believe. I'm just shaking my head here. I thought I was hitting the Bstone at 12°. Wow.

Yessiree, its set to 9.5, crazy right? My other two are at 12*/12.5 and this launches just lower than one, and as high as the other.

Yessiree, its set to 9.5, crazy right? My other two are at 12*/12.5 and this launches just lower than one, and as high as the other.
I may need another crack at that. Would love to see it on course a hole or two. See what actual carry/roll looks like.
I need to check PGA SS to see if they have one to demo. Get it on the monitor and see what the numbers look like.

Finally got out yesterday to hit my J815 with the new shaft (Fujikura Motore F1 55g) at the outdoor range by me. This thing flat out performs, what a difference 10g makes with the shaft change. The flight is Mid/High with my setup and just wants to go straight or draw no matter what. Many of my shots were left center to more towards the toe and everything went straight or would draw. I really love the shape of the head and the sound, it's slightly muted with no audible "ping" or "ding". It feels really good none the less, cannot wait for the snow to melt to get some real course data on it. Committing to the J815 for the foreseeable future, just sold my X2Hot to my buddy last night!

I never considered Bridgestone clubs until I bought a used j45 hybrid. And even then I never gave a thought to their drivers, until now. I'm very eager to try this club.

I never considered Bridgestone clubs until I bought a used j45 hybrid. And even then I never gave a thought to their drivers, until now. I'm very eager to try this club.
This will be one of those clubs that I wish more people knew about/have access to demo, but at the same time I like the exclusivity of owning one.

This club continues to amaze me, went to the outdoor range again today since it was 50* here in upstate NY. Had a bit more of a warm up this time around and got a bigger bucket of balls. It has this awesome med/high flight and then just drops outta the sky. It just stays on this tight line with little to no movement, I think out of the 15-20 shots I made with it only one cut ever so slightly. Anyone that has been contemplating this driver, DO IT!

This club continues to amaze me, went to the outdoor range again today since it was 50* here in upstate NY. Had a bit more of a warm up this time around and got a bigger bucket of balls. It has this awesome med/high flight and then just drops outta the sky. It just stays on this tight line with little to no movement, I think out of the 15-20 shots I made with it only one cut ever so slightly. Anyone that has been contemplating this driver, DO IT!
Which driver did you get? What I mean is, which shaft (what color) and what loft did you get in FL?

Which driver did you get? What I mean is, which shaft (what color) and what loft did you get in FL?
Spivey, I originally got the Attas 5 GoGo (Orange color shaft) but it ended up being too heavy/stout for me. Threw a Fujikura Motore F1 in the 10.5* head and couldn't be happier. Head set at neutral and shaft length at 45.5", thing is a monster.

Bridgestone J815 Driver - THP Review

Looks like Snedeker was trying out the J815 at the Valspar. Driver seems to be getting traction among the staff players.
a96a7053f87fd3ab7eb782e37b8590a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not shocked at all. Its a shame so many are just flocking to the J715 because this one is a great head too. Alas, the paint is a turn-off for many and will continue to be.

Finished up the review on this one last week and I suspect it will be going up soon.

I'm not shocked at all. Its a shame so many are just flocking to the J715 because this one is a great head too. Alas, the paint is a turn-off for many and will continue to be.

Finished up the review on this one last week and I suspect it will be going up soon.

Looking forward to it! I just hope it's available for Bridgestone Staffers at #THPLegacy. Can't wait to try it out this Saturday as well.

Hit this again on the range today and I just LOVE this driver. We are just made for eachother. I hit 20 balls with it and if I was on a course I might have missed 1FW. I also didn't hit 20 balls in a row, I hit 5 then hit something else etc. It sets up perfect for my eye and just feels great in my hands. I cannot say enough how much everyone needs to hit this! I also wasn't hitting it dead center or anything like that but it just wants to get up and go straight for me.

Finally got out to the executive course by me last Friday afternoon to play 9 (first round of the season). Boy did this perform as well as it did on the range, on the course. All my shots were dead straight or drew a bit, sometimes I had to line up a little right of target to get it to come back center. I will say that some of this was due to where I struck the shot on the face (toe). Anyways, this club was longer than my X2Hot and for me more easily controlled. Even tho the holes on the executive course are not long by any means, every hole that I could use driver I was left with a chip shot in vs. a full short iron in.
I just love the shape and depth of the face, I always felt with my X2Hot the face was too tall/deep. I am more of a sweeper when it comes to ball striking, so this head fits my swing perfectly. I cannot wait for Sunday to play 18!

I wish I could get my hands on one of these. I want to demo one but it's not even available via the test drive program. Frustrating.

I wish I could get my hands on one of these. I want to demo one but it's not even available via the test drive program. Frustrating.

It will be, they said mid April when I talked to them about it.

It will be, they said mid April when I talked to them about it.
Wish I'd have seen this 30 seconds sooner haha. Sent CS an email asking about it.

Trust me, it'll be worth the wait!

Was able to get this driver out on the course this past weekend thanks to Jman. Enjoyed hitting it quite a bit. Launches high and sets up well. I could get used to the graphics......I think :act-up:. Would be so beautiful "murdered out" though. Thanks for letting me take her for a spin James!

JM

Played 18 with mine this weekend, it just wants to go straight or draw. I love the look and feel of it, this driver will help me on my quest for shooting in the 80's.

Bump for the Bridgestone Legacy staffers

I read that review before, and then rereading I really want to hit this thing.... I looked at the Bridgestone Test drive, but all the options that I THINK would work for me our checked out....

I found it online for $360 shipped from a reputable dealer but I really shouldn't spend the money.... THP has me doing some serious thinking on this club.

Back