How long does your glove last?

I'm still using gloves I bought last year. I've hit probably 1000 balls at the range with them this year. Maybe a month in the summer.

I go through 2 gloves per year unless I lose them, which I am known for doing.

About 4 months (approx. 40 rounds) with a FJ WeatherSof

I have played golf a couple times with a glove a long time ago, played like crap and dang near pulled every shot. I haven't used a glove since, That was about 15 years ago.

I have played golf a couple times with a glove a long time ago, played like crap and dang near pulled every shot. I haven't used a glove since, That was about 15 years ago.

How does a glove make you pull shots?

About a month & a half to 2 months, I know it's a grip issue because I wear out the left thumb constantly, thus I try to keep 2 new in the bag.

I switch out gloves constantly. And some rounds, I don't even wear one. I probably have 10 gloves (from FJ, to Titleist, to Bionic, to Srixon--and most recently, Callaway) in my bag that are all fully functionable.

I usually toss them when they harden up. And I think I read somewhere that you should keep the cardboard box they come in, and throw them back in there in between rounds, so that's what I do.

In the summer months here in Louisiana, I have to have at least four gloves in rotation each round... The heat/humidity cause me to sweat like crazy, so after around 3 holes, each glove is soaked. That means I go through about 10 gloves each summer. They aren't worn out with holes in them, just dried out from all of the sweat. I buy a bulk order of 12 gloves each year, minimum.

Back when I played more (3-4 times a month) I would get three gloves at the start of the year and they would last through the year easily. I use the premium style glove like the FJ Sta Soft and they would never wear out. I'd rotate each hole to keep them from getting sweaty and never used them around the green. When I'd get new gloves I'd use the old ones on the range. Big key for me it keeping them a long time. They get worn down pretty quick if you use them for practice.

12 seasons and counting . I wear a glove maybe twice a year..

Usually when super cold or super hot . On the range of during play

best tip i received re: glove care was to get a bread bag (like what a loaf of bread comes in) and, after use, just toss it in there, roll it up and stuff it in your golf bag. No need to 'seal' it...It has really helped the leather not get crusty, stay supple, etc.

Used to be not long now they last quite a while. Barely a scuff after a round. After sweaty rounds they will get a rinse to prevent salt and stuff from building up. Usually they get slick and they are done.

I'm on my third season with Nike Tech Xtreme and I'm just about to switch to a fresh pair. I usually wear one for the front nine and switch to the other on the back nine. I get about 20 rounds before I feel I need to change them. So....10 rounds per glove including practice. I've never actually worn one out. I figure they'd last a lot longer, but it's nice to switch to fresh ones every season!

Another vote for the FJ Weathersof glove here. I get a lot of wear out of them, and it tends to be when they start feeling a little bit 'tired' that they get replaced - probably every 6 months or so? Having said that, I keep meaning to replace more often, the feel of a brand new glove going on is lovely!

I'm not hard on gloves. They last me months and months. Usually get dry and stiff before I do anything to damage them.

The Tampa humidity takes its toll on most oft gloves. I get maybe 2 months out of one glove before its retired. Starts to look like I have been gardening in it

I tend to get a full season worth of use out of a glove. IMO, if youre having problems with wearing out gloves, it really has more to do with how you are gripping the club than anything else.

Before using mid size grips I would wear out gloves after 2-3 rounds. My current glove I've used for 5 rounds and about 9 range sessions... No rips and wear marks thus far but I do have a new one ready to go (bionic glove)

Tap it in.....

2 gloves per year

if i only played with a glove, i might be able to get away with one per year. but it's practice that kills my gloves, especially in the summer with all the sweating. during play, the glove goes on for a practice swing, then the shot, then it comes off. but for a session at the range, it will stay on for an hour or two.

Mine when I gamed a glove lasted 2 months and I only hit the course once a month at most. And 1-2 range seasions a week. My strong grip has much to do with this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine last till they get stretched out and super dirty, maybe a full season. I have gathered that this is abnormal. I played a Titleist glove for 2 full seasons and one of my buddies brought me a new one, he said mine "looked like hell". ha I actually recently started playing without a glove and don't really notice a difference.

It just depends. If I like one, sometimes I will keep it long past when I should have thrown it away. I will even run them through the washer sometimes. Usually 30 rounds, though.

I use Srixon and Callaway gloves. what i do is for game play, I have 3 gloves that I change out every 6 holes and out them back into the plastic and packaging. If it's super hot i strap them cart and rotate the 3 every hole. Those are my "game time" gloves that i return to the actual pack. They then get demoted to practice gloves after about 2-3 months and put them in a plastic gallon bag and they another 2-3 months there.

No I'm not OCD lol, I just like being systematic with it lol

I use Footjoy StaSof's - usually go through 2 gloves a year. This year though, I picked up two Footjoy PureTouch Limited gloves, and they are the softest feeling gloves I've ever used. I only have about 6 rounds on the one glove, but so far it still looks almost brand new.

Back