Pacific Northwest/Vancouver, BC Golfers Group

Just got this from NoBel if anyone's interested:

Dear Gordon,

Regarding the following promotion that was just sent out, we are actually going to give away 6 new fairway woods total. 2 of them tomorrow & the other 4 next Friday May 22nd!
It’s FREE Fairway Wood Friday! We’re giving away 4 new fairway woods this Friday, May 22[SUP]nd[/SUP]. Get in the drawing with every $50 you spend this Friday in the pro shop on anything from green fees to golf tees. Not valid with shop credit or gift cards. Fairway Woods are Callaway Big Berthas & X2 Hots.

I'm considering trying to sneak 9/18 there after work Friday, and maybe pick up a polo or something. Free fairway wood would be cool!

Just got this from NoBel if anyone's interested:

Dear Gordon,

Regarding the following promotion that was just sent out, we are actually going to give away 6 new fairway woods total. 2 of them tomorrow & the other 4 next Friday May 22nd!
It’s FREE Fairway Wood Friday! We’re giving away 4 new fairway woods this Friday, May 22[SUP]nd[/SUP]. Get in the drawing with every $50 you spend this Friday in the pro shop on anything from green fees to golf tees. Not valid with shop credit or gift cards. Fairway Woods are Callaway Big Berthas & X2 Hots.

I'm considering trying to sneak 9/18 there after work Friday, and maybe pick up a polo or something. Free fairway wood would be cool!

Thanks Ryan, that is a solid promo. I may want to join you then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just heard that Top Golf is finally coming to the PNW - a facility is opening in Hillsboro, which is about 5 miles west of Portland. ETA: Spring, 2016.

I just heard that Top Golf is finally coming to the PNW - a facility is opening in Hillsboro, which is about 5 miles west of Portland. ETA: Spring, 2016.
Nice!

I just learned that Loomis Trail/Semiahmoo take Canadian dollars at par.

I will be playing there a lot methinks.

That's awesome! I'd love to come down and try that out when it opens up.

Nice!

I just learned that Loomis Trail/Semiahmoo take Canadian dollars at par.

I will be playing there a lot methinks.
Let me know, I still haven't played there! That's a solid deal for you right now.

Awesome stuff, I will need to check that out for sure. Headed to the KC one its seems like a excellent experience

That is sweet. Very cool they are coming out this way!

Evening all,
I will be in the Eugene area on the afternoon of June 11th. My wife is meeting up with a friend for a few hours and I'm planning on sneaking away. Suggestions on a course? I don't suppose anyone's schedule is flexible enough for a quick 9 and a lot of laughs?
Thanks.

Hey Duffer. Unfortunately I don't know much about Eugene area courses and I can't get down there on a Thursday. I have heard many people talk about the Eugene CC, if there's any way you could get on. And I think maybe Emerald Valley, though I'm really not sure about this one (I only have a vague recollection of hearing it was a good course). If you want to connect with THPrs down that way you may want to use the interactive THP map to ID them, they aren't active in this thread ... it seems to be dominated by our good friends to the north :)

I didn't even know Eugene was a place. Near here?

No surprise. It's the home of University of Oregon so lost people probably just think of it as PhilKnightsVille :)

OK so who wants to play this weekend? I desperately need some redemption after getting thoroughly humbled by Tobiano haha

I'll be playing as per usual

I have that free foursome (greens fees covered only), I need to use. Sundays really work best for me though, which I know conflicts with your schedule, Curt. We need to make this happen soon though somehow.

I have that free foursome (greens fees covered only), I need to use. Sundays really work best for me though, which I know conflicts with your schedule, Curt. We need to make this happen soon though somehow.

No doubt, I'd love to do that. As you know I'm pretty flexible, whatever day we can make work for the four of us, I'll be there.

Curt, where would you want to play if we don't do John's free foursome? Homestead and NoBel are sounding good to me.

Curt, where would you want to play if we don't do John's free foursome? Homestead and NoBel are sounding good to me.

Both have early tee times around 7-7:30 if you're interested. Let me know - I probably can't swing coming up north this weekend, but perhaps next weekend.

Hey Duffer. Unfortunately I don't know much about Eugene area courses and I can't get down there on a Thursday. I have heard many people talk about the Eugene CC, if there's any way you could get on. And I think maybe Emerald Valley, though I'm really not sure about this one (I only have a vague recollection of hearing it was a good course). If you want to connect with THPrs down that way you may want to use the interactive THP map to ID them, they aren't active in this thread ... it seems to be dominated by our good friends to the north :)
Thank you (somewhat belated) for your response. You seem to be able to keep this thread on track, despite the best efforts of some of our Northern neighbors. :act-up:

Our arrival time in Eugene is now apparently in flux, I'm merely the chauffeur, so it works out that we can't set up a tee time.

No surprise. It's the home of University of Oregon so lost people probably just think of it as PhilKnightsVille :)

When did it become U of O? I thought it was Faber College??:alien:

(I lived in the area during the filming of Animal House.)

Haha, we stay on track in the thread...somewhat ;)

Sorry I don't know about the area down there to be of help. Hope you have a good time regardless.

Anyone up for a round of golf tomorrow during the day? I am in Vancouver, so was thinking one of the local courses.

Cheers!

Anyone up for a round of golf tomorrow during the day? I am in Vancouver, so was thinking one of the local courses.

Cheers!

I would have I have plans in the early afternoon, I am free all weekend though and looking to play 18

I would have I have plans in the early afternoon, I am free all weekend though and looking to play 18

Could do an earlier round like 8 or so? Or a twilight round.

Anyone else? I am going to play no matter what

Could do an earlier round like 8 or so? Or a twilight round.

Anyone else? I am going to play no matter what

I would like to but I work in rhe morning. Possiably a twilight

Sorry dude I work tomorrow.

Ryan, I'm good with NoBell or Homestead.

I take it sudden sunday is out then. hehehe. I'll have next week I can play, the following weekend is my birthday so not sure on that, the week after that I should be able to get out. Depending on how things shake out that may be the last chances I have to golf with you guys for quite a while.

Back