Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but at least they came back to tie, I got quite worried when they were down 2 nil! But I agree, poor officiating seems to be a trend this year in the world cup, but I've never cared for referees too much in any sport.

I wasnt too worried at halftime, the US is amazingly efficient as goal scoring when they get clicking (usually the second half anyway). I'm not one to usually complain about the refs, as I've been playing this sport since a kid, and have seen my fare share of bad refs, and make it a point to walk off the field without saying anything about it, but man, this guy was indecisive, poor decision making, poor game management, I was really afraid someone was going to get hurt.

Today, I plugged my Yardage Pro XGC into the car charger (and yes, it is the official one from Bushnell) and the GPS started to smoke. I unplugged it immediately and now, it doesn't even turn on... Now to go through the hassle of replacing it...

Here it is again.. the WEDGE SHANK

Once a year for a span of about a week or two, I get the shanks but GET THIS: only with my wedges. They are straight sideways hosel rockets. I hit all my other irons fine, but when it comes to the wedge I just straight shank. I may book an emergency lesson and now I have to start from scratch again.

Last edited:
people saying the word EPIC 50 times a day. i cant stand that word. people think they're cool if they say it.. gets on my nerves!

people saying the word EPIC 50 times a day. i cant stand that word. people think they're cool if they say it.. gets on my nerves!

dude, it's a forum, get use to it. i could say the same exact thing about your "prolly", it too gets on my nerves.

dude, it's a forum, get use to it. i could say the same exact thing about your "prolly", it too gets on my nerves.

i wasnt even talking about this forum. i didnt see anyone that used the word epic on here? so move along, wasnt talking about you or anyone else on here.

Here it is again.. the WEDGE SHANK

Once a year for a span of about a week or two, I get the shanks but GET THIS: only with my wedges. They are straight sideways hosel rockets. I hit all my other irons fine, but when it comes to the wedge I just straight shank. I may book an emergency lesson and now I have to start from scratch again.

Dude I feel your pain! I had this creep into my wedges today too. Right in the middle of my round today. Same exact sideways hosel rockets. For me Im usually setting up too close to the ball. I back away check my set up and hopefully fix it.

But I can do you one better. I cracked one off the side of my driver today. That SOB shot straight up and landed off to the side of the green we just walked off. LOL. LUckily no one was behind us. Talk about bad. A DRIVER SHANK!!

i wasnt even talking about this forum. i didnt see anyone that used the word epic on here? so move along, wasnt talking about you or anyone else on here.

you obviously don't read all the posts then, b/c epic gets used here all the time. stop trying to pretend like you weren't bitching about someone here, it's too late for that. and i'd rather you not instruct me to move along, i'm sure that will be you after you don't win a few contests or so.

you obviously don't read all the posts then, b/c epic gets used here all the time. stop trying to pretend like you weren't bitching about someone here, it's too late for that. and i'd rather you not instruct me to move along, i'm sure that will be you after you don't win a few contests or so.

what are you talking about? the thing i was saying about epic had nothing to do with this forum! what is your deal man? chill out! had nothing to do with you or anyone else here.

and what are you talking about contests for?

what are you talking about? the thing i was saying about epic had nothing to do with this forum! what is your deal man? chill out! had nothing to do with you or anyone else here.

i don't have a deal....just being observational

i don't have a deal....just being observational

you come on here saying im bitching when it didnt have anything to do with you or anyone else here. you obviously where just trying to start something for some reason and i cant figure out why? i have never even said or word to you or directed anything at all to you on this forum.

you come on here saying im bitching when it didnt have anything to do with you or anyone else here. you obviously where just trying to start something for some reason and i cant figure out why? i have never even said or word to you or directed anything at all to you on this forum.

no, you didn't direct anything at me, and i'm not picking on you for anything other than your rant. you may be right man, some people on facebook use epic all the time and it drives you crazy, however, it's been used here a lot lately, and if you haven't seen that, then you clearly don't read most of the posts (go back through the us open thread you've been posting in for the past 4 days, you'll see it plenty). so for you to complain about it here implies that it's annoying you here, is it that hard to see? perhaps in your rant you should've reference facebook. man, we're not mind readers here. you should be able to see my point, it's pretty crystal clear. i have some good friends here, so to see you ranting about the way that some of them talk, i take exception to that....

i hope you see my point. if you don't, that's fine, i really don't care.

Excuse me? Time to settle down.

no, you didn't direct anything at me, and i'm not picking on you for anything other than your rant. you may be right man, some people on facebook use epic all the time and it drives you crazy, however, it's been used here a lot lately, and if you haven't seen that, then you clearly don't read most of the posts (go back through the us open thread you've been posting in for the past 4 days, you'll see it plenty). so for you to complain about it here implies that it's annoying you here, is it that hard to see? perhaps in your rant you should've reference facebook. man, we're not mind readers here. you should be able to see my point, it's pretty crystal clear. i have some good friends here, so to see you ranting about the way that some of them talk, i take exception to that....

i hope you see my point. if you don't, that's fine, i really don't care.

i saw epic used a couple times, and thats cool i dont have a problem with just the word its when its used over and over. i mean its my own rant and opinion so didnt think it wud have caused this. but i promise it wasnt directed to anyone on here. and for the contest part. im not here just for contests, i cud care less about that, if its there its there if its not no big deal..
i just got mad when u said i was griping at people on here when i wasnt... but sorry for the misunderstanding..

and smallville i was just mad because it was my rant and my opinion and didnt want someone calling me out about it, so i said that.. but guess everyone is going to gang up on me now.. sorry for posting here just saying what my rant was and once again had nothing to do with anyone here...

Okay everybody. Lets just let it go. We got the US Open going on.

+1 JB. I was tired of watching them fight. I was about to say something.

and smallville i was just mad because it was my rant and my opinion and didnt want someone calling me out about it, so i said that.. but guess everyone is going to gang up on me now.. sorry for posting here just saying what my rant was and once again had nothing to do with anyone here...

It's all good, bridges. If you stick around you'll see that we might jump on something that's out there, but we don't hold grudges. Usually, hehehe. No worries.

Right. And a dogfight for #1. Although it looks like Tiger's going to stay on top.

epic finish to a great golf tourny!

hehehehe yes sir! :D

Dude I feel your pain! I had this creep into my wedges today too. Right in the middle of my round today. Same exact sideways hosel rockets. For me Im usually setting up too close to the ball. I back away check my set up and hopefully fix it.

But I can do you one better. I cracked one off the side of my driver today. That SOB shot straight up and landed off to the side of the green we just walked off. LOL. LUckily no one was behind us. Talk about bad. A DRIVER SHANK!!

I know what you mean Kevin. And when I'm hitting my irons I can't get the thought of shanking out of my head so I always feel like I'm gonna shank my irons too. I feel like I just had brain damage and have to re-learn the golf swing again.

The Farmville music. I hate it and love it at the same time! I can't decide whether to turn it off or keep listening!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back