What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
good stuff duey! but way too much information dude!

Shot 90 today with a water faucet for a nose, lol. Not sure if it was hayfever or what, but had to take two tissues for every shot, lol. Blow, shoot really quickly and blow again. Extremely hard to concentrate, but some what better today. We played skins and I was lucky enough to win two on the front while taking all the meds I could find. The meds kicked in and I took all nine on the back nine, haha.

Playing in a Fathers day scramble today with a young man who hits it long. I can usually get the short game done if he can get us out there, but time will tell.

good stuff duey! but way too much information dude!

Haha, sorry SH, but it was the day from hell, lol. Pretty crazy that I shot a 90, I had my buddy re-add the card, lol.

1-over 73. Felt really good. Used new set-up routine that provided more comfortability and confidence. Ball striking and driving were both on today.

Shot a 98 (cringe!). The front was a nightmare! Had to drop 7 balls and shot a 57. Had four straight drives that went native on me that we couldn't find, and they all seemed like they were gonna be fine from the box. Settled down on the back and shot a more-like-it 41.

On a semi-related note, I had to break down and order some Srixon Tour Yellows with my fathers day money this afternoon!

1-over 73. Felt really good. Used new set-up routine that provided more comfortability and confidence. Ball striking and driving were both on today.

Nice round. I'm going to be using this word as soon as I can!

I played at Bethpage Red on Saturday. Got round in a very amenable 72 (+2). Couple of three putts that I'd quite like to have back, but overall can't complain. I played really solidly. Hit a lot of good shots. All in all, I'm very pleased with the way things are going. I hit 10 fairways, 12 greens and 3 more on the fringe.

Great round, I need to know your new set-up. Congrats.

Shot a 98 (cringe!). The front was a nightmare! Had to drop 7 balls and shot a 57. Had four straight drives that went native on me that we couldn't find, and they all seemed like they were gonna be fine from the box. Settled down on the back and shot a more-like-it 41.

On a semi-related note, I had to break down and order some Srixon Tour Yellows with my fathers day money this afternoon!

At least you pulled it in on the back nine Gavin, good job. Happy Fathers Day!

I played at Bethpage Red on Saturday. Got round in a very amenable 72 (+2). Couple of three putts that I'd quite like to have back, but overall can't complain. I played really solidly. Hit a lot of good shots. All in all, I'm very pleased with the way things are going. I hit 10 fairways, 12 greens and 3 more on the fringe.

Dang, everyone's getting there, lol. Great job Ty! Heck of a round for a big course.

Nice Bort!! I see you're a fellow GHIN'er.. Do you use it through your club, or manage it online?

I enter all my scores online. When I play a round for the 9 hole mens league the course enters it, and that's been an issue. I avoid entering that round but sometimes they enter it twice it seems. Also they don't enter them for a few days and that messes with things since the rounds don't combine correctly. So I've had to have 2 fulls scores deleted so far to fix things.

Nice round. I'm going to be using this word as soon as I can!

Thanks. Usually, it is us yankees that get a kick out of the words used on your side of the pond.

Great round, I need to know your new set-up. Congrats.

Thanks, duey. I put more detail on my '2010 golf goal' thread, but the issue was with my shoulders having a tendency to open up a bit at address. What I didn't figure out, until recently, was that my prior set-up routine was making me more susceptible to slightly open shoulders at address.

So I decided to spend some time on figuring out a new set-up routine that worked. In a nutshell, I am now setting up my stance with my left hand on the grip and the right arm at my side (which helps keep my shoulders square). Other than a few waggles, putting my right hand on the club is one of the last things I do now. It has felt really good; it has felt right.

I BLEW UP with a 109 yesterday. I hit the first four fairways in regulation and then my game went into the dumper. I couldn't hit anything right, except for a couple of more drives that put me in the fairway but anything other than that and it looked like it was my first day out on the course. Oh well back to the range today to work on things and maybe get nine in to see how it goes.

Thanks, duey. I put more detail on my '2010 golf goal' thread, but the issue was with my shoulders having a tendency to open up a bit at address. What I didn't figure out, until recently, was that my prior set-up routine was making me more susceptible to slightly open shoulders at address.

So I decided to spend some time on figuring out a new set-up routine that worked. In a nutshell, I am now setting up my stance with my left hand on the grip and the right arm at my side (which helps keep my shoulders square). Other than a few waggles, putting my right hand on the club is one of the last things I do now. It has felt really good; it has felt right.

