The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were 15 foursome teams made up of 2 twosomes. This specific group shot 49 & 56 for a team total of 105. 21 shots clear of two teams tied for 2nd place at 126. Rest of the teams were between 130-144 total. Just ridiculous especially since I saw them miss some par putts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i always say scrambles are won with pencils. I don't really play them anymore but whenever I do I accept the fact that we won't get close to "winning" and just enjoy the day out on a great course.

i always say scrambles are won with pencils. I don't really play them anymore but whenever I do I accept the fact that we won't get close to "winning" and just enjoy the day out on a great course.

I'll play in them just for experience with pressure attached.

I'll play in them just for experience with pressure attached.
I remember playing in a scramble with my dad who is like a 25 handicap and we played amazing. The 2 man scramble was handicapped and we shot 68 but I can't remember what our net was. I do remember not being in the top 10.

Im at the course an hour before my tee time to warm up but they are closed...

There were 15 foursome teams made up of 2 twosomes. This specific group shot 49 & 56 for a team total of 105. 21 shots clear of two teams tied for 2nd place at 126. Rest of the teams were between 130-144 total. Just ridiculous especially since I saw them miss some par putts.

There's a course by me that does 27 hole scrambles all the time in the spring and late fall. It's nice because they pay out the 1st, 4th, 8th, 12th teams and the payouts aren't much different in either of those spots. Very rarely an accusation of cheating and everyone has a good time. They also come around doing scorecard checks especially if a team gets hot. Then they stick around and watch. The all you can eat steak cookout helps too.

More rain today. At this rate I'll play golf sometime in June by the time it dries out.

More rain today. At this rate I'll play golf sometime in June by the time it dries out.

Never ending man. I saw this morning that after the next 2 days we will likely equal the 2014 rain totals through mid May. Crazy (but desperately needed).

I've been lucky with enough good weather to get a round in last few weekends.

It's unreal up here too. Rain never seems to want to leave

It suckS because just when I think I have a pocket to get out and at least chip and putt, the afternoon downpour starts.

Well, my MLB pitching career is over. My right labrum is officially torn in the MRI.

Going to MRI the left one now to see if I'll ever play golf again without surgery.

At least I didn't die of cancer at 51 like my friend over the weekend, so at least there's that. Could always be worse.

Well, my MLB pitching career is over. My right labrum is officially torn in the MRI.

Going to MRI the left one now to see if I'll ever play golf again without surgery.

At least I didn't die of cancer at 51 like my friend over the weekend, so at least there's that. Could always be worse.

Wow, a double whammy. Sorry to hear.

Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel better, I tore my labrum and had some slight rotator cuff damage to my left shoulder along with an inflamed bicep tendon. I knew it was bad when the doctor said it was impressive for my age and was calling other doctors in right before surgery to check it out. I had the surgery after playing in pain for months and 9 days later I was swinging a golf club again and a year and a half later it feels unbelievable. No pain at all.

I misplaced my lockbox key showing houses today. Went back to the last four houses from when I knew I had it and nothing. Went to my board to get a new one... 266 bucks. Are you kidding me?!

Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel better, I tore my labrum and had some slight rotator cuff damage to my left shoulder along with an inflamed bicep tendon. I knew it was bad when the doctor said it was impressive for my age and was calling other doctors in right before surgery to check it out. I had the surgery after playing in pain for months and 9 days later I was swinging a golf club again and a year and a half later it feels unbelievable. No pain at all.

That's cool. Unfortunately given my current grad school situation and my wife having an injured knee there'd be no way I could have any surgery for a year from now.

Nine days post-op swinging a club is awesome.

I misplaced my lockbox key showing houses today. Went back to the last four houses from when I knew I had it and nothing. Went to my board to get a new one... 266 bucks. Are you kidding me?!

Ouch. Don't like the ekey? Do you still need the fob with the Iphone?

Ouch. Don't like the ekey? Do you still need the fob with the Iphone?

I wasn't a fan when it first came out, now they are releasing a new lockboxes that no longer require the additional fob. You of course, still need the fob for the ones that aren't fancy enough. Ekey does some fun stuff, I'll give it that. I'm more pissed though that I lost my key. 9 years and never had that happen.

That's cool. Unfortunately given my current grad school situation and my wife having an injured knee there'd be no way I could have any surgery for a year from now.

Nine days post-op swinging a club is awesome.

I wasn't supposed to be swinging a club but the x2 hot hybrids came out and I wanted to try them. I was able to play through the tear for about a year before the pain became unbearable during a round where I was afraid to swing. Just avoid bunkers, that was the tipping point for me. I don't ever want to make the sound I made when I finally hurt it bad enough again.

Came home from Minneapolis to storms, freezing temps, and snow. Trip to Winnipeg this morning passed 7 semi trucks in the ditch and drifts in the ditches and side roads.

Get to Golftown to try and grab a heavenwood.... $269 bucks???? What? Even worse there is a 2deep in the bargain bin and it is all scratched up and they still want $209 for it.

I am at a breaking point with my job. The hours and the grind are really really starting to effect my personal life, relationship and everything. I am NEVER in a good mood. The workload is just silly and the hours (which I do not get paid for, being salary) are just never ending.

I have got to find something else before things get worse.

I am at a breaking point with my job. The hours and the grind are really really starting to effect my personal life, relationship and everything. I am NEVER in a good mood. The workload is just silly and the hours (which I do not get paid for, being salary) are just never ending.

well you know who to call if you ever need to get away on the course...

No point in doing something you don't like for no money.

It's friggin pouring rain here in Vegas

It's lovely here in Tampa

Rain this week. Each afternoon we will get a small shower I believe. Also unseasonably warm compared to the last few years. We will be high 80s and even reach low 90s this week. Nice breeze each day however. Especially as you get into Clearwater.

Rain this week. Each afternoon we will get a small shower I believe. Also unseasonably warm compared to the last few years. We will be high 80s and even reach low 90s this week. Nice breeze each day however. Especially as you get into Clearwater.

90s are fine when I'm not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back