What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

I played the b330rx today. It's too bad I didn't hit any off the club face.

Last edited:
I continue to pay the chrome soft and am really loving it all around. feels great of the trees and plenty of spin off the irons and around the green. I'll be sticking with this ball for the foreseeable future.

They had a sale on Callaway SuperSoft balls at the course and I'm always on the lookout for a good cheap ball so I picked up a couple dozen and tried them out today. I wasn't making good enough contact to judge them with the driver, woods or long irons, but I seemed to fly a couple greens off of short irons and wedges today and they felt good off the short clubs. Wedge shots were very predictable and they felt good off the putter. For $17 a dozen, it was a no-brainer.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Finally tried out my Chrome Softs, played them in the last 2 rounds and was really impressed. Maybe I just hit the ball better, but they seemed longer than the balls I have been playing (older model Wilson Duo/FG Tour) but it was warmer than when I played a month ago so that could be the difference as well.

Feel/sound was pleasing, and it did everything I wanted. I got 14 holes out of the first one and it was holding up well before I plunked it in the water. 2nd ball I played for 11 holes and it was holding up fine until I pushed it into the toolies. Last one held up nicely for the last 11 holes and I will use it to start my next round out.

I played Thursday with Ole Gray, Miller Time & Just_Hacking at Lane Creek, I shot a 81 from the senior tees with the Bridgestone e-6, since my testing of it this year it has become my ball of choice.

My GF bought a dozen balls, got an extra sleeve - Polara Ultimate Straight, self correcting technology. A cheap 2 piece ball "to correct hooks and slices".
Well, my first drive was with a Titleist, I hit a slice, into the desert right, I found it, finished the hole, but pulled one of these balls out of the sleeve on hole #2.
It does what is says - I did not miss another fairway on the front, only missed one on the back (full disclosure - I hit two fairway bunkers on the back).
Distance - I was the short hitter on every hole from the tee. Irons - mixed - I hit a 145 yd pitching wedge, a 205 yd 5 iron, and a 130 yd 52* wedge. All of which are 20 yds longer than my norm.
Putting - yeah, it putts. Goes in the hole after two or three putts. Whatever - it felt like a golf ball.

Bottom line - it keeps itself in play. Today, that was good enough.

Last edited:
Chrome+, the ball is so predictable and I'm just comfortable with it.

Played the new Pro V1X today and came away pretty happy with it. It is definitely softer than last year's version and seems to spin more too, although the latter is a negative for me. I found myself spinning short irons and wedges back 5-10 feet on well struck shots on pretty shaggy greens. This will be a bit of an issue once our greens soften and speed up. That 5-10 will turn into 20-30 feet in summer. Thats not the ball's fault, though, but that will keep my gaming of them to when I find them or if I need a sleeve in a pinch. I did like the performance around the greens. Felt great off of the putter and wedges alike. I had one pitch that I had to fly pretty close to the pin so I needed it bounce and check and it did just that, stopping 2 feet past the pin. Very good ball. Many people will like it alot.

Pretty impressed with the Project a I tried today. Have to try the chrome soft next.

ProV1x, and I didn't exactly like it.

Felt hard compared to the SuperSoft and I managed to damage one on the first hole.

But I'm told this ball should fit my play much much better then the SuperSoft so I'm hanging in there for now.

Wilson Elite 50 for the first nine yesterday, the ball was given to me and it's hard to argue with results. Seven pars before getting too aggressive with a birdie putt on #8 and three putting there, then a pull hook on #9 for another bogie. My impression was that the ball flew higher but wasn't giving me great distance. It was staying in play, not much bite on the green, putting was just OK. Pro V1x (goto ball) on the second nine. Tomorrow, I will probably reverse the order, Pro V on front Wilson on back nine.

Played 9 holes the other day with a BStone 330RX, my first real exerience with it. Very happy with what I saw in distance and spin control. Pretty durable too considering a couple of tree shots.

Chrome Soft ... I was VERY impressed. Best cover I've played on any ball, very durable, barely scuffed(played same ball for 27 holes on Saturday). The ball feels great on shots with all clubs, especially putting. The performance 100yds and in was great. For my money, this ball is everything that Callaway hyped it up to be.

Chrome soft. Still on the fence. Luckily I have plenty to continue testing with.

Played the Chrome Soft and the Snell My Tour Ball. The Snell MTB is straighter off the tee than the chrome soft. The chrome soft is longer, feels better and is butter off the putter. This was my first round with the Chrome Soft, and it may be the best ball I have ever played. The snell ball felt like a softer straighter Pro V1 to me. Great ball for the $ and I would not have any problem with it being my gamer. 2 great balls in my opinion.