Now that you mention it, I've seen some pro's on tv doing that and it makes sense. It also stands to reason that a similar routeen would work for putting. Thanks for the tip!

I BLEW UP with a 109 yesterday. I hit the first four fairways in regulation and then my game went into the dumper. I couldn't hit anything right, except for a couple of more drives that put me in the fairway but anything other than that and it looked like it was my first day out on the course. Oh well back to the range today to work on things and maybe get nine in to see how it goes.

Sounds like what I went through off and on wulff, but get ready for some of your best golf. Seem's like it was very short lived and then I went the other way playing some of my best golf. Good luck you'll figure it out.

Shot an easy, as in I played relaxed, 47 today. My driver is starting to be good!

I played alone this afternoon and shot 81 (39, 42). Started out with 7 straight pars! I've never done that before. Had a bogey on #8. Was about to putt for par on #9 when my phone rang. I should have ignored it but I answered it. My putt was only about 8'. Went back to putt and ended up 3 putting. Dang it!!! I'm so easily distracted. Still had high hopes of shooting in the 70's but had too many bogies on the back to make it happen. I had 32 putts today with four 3 putts (1 on front and 3 on the back). I'm still struggling with distance control but feel much more confident with the line of my putt. I've never hit my woods/irons better than today! Soft and easy swings made all the difference. I guess watching those girls play on the Big Break last night made me slow my swing down....it just seemed so easy today.

nice round KB

Today I turned a potential 77 into an 83. (82 ADJ).

Shot 5 over on the front (41) which is not too great but all the strokes I left out there were short chips and failing to get up and down pars. On one par 5 I was greenside bunker in two and managed to bogey the hole. On the back 9 I was +1 after 15 and then something happened and I finished off Double, Bogey, Triple. Just soo many stupid mistakes for me today.

On the front par 5 I was talking about above, a group of old men infront of us were well clear of our drives so we hit. We saw the ball land nowhere near them. I was not going for the green in two and was just performing a simple layup infront, instead I must have gotten a hold of a 4 iron and it landed in the front greenside bunker, again nowhere near the guys (they were on the green with a back pin). As soon as they are done the hole we are waiting for them to clear, this one old man does a 210 yard march all the way up to us to start yelling at us about almost hitting them twice. (Again we were nowhere near) I simply explained I knew I wasn't going to make the green and knew I was not going to come anywhere close to them and that I apologize. He would take none of that.

Played the Red and White at Arrowhead, and well, I missed the cut. Needed 4 on the last to shoot 79 and even played it smart 6i off the tee and gap to 20 feet and proceeded to 3 jack it..... last one lipped out...oh well 80 is still my best score here by at least 7 strokes.... this course has PA's version of Amen's corner...and i managed to get through that with just one 2ble bogey (only one all day). But i can't blame that last hole... i could blame it on the 4 or 5 other puts that shoulda been birdies that died a few inches out....... well next time.

Tuesday 6/22 Gordon Lakes Pine 3200 yds
95 F at 1620 tee time - and HUMID

1 par 4 4
2 par 4 4
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 4
5 par 4 5
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 4
8 par 4 5
9 par 4 4

Score 38 (+2)

My first afternoon 9 in a month and a half, and my first golf at all in 17 days. I decided to ride because of the terrible heat/humidity. The rust was mostly on my putter, tho the greens were very slow and grainy as they were unmowed today. At the first and the third, I missed 5 footers for birdie, then two more at the fourth and the fifth for par. At the sixth I made a great pitch to a foot for par, and another great pitch at the par 5 seventh left me under 4 feet for birdie, the only thing I sank today. At the eighth I left my long approach putt a good 10 feet short and ended up with a 3 putt bogey. Finally at the ninth after a long straight drive, I hit AW to 8 feet for an easy two putt par. 38 is not too bad when you miss six putts of 5 - 10 feet; it was a pretty nice ball-striking round and pretty easy to not get down about the putting since the greens were not very smooth.

I am lucky it got to dark to finish my round.
I was well on my way to not breaking 100.

I shot 73 yesterday afternoon. 38/35. That's ok, it's playing off my handicap, which has just recently been cut. I hit some good shots and feel like my game is almost there. Didn't get frustrated at my bad shots quite as much, and tried to play patiently. I'm sure that will pay off eventually, so I'm sticking with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back