Just when you start thinking life doesn't suck that much...

chicks are evil man...

Nah, you just have to find the right one. I'm sure he's hurting, but our friend China may be better off shed of his. After I finished my seven years of college, back in the mid 80's, I was a bit of a maniac. Okay, I was a full blown maniac. Ran into the older brother of a good friend of mine at a bar. He was with his boss, I guy I knew a little bit. I was running a restaurant owned by my two brothers-in-law. It was dead end. The guy offered me a job, it turned out well, and I ended up marrying his little sister. We're still married and now own the company.

Sometimes you just get lucky.

Keep your head up and your eyes open, China. You seem like a cool dude. Good things will come your way.

Kevin

haha...you guys are great. its so weird to feel like I know people I have never met. well I think I definitely will have to make the fall outing now. Hopefully I will get a new job asap so I can finance the trip...I know time is running out and now I really want to get there so I can meet all of you. Thanks again everyone for the support and kind words. It really does mean a lot...

My thoughts will be with you as well China. I am sure you will get through this and bunce back even stronger. Take some time to just refocus your energies on the job hunt and spend time with your hobbies/families ect. Time will heal these wounds too.

Stay patient. Stay smart. Stay true to yourself.

SeeMoreGuy

yeah man...Im concentrating on family and friends...the ones that are there for me no matter what. I gotta say though...this sleeping on the sofa with no a/c down here is BU******

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks dent. yeah it was quite the bombshell for me too! well at least I will have more time to go golfing...

What???? Ugh. Im pissed along with you. Sorry bro. Prayin for ya my friend.
yeah man...Im concentrating on family and friends...the ones that are there for me no matter what. I gotta say though...this sleeping on the sofa with no a/c down here is BULLS*!T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah its not cool...funny thing is her dog sleeps on the floor next to me all night and when I wake up he is still there instead of on the bed with her...

Dang China. I'm sorry to hear of your rough patch in life. I was in a similar situation as soon as I graduated college a few years back. It all happened for the best for me and I hope fate treats you the same.

China,
Just saw this damn that is cold to say the least on both accounts but stay strong, you may have a legal recourse on this. I am by no means an Attorney however one does live in my house, I asked him about your issue here and he said that while he doesn't have all the facts it sounds very much like "Breach of Contract" as you relied on his offer of employment and severed your old employment due to this. Now he practices in Michigan and each state is different but you just might want to consult a lawyer there in PA for advise. Best of luck China I pray things work out for you. As far as the stripper thing however...mmmmmm I tried that while I was still playing and it sure didn't work out for me, just a word to the wise LOL.

yeah someone else told me the same thing. I am looking into it. worse case scenario I should be able to collect while I'm job hunting...the guy won't even return my calls!

yeah someone else told me the same thing. I am looking into it. worse case scenario I should be able to collect while I'm job hunting...the guy won't even return my calls!

You may be legally right but the cost to collect may also outweigh what you win. Two things to consider, first does is his company in a financial position to pay, second you are in a very specialized job where your reputation is important, bringing suit against a company may not be the best. You have to weigh the pros and cons.

Let an Attorney make the call, this shouldn't cost that much. They from what I understand they would more then likely be responsible for headhunter cost for you to find a new position, possible lost wages but that would be a long shot and restitution to cover your legal bills could come into play here as well. He's not returning your calls more then likely he knows he's really screwed up and hopes you just go away. If the company doesn't have enough money to cover it well then maybe they should be out of business themselves nothing personal just business. You probably are far better off not going to this POS company that pulls this type of garbage. Many people jump on Lawyers for going to court over trivial things but this is not trivial it's your lively hood and you accepted their offer did the right thing by turning in notice to your old company and then they pull this. For all you know they hired someone else, family friend, bosses long lost buddies cousin etc. Lawyers are not a bad thing in this circumstance this is were they do come in handy. Don't wait long get to someone quick and get it moving it should help you get back to work quickly. As far as the GF well that's going to hurt for awhile. I'm sure but you'll bounce back and move on but it will take time that just plain sucks!

Let an Attorney make the call, this shouldn't cost that much. They from what I understand they would more then likely be responsible for headhunter cost for you to find a new position, possible lost wages but that would be a long shot and restitution to cover your legal bills could come into play here as well. He's not returning your calls more then likely he knows he's really screwed up and hopes you just go away. If the company doesn't have enough money to cover it well then maybe they should be out of business themselves nothing personal just business. You probably are far better off not going to this POS company that pulls this type of garbage. Many people jump on Lawyers for going to court over trivial things but this is not trivial it's your lively hood and you accepted their offer did the right thing by turning in notice to your old company and then they pull this. For all you know they hired someone else, family friend, bosses long lost buddies cousin etc. Lawyers are not a bad thing in this circumstance this is were they do come in handy. Don't wait long get to someone quick and get it moving it should help you get back to work quickly. As far as the GF well that's going to hurt for awhile. I'm sure but you'll bounce back and move on but it will take time that just plain sucks!

Headhunters do not cost individuals payment. That cost goes to the company doing the hiring. Some small job search companies do charge individuals, but paying to get a job based on your own skills is highly looked down upon in the job industry. most of those companies were scams and dried up.

I feel bad for CCR, I really do, but there are other factors in hiring that need to be considered before looking to sue. My advice to CCR, is to move on and try your best to put it past you. It sucks, it really does, but focus on new employment and changes and move past the rest.

1. While the job was offered, most offers have a contingency clause while they "check things out".
2. Do you have a contract? It sounds like no, in that case a verbal contract is going to be a he said this kind of thing. It would lead to very hard "proving ground" despite the txt message that could be in a different context.
3. Many would argue that "why not just go back to the existing company". Surely after all these years, they perhaps did not find a replacement in a short time. However they could also say "he left once what about the next offer".
4. Is it a right to work state. Not a huge factor in this case, but still a factor if a company has the right to terminate employment at any time.

I really feel bad for CCR, but many factors play a role in this and they are very complex to get money out of something via lawyers in these situations without written contracts.

Hey China, sorry to hear the news...I am not going to give you the its happened to me before bit, all I wanna say is...the next career (not job) will be better and the next woman will not have the flaws you hated about the last!

I feel bad for CCR, I really do, but there are other factors in hiring that need to be considered before looking to sue. My advice to CCR, is to move on and try your best to put it past you. It sucks, it really does, but focus on new employment and changes and move past the rest.

1. While the job was offered, most offers have a contingency clause while they "check things out".
2. Do you have a contract? It sounds like no, in that case a verbal contract is going to be a he said this kind of thing. It would lead to very hard "proving ground" despite the txt message that could be in a different context.
3. Many would argue that "why not just go back to the existing company". Surely after all these years, they perhaps did not find a replacement in a short time. However they could also say "he left once what about the next offer".
4. Is it a right to work state. Not a huge factor in this case, but still a factor if a company has the right to terminate employment at any time.

I really feel bad for CCR, but many factors play a role in this and they are very complex to get money out of something via lawyers in these situations without written contracts.

I was thinking about telling him to contact you with your background but it may not come down to suing. I call from an Attorney maybe just enough to get them to do something. I have a buddy who had a very similar type of case. Once his Lawyer spoke with them they agreed to one pay for classes on proper resume writing classes and interview tips as well as agreeing to pick up half of the Headhunters fee for the hiring company. Which made him a little more marketable and this was all done without even once going to court. Hey