What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 36 today and shot 82 82.

Considering how well I got off the tee I'm not happy with either score to be honest. Found a lot of greenside bunkers, and a lot of balls trickled into the rough just enough to screw me over. Rough was long and sticky and really tough to get out of, let alone get close to the pin.
Iron play was iffy all day. I'm making good contact but direction seems to be a coin flip right now.

The positives? Driver and putter. Just destroying the ball on repeat and hitting it straight to boot.
Also drained a ton of 7-10 footers for birdies, pars and for bogey saves.

That's not terrible though. Just gotta get that wrench play locked down.

Where'd you play 36? That's a solid day of golf.

79 for the first time, 42 front and 37 back 9 with one eagle. ...my putting is on fire today.

Mediocre round yesterday at the gethering. 41-41-82 with no birdies and 3 doubles. Just didn't have much game. Excessive beer consumption on Friday night did my game no favors....

Mediocre round yesterday at the gethering. 41-41-82 with no birdies and 3 doubles. Just didn't have much game. Excessive beer consumption on Friday night did my game no favors....

The big question is did you get home in 2 on THE hole?

The big question is did you get home in 2 on THE hole?
Was not far enough off the tee to even think about it so took the long was around and made a routine par. Played the blues which makes it much tougher for a short hitter like me.

79 for round 1 yesterday.
A billion for round 2. I think it was actually a 42 and 47 for an 89 but it felt like a billion. However I did get to witness greatness by playing with Fupresti. He has MVP talent.

Very respectable on that course playing with a big head. Go out there today and take some birdies to the woodshed! :deadhorse:

A billion for round 2. I think it was actually a 42 and 47 for an 89 but it felt like a billion. However I did get to witness greatness by playing with Fupresti. He has MVP talent.

Happy to hear Fup found his game again; I know it wasn't where he wanted it for the King.

Fup just needed a round with THPers to get his game back...

Wait.

Nice 79 dude!

And I'd expect nothing less from Fupaaaay!

Second round out with the new clubs and I managed 87 (nett +1) in blustery conditions including 1 triple and 3 doubles

I drove the ball a lot better today with 8/16 fairways hit but the others were not bad misses, I just got unlucky with some bounces finishing behind trees and leaving me no shot. Kept the 3 putts off the card as well which was a big help so things are moving in the right direction

Only had one really bad drive that resulted in a lost ball - maybe my driver pondering has scared the current one into action...

Only played 9 this morning because the course decided to try to squeeze a tournament group on a Sunday morning. (Brilliant)

Shot an even par 36. One bogey, one birdie. Made one putt over five feet the entire round. (The birdie was a two-putt on a par 5 I reached in two.)

I played without warming up, and I basically just thought about taking an 80% swing the entire time. That thought worked well. I hit some really nice shots from the tee and into the green.

Wish I could have played the back to see where things ended up today. But I don't think a three hour back nine would have been productive.

42/47-89, two bogeys, one birdie, one double, one triple on the front, nothing real special or crazy bad on the back except a triple on a Par 3

42/39 for 81. Will ESC to 80. Amazing driving day, horrible iron play, including two shanks. One of those shanks lead to a triple.

14/14 fwys, 6 GIR, 30 putts (NO 3-putts!), no penalties.

1 birdie, 9 pars, 7 bogeys, 1 triple

Played in a two person scramble today (with my bowling buddies' daughter--who is kind of cute and plays to a legit single-digit number--even moreso from the ladies tees). 6 birdies and 12 pars for a -6 66. I drove the ball well early, but even when I did, she was WAY passed me in the fairway with the red tee help. I rolled the putter like a BOSS though.

All the cheating nonsense calculated in, we weren't even close to cashing, but oh well. It was FUN.

Played with my club this morning, 44/40 84. The 44 was so much better than that though, I got all rushed on the first hole and just screwed the bed with a double bogey then on the 4th hole I 4 putted a par 5 from 15 feet away. So agrivating.

38 / 37 = 75 on a par 70 layout in league. Tied for 2nd, got a greenie and won a $15 Nassau side bet. Pretty good day!

JM

Played 18 today in some strong winds. Shot 45/45-90 35 putts. Figured some things out today which helped but with greens real slow I loss a lot of putts I should have made. Owell so not to mad with this score since it was windy.

Shot 85 today and won my foursome. Hit some good balls. Feeling formidable at the bar. Probably a bad mix.

Last edited:
Bad hip is getting better shot 85 with 5 doubles putted well

38-40, for a 78!! Felt so so good to finally the hit the ball really well. Did not make a birdie putt, but I burned some serious edges. Best ball striking I've ever had. Driver was spot on as well.

Left the course feeling extremely good.

Pretty ugly 97 today. Some God awful holes

Beautiful day in Boulder City, NV...shot 43/42=85. One birdie...:joy:

Shot dual 85s at Sweetbriar yesterday. Had at least 5 putts lip out over the course of the day too. I had a good day off the tee overall, really good with the 2 iron and not terrible with the driver. I found a trouble distance I need to work out a solution for, the 90-110 range. Not hitting my 54° consistently enough there and don't have a backup shot yet there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back