Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

I'm confused. But good deal that you are all set. Now get out and hit those puppies

There's an "S" symbol that's on the NS 950 that has something to do with quality control or something. I had a set in R flex that also had an "S" on them.

Mine are supposed to be in this week (along with my new Tour Green wood shafts and my 3 new SM5 wedges)...going to be a fun weekend.

People come to THP for the reviews on THP. While other sites have their opinions, most of the golfers here, rely on the opinions of those here. THPers were the first in the US to have these clubs a full 6 months before release and their thoughts and reviews are incredibly in depth throughout this thread.

Well that's it. Anybody want mine?

I don't get their segmenting. The 745 tested extremely well, and they lumped it in with the Apex, rsi2 and the 850 forged. However, the 545 is more comparable to those other irons.

People come to THP for the reviews on THP. While other sites have their opinions, most of the golfers here, rely on the opinions of those here. THPers were the first in the US to have these clubs a full 6 months before release and their thoughts and reviews are incredibly in depth throughout this thread.

Totally agree ... 159+ pages of experiences, etc. tells me a lot

I don't get their segmenting. The 745 tested extremely well, and they lumped it in with the Apex, rsi2 and the 850 forged. However, the 545 is more comparable to those other irons.

totally agree with you. its a weird segmentation and the 545 outperforms many of the irons in the GI list.

An employee at a local club was raving about these the other day. I really want to hit them side-by-side with the XR's.

This is the only iron thread that I'm still subscribed to other than the speedblade thread. I still have a bit of lust in my heart for these.

Played 18 before work today because we've got a bunch of rain coming our way. Plan was to take the 545 out for 9 holes, the G30 out for the other 9 (9 hole course). Started w/ the 545 and didn't end up putting anything other than 2 of the G30s in the bag for the back 9 for comparison. Really hit these well today.

When I was within the same range of the 7/9i in the G30s, I hit a shot with each. I think the 545s get you 90% of the forgiveness of something like the G30s, with the looks of a much more demanding iron. One big difference between the two was ballflight - these don't get the ball up as quickly, which is probably the only thing I've agreed with when reading the various hot list/clubtest reviews of the 545s. Distance between the two was similar, but the 545s appeared by eye to launch noticeably lower.

Anticipating wanting the AW ... has anyone purchased a custom one from seller or does everyone just get a stock one and have them tweaked locally .. esp. loft to fill the gap between z545 PW-AW?

Anticipating wanting the AW ... has anyone purchased a custom one from seller or does everyone just get a stock one and have them tweaked locally .. esp. loft to fill the gap between z545 PW-AW?
FWIW, I ordered the AW from Atomic Golf via Rakuten and I just got it stock, knowing I would switch out the shaft and change the lie. With the language barrier, I wasn't confident about any custom requests.

And here I am thinking of getting rid of my Z545 irons.

Played 18 before work today because we've got a bunch of rain coming our way. Plan was to take the 545 out for 9 holes, the G30 out for the other 9 (9 hole course). Started w/ the 545 and didn't end up putting anything other than 2 of the G30s in the bag for the back 9 for comparison. Really hit these well today.

When I was within the same range of the 7/9i in the G30s, I hit a shot with each. I think the 545s get you 90% of the forgiveness of something like the G30s, with the looks of a much more demanding iron. One big difference between the two was ballflight - these don't get the ball up as quickly, which is probably the only thing I've agreed with when reading the various hot list/clubtest reviews of the 545s. Distance between the two was similar, but the 545s appeared by eye to launch noticeably lower.

Which shafts have you got in yours? I've ns980's in mine and the ball is up quickly and high in some cases to high. That could of course be swing related with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which shafts have you got in yours? I've ns980's in mine and the ball is up quickly and high in some cases to high. That could of course be swing related with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KBS Tour 110 (R) for me. I'm a fan of the combo.

First full 18 yesterday with the Tour V 110 in these... I'm still adjusting and working on a swing change, but I'm literally a full club longer right now. Hard to get used to. Yesterday I had to adjust to hitting my 9 iron right around 160 yards. 6 iron 190. Now, again, some swing changes are taking place, I have a lighter shaft in them, and I was hitting the clubs flush, but, Lord! I hit 8 iron to a 177 pin and was 10 ft below. What in the world?! I still need to iron-out some kinks, but a full club is crazy...

First full 18 yesterday with the Tour V 110 in these... I'm still adjusting and working on a swing change, but I'm literally a full club longer right now. Hard to get used to. Yesterday I had to adjust to hitting my 9 iron right around 160 yards. 6 iron 190. Now, again, some swing changes are taking place, I have a lighter shaft in them, and I was hitting the clubs flush, but, Lord! I hit 8 iron to a 177 pin and was 10 ft below. What in the world?! I still need to iron-out some kinks, but a full club is crazy...

Looking at the rest of your bag, it would seem the Tour V in stiff wouldn't keep up with you. Do you have them hard stepped? I'm interested in reviews on the tour V in stiff and X flex and how they play in the srixon and bridgestone irons. Thanks.

Looking at the rest of your bag, it would seem the Tour V in stiff wouldn't keep up with you. Do you have them hard stepped? I'm interested in reviews on the tour V in stiff and X flex and how they play in the srixon and bridgestone irons. Thanks.

the beauty of no industry standard when it comes to shaft stiffness

Back