True Temper XP95 and XP105 Review Thread

Same shaft I play, I never expected to play a light weight high launch shaft but I love them.
Actually that day I played with you guys was the first time I really started to click with them.

I play the XP 105s and they are fantastic.

Can anyone compare the Tour V with the XP105? I really like the feel of the Tour V and was separately fitted for the XP105 but the seem like pretty different profiles.

Can anyone compare the Tour V with the XP105? I really like the feel of the Tour V and was separately fitted for the XP105 but the seem like pretty different profiles.

Just got back from my iron fitting and after settling into the proper head (Callaway apex) tried the xp95, xp105 and the Tour-v. I saw the best numbers with carry, spin and dispersion with the xp95 and tourv. 6i SS was around 87 mph and carry of 170 ish and had a nice penetrating/high flight. Yes the xp105 was still a nice option but I was more consistent with the slightly lighter shaft.

Same shaft I play, I never expected to play a light weight high launch shaft but I love them.

These are the shafts I was fit into for my Apexs last night! Really a great shaft.

Just got back from my iron fitting and after settling into the proper head (Callaway apex) tried the xp95, xp105 and the Tour-v. I saw the best numbers with carry, spin and dispersion with the xp95 and tourv. 6i SS was around 87 mph and carry of 170 ish and had a nice penetrating/high flight. Yes the xp105 was still a nice option but I was more consistent with the slightly lighter shaft.
I'm def going to re-re-shaft mine back into the stock 95s. The DG SL test has run its course.

I've been playing with these for a few weeks now and really love these shafts. I've had more pure feeling golf shots with these then I've had in years.

Anybody in here able to tell me how different the 105's are vs the 95's? Hit the 95's the other day and got some great numbers, but the 105's are closer in specs to my KBS Tour 90 so I'm curious what the difference would be.

I was fitted for these (XP 105) as well via the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer and I got these in my JPX-850 Forged. I've had some of my best rounds lately, so I can't complain!

Anybody in here able to tell me how different the 105's are vs the 95's? Hit the 95's the other day and got some great numbers, but the 105's are closer in specs to my KBS Tour 90 so I'm curious what the difference would be.

105's will launch lower than the Tour 90's FWIW.

I will say, the 95/105/115 in the XP's are solid solid options from TT, I have enjoyed them all in different testings.

I was playing the Tour 90's in my R7TP's before I made the switch to AP2's with XP95. Both shafts were stiff flex.

To me the XP95 feel a little truer to flex, and stable through the swing. I am getting the same height out of both which is great. I can be a lot more aggressive with the XP shaft, where as if you always swing smooth, the tour 90 is probably going to give you the best results.

Can't go wrong with either selection really, they are both great offerings.

105's will launch lower than the Tour 90's FWIW.

I will say, the 95/105/115 in the XP's are solid solid options from TT, I have enjoyed them all in different testings.

I was playing the Tour 90's in my R7TP's before I made the switch to AP2's with XP95. Both shafts were stiff flex.

To me the XP95 feel a little truer to flex, and stable through the swing. I am getting the same height out of both which is great. I can be a lot more aggressive with the XP shaft, where as if you always swing smooth, the tour 90 is probably going to give you the best results.

Can't go wrong with either selection really, they are both great offerings.

Great info boys, thanks. Interesting that you say the XP95's are a little more stable billp, I thought the exact same thing, and hit them great. Reason I ask about the 105's is I launched both the Tour 90's in my irons and the XP95's in the AP1's at around 21* with a 7i, and I wouldn't mind bringing that down a touch. So from that standpoint, the 105's sound promising.

Great info boys, thanks. Interesting that you say the XP95's are a little more stable billp, I thought the exact same thing, and hit them great. Reason I ask about the 105's is I launched both the Tour 90's in my irons and the XP95's in the AP1's at around 21* with a 7i, and I wouldn't mind bringing that down a touch. So from that standpoint, the 105's sound promising.
I have the the 105s in my Amp Cells and they are fantastic. I have not hit the other two, however, so I can't give you a comparison.

Don't know what kind of rush you are in, but I can offer you some options:

I have a 105 shaft for a GW, 4i, and 3i I could send you to test out in your heads. Or you could send a head or two and I could put em in there and send em back. Thing is I'd prolly need the GW and 4i shaft back.

