Review - Rocky River, Concord NC

pumbaa

Need more golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Here is my review of Rocky River Country Club in Concord NC.

The staff are great, the facilities are okay nothing amazing, the food is solid, and the clubhouse is well stocked and does lessons and fittings.

The range hitting area needed to be moved it was pretty tore up but the facility itself is nice has grass and mats. The food and the cart girls were good and never had us waiting more than 3-4 holes without one riding by. The clubhouse was nice, smaller, but they had rental clubs, lessons, 3-4 brands, and any essentials you needed. The guy running the clubhouse was very nice.
We had a 4some go off this afternoon and the starter was really nice. Let us know which holes were cart path only, which were 90*, and which were fine. He mention the fairway had taken a beating from the hot weather and no rain in the last 3 weeks. Wow he was not lieing at all. The fairways in some places were so bad they were marked as area under repair. Most fairways were burned out and on about 4 or 5 holes the fairways were mostly sand.
The slope of the course from the Green tees we played was a 133 and it is a pretty tough course with greens that are hard and FAST! Not much water maybe 2 holes I think 8 and 17 maybe, but bunkers everywhere, and OB all over. The nature preserve surrounding the course was nice and ther were squirells, voltures, and even almost ran over a 6+ foot black snake. I would love another shot at this course with the fairways in great condition, my father in law played it last June when he was in town and said when he went ther fairways were like perfect carpet. So everyhing overall was very nice, just wish the fairways were better, but with our weather lately it is hard to fault them.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Did you take any pictures?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Did you take any pictures?
I did not, we tried but since they were slow hey let a couple of singles off behind us and we were keeping pace. The round was actually quick at about 3:45 for 18. Also we had 2 newbies from work so a coworker and I were constantly looking for balls and showing them what to do. I wish I would have though.

Back