B330S although it is a bit difficult to say what was the ball and what was the new clubs and wedges but I definitely saw more check on the ball when playing approaches to the greens today. I will need a couple rounds with both to have a better idea of how the ball reacts but it was fun today to be able to attack pins a bit more than I was able to with my old clubs

Wilson Elite 50 for the first nine yesterday, the ball was given to me and it's hard to argue with results. Seven pars before getting too aggressive with a birdie putt on #8 and three putting there, then a pull hook on #9 for another bogie. My impression was that the ball flew higher but wasn't giving me great distance. It was staying in play, not much bite on the green, putting was just OK. Pro V1x (goto ball) on the second nine. Tomorrow, I will probably reverse the order, Pro V on front Wilson on back nine.

I had the same thing happen to me. I was handed an Elite 50 in orange yesterday. I played it until #18 where I lost it on the last long shot of the day (air mailed it OB behind the green).

Pros:
- Orange flake finish was incredibly easy to find, even in deep rough. It was like it just glistened in the sun.
- Pretty straight. Not much sidespin in general yesterday. When I missed, it was a push or pull.
- Price point
- Soft off the club's face

Cons:
- Not much spin around the green, but I'm also a low spin player. The greens were kind of hard, and I couldn't get it to stop.
- Didn't strike me as being as long as an E5 or E6.

I'd definitely play these again.

Found a Wilson SL9000 a few rounds ago. It was clean, nearly new so yesterday I grabbed it on a difficult hole that crosses a couple creeks. Full of confidence, I layed up short of the 2nd creek with a 6 iron, leaving 148 yards to the pin. Hit a high 8 iron that hit about 15 feet right of the pin and stuck right next to its pitch mark. Made the birdie putt a rarity on one of the harder holes on the course.

Grabbed the same ball to play #11, the #1 handicap. Its a difficult par 5, tee off over a pond, a bridge, an 2nd pond to hit over, with a 3rd pond down most of the left side of the hole and woods all down the right. The course pro was out doing a little rangering and had just pulled up to tell us about a fight he nearly had to break up. I went to box 3rd of 3 in my group and wanting to impress really crushed one down the middle-right side. Things have dried up quickly around here and it rolled out a little over 300 yards, easily my best drive of the year. I went to layup the 2nd shot with a 7 iron, caught it a little thin but went right where I wanted, leaving me 102 to the pin. I hit an A wedge to about 15 feet and went on to two putt for the par.

I told my playing partners if I had birdied the two toughest holes on the course in the same round I just might have to call it a day...

The distance wasn't surprising from a "distance" ball (though 300 yard drives are a rarity for me) its listed as an 85 compression 2 piece ball. I was surprised by the ball stopping on a dime when hit with full iron shots.

I have been playing Chrome Softs and liking them a lot but yesterday I was playing my second bag in Little Rock and I only had one in the bag. I had a bunch of 2014 e6's so I decided to play them.

Since I have been playing the CS, I've been feeling that the e6 seems a little hard/clicky/plastic-like. But I was really bombing the e6 off the tee, hit long approaches (225 2H) that held the green, chipped in for birdie from 4' off the green. Basically everything was working fine.

I'm probably getting out today and really wondering if I should pick up some more CS's to play or just stick with the e6.

Played a 2009 Titleist NXT Tour today. Generally okay, but I couldn't get this ball to spin as much as I'd like. Could the light rain have had something to do with this?

Played the taylormade project a again the other day and I really liked it. When I first played it I thought it was short on drives, but I was consistently in the fairway 30 yards ahead of my partners. And the spin around the green was great I could hit at the pin and count on it stopping, didn't spin any back on approach shots but I have a hard time with that. My shots usually just sit next to the pitch mark.

I played what I pulled out of my bag today. B330RX, Lady Precept and Pro V1. I was killing all of them today. Was long on a couple of holes with irons that I know the distances for. Either my practice is working and I'm turning into a better ballstriker, or leaving the balls in the warm car is something I need to do all the time.

Played a Cally Chrome Soft for last 3 rounds and pretty impressed with performance across the board. Probably still a Bridgestone B330 guy, but liked Cally much more than i expected

Going to try out the TM Aeroburner Soft balls tomorrow. Thinking they will compare to Callaway Supersoft and Wilson Duo.

Back