Ping G30 LS Tec Driver - Review Thread

Appreciate the reply.

Best on-course results I've seen have seen have been with the Titleist 915 D2 at 9.5 degrees with a Rogue Black 60 stiff flex so I'm hoping I can eek out a few more yards with this combo.

I'm not a super high spin player (based on previous fittings) but looking back on my original question, I know it's hard for other people to determine what works for somebody else. I was just curious as to how many sub 150'ers were getting along with this combo but it seems like there aren't too many using this G30 version to chime-in.

We'll know soon enough if I hit dying quails as my G30 LS/Tour AD DI combo arrives tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts!! You'll be a great addition to the feedback in this thread.

A couple of thoughts in reading recent posts...

I love the shaft in this club. I'm playing the stock stiff shaft, and I feel it balances the light weight of the club perfectly.

After a couple of sessions with my teacher, I'm back to my old tee height. No longer teeing it low...back to the 3" tee at the range.

Looking to hit one of these again this weekend, can't get my mind off the BS numbers I was seeing.

Is anyone gaming this driver that has ball speeds less than 150mph?

I just purchased a G30 10.5 degree combo with a Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 Black shaft to test out but after reading this thread it seems like the only people playing this version are bigger hitters than me. I'm now worried that the spin may be too low for my meager swing speed.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

I'm low-mid 90s SS most of the time so I don't see 150 ball speed that often.

But I am higher spin, and when getting fit for the original G30 at Ping the fitter liked the numbers he was seeing except for the spin rate.

Hope this doesn't sound silly...but have you tried washing the driver head?
Yeah... I have tried washing the head, but I haven't really tried any soaps. I don't want to use anything that could be too abrasive and cause more imperfections.

Yeah... I have tried washing the head, but I haven't really tried any soaps. I don't want to use anything that could be too abrasive and cause more imperfections.

Golf courses use some innnnteresting chemicals sometimes!!

Have you tried reaching out to Ping about it?

Another day, a different monitor. Went to PGA superstore where they have the about golf Sim. Marked up balls, but I think they were like range rocks. Still got good launch (about 14 degree) out of the stock 10.5, but more manageable spin in the upper 2000s. Bad swings got it up into the 3000s.

Had a good day on the course today with the G30 LS Tec. Played 9 holes and beat my PR by 8 strokes. Misses were playable, which made all the difference. Averaged between 240 and 260 per drive.

Had a good day on the course today with the G30 LS Tec. Played 9 holes and beat my PR by 8 strokes. Misses were playable, which made all the difference. Averaged between 240 and 260 per drive.

What are you seeing in terms of flight, misses, sound, feedback, expectations, etc?

Thoughts on the shaft?
Turbulators?

I'm swinging more "up" on the ball, so I was launching it pretty high. Not ballooning, but high for sure.

I don't notice the sound anymore. I noted in my first post that the sound was load. Not noticeable anymore, just as others have found.

My misses are to the right, just like my misses with the AMP Cell Pro.

I like the tubulators. They do not bother me...rather, I find them helpful with alignment.

Per one of my last posts, the shaft is great. The head feels light to me, but the shaft balances everything out for me during the swing.

Expectations - were high given the Ping reputation. I will not be going back to my AMP Cell Pro.

PS - I know that beating my PR by 8 strokes seems high. Keep in mind that I shot a 45.

I'll be curious on your feedback on the sound. I know the regular G30 was a little clangy, I'm wondering if this is similar or somehow a touch better?

Hit the ls tec today on the range vs. the regular G30, and the sound is a bit more muted with the lstec. The G30 sounds like I'm hitting rocks with an aluminum baseball bat.

Hit the ls tec today on the range vs. the regular G30, and the sound is a bit more muted with the lstec. The G30 sounds like I'm hitting rocks with an aluminum baseball bat.
The guy I was playing with today had the G30, and I would concur. My LS Tec is more muted for sure.

The guy I was playing with today had the G30, and I would concur. My LS Tec is more muted for sure.

It's true, but if I got better performance from the regular G30 I would forget about the sound quickly.

I can hook this club just like the rest of them!

Sound doesn't affect me anymore, but it really is a turnoff for some. This weekend I offered up the driver, and was flat out told that the sound was keeping someone from swinging it.

Kept seeing high balls, playing partners even remarked at how high I hit it. I was getting out to 260 most of the day, with little wind.

Misses were ok distance wise, but leaked a bit too much to the right. Mostly still playable, just not my preference in ball flight.

Really enjoyed swinging this one in MSP, easily in the top 3 of the drivers I got to hit..... until I realized I shouldn't be able to hit it consistently (and then hit 2 terrible drives in a row.

Love the look of it, the matte black looks amazing.

I think I hit one good ball with it. My misses hurt me pretty bad. Shaft was pretty stout feeling to me.

I can hook this club just like the rest of them!

Sound doesn't affect me anymore, but it really is a turnoff for some. This weekend I offered up the driver, and was flat out told that the sound was keeping someone from swinging it.

Kept seeing high balls, playing partners even remarked at how high I hit it. I was getting out to 260 most of the day, with little wind.

Misses were ok distance wise, but leaked a bit too much to the right. Mostly still playable, just not my preference in ball flight.
Ditto on the high flight. I hit one drive that I thought was a moon ball...still got 250 out of it.

As I said, the sound is a non-issue for me. Kinda feels like I am announcing my presence with authority. Would be nice if my swing allowed for a result that justified the sound!

Thanks to THP and Hox30 this will be added to my bag. Can wait to get more time with it out on the range and course!

Thanks to THP and Hox30 this will be added to my bag. Can wait to get more time with it out on the range and course!
It was a fun one the front nine of the first round for sure!

So I put up my 9* and 10.5* drivers head to head. Overall I was seeing much better drives with the 10.5* on average. The higher loft really helps keep the drives straight. I noticed lowering the loft really brought my fade in to play. The 9* will be hitting the market soon so I will keep the 10.5* in the bag. I also grabbed an I25 10.5* with stock stiff shaft and hit a few with it. I see better average drives with the G30LS by about 5 yards or so, but when hit on the screws the I25 was about 10-15 yards longer. I have to say that I like the head shape a bit better on the I25. May pick up an I25 to see how it performs on course compared to the G30LS 10.5*

Shafts used in the G30LS testing were Stock TFC419 X (45.75"), Speeder 757 Tour Spec X (45"), and Tour AD MD 8tx (45.75")

I'm going to be playing this driver in Florida Friday. I'm interested to see how it performs in the land of no roll. I'll probably keep it set at 11.5 to maximize launch and carry.

I'm going to be playing this driver in Florida Friday. I'm interested to see how it performs in the land of no roll. I'll probably keep it set at 11.5 to maximize launch and carry.
I'll be dialing it up from my usual 10.5 this week and weekend. Will report back with the results for both the +0.6 and +1.0 settings.

Back