Or, I will most likely game my amp cells next weekend in Minneapolis, but after that I'm probably going to play around with my exotics. I could send you my amp cells after to the test if you want to see how the shafts work.

I haven't hit the KBS but for me my SS was slower with the 105 than the 95 and I didn't get the same high launch. If you liked the numbers with the 95 I would say give them a go.

I have the the 105s in my Amp Cells and they are fantastic. I have not hit the other two, however, so I can't give you a comparison.

Don't know what kind of rush you are in, but I can offer you some options:

I have a 105 shaft for a GW, 4i, and 3i I could send you to test out in your heads. Or you could send a head or two and I could put em in there and send em back. Thing is I'd prolly need the GW and 4i shaft back.

Or, I will most likely game my amp cells next weekend in Minneapolis, but after that I'm probably going to play around with my exotics. I could send you my amp cells after to the test if you want to see how the shafts work.

Danny, my friend, that is a ridiculously generous offer and I appreciate it immensely! Honestly not sure if I'm going to make any kind of move just yet - I'm supposed to have a Callaway Performance Center fitting pretty soon that should give me a pretty good idea as to whether I should be exploring the option or whether I should stick with what I've got going.

I will definitely keep that in mind though and let you know. You're the man!

Danny, my friend, that is a ridiculously generous offer and I appreciate it immensely! Honestly not sure if I'm going to make any kind of move just yet - I'm supposed to have a Callaway Performance Center fitting pretty soon that should give me a pretty good idea as to whether I should be exploring the option or whether I should stick with what I've got going.

I will definitely keep that in mind though and let you know. You're the man!
Sounds good dude. Just let me know!

I don't get a chance to demo irons where I live. How is the ballflight of say xp95 to Ping CFS, both in stiff?

I don't get a chance to demo irons where I live. How is the ballflight of say xp95 to Ping CFS, both in stiff?
95 will be higher, with a touch more spin in my experience. Plus, the CFS heavier.

95 will be higher, with a touch more spin in my experience. Plus, the CFS heavier.

Got my 714 AP2s with the XP 95 stiff out today for the first time and this was not my experience at all. In fact, I was surprised to find the XP lower launching for me than the CFS stiffs were, and it's not even close. The CFS got up quick and ballooned on me but the XPs seem to launch lower and have a flatter trajectory. I actually like it. I was expecting a high ballooning flight but these do feel more stout and accurate. Looking forward to getting them out again to see if it wasn't a one time deal. My Driver SS is 100-105, for reference, 6 iron 83 mph.

Had to bump this old thread to say how much I like the XP 105 S300 shafts. I first tried the XP shafts in the Bio cell irons and was pretty impressed by the feel because they feel a lot like the TT Dynamic Stiff that I played for so many years. I always seem do well with clubs that have the S300 shafts in them, but I'm not getting any younger and the S300's, as much as I like them, start to cause issues with my back (old injury) if I hit them a lot. The XP 105's are considerably lighter (obviously), but feel so much like my old shafts, and more importantly deliver the same reliable, stable, results with a bit more distance to boot. I find that pretty remarkable.

Also I'm wondering if anyone has tried the XP 115 X100 shafts. The online fitting tool spit these out for me when I tried it, so now, of course, I'd like to see what they have to offer. A bit lower launch I'm guessing.

Just threw some XP105's in the XTD Forged. Really excited to get them on the course this weekend.

I'm still really pleased with the XP95's I've been playing for 2+ years. I see very little ballooning, even in windy conditions, and get a great high ball flight.

I'm still really pleased with the XP95's I've been playing for 2+ years. I see very little ballooning, even in windy conditions, and get a great high ball flight.

I've played them in multiple sets over the last 4-5 months. I don't know if they are an ideal fit for me, but I do like them.

I've played them in multiple sets over the last 4-5 months. I don't know if they are an ideal fit for me, but I do like them.

I don't know that they are ideal for me either. But they are alot better than the shafts I was fit into before them.

I hit a couple shots on the LM a month or so back. from what I recall my launch angle was slightly over idea and my spin was slightly under. Around 18* and 6300 I believe.

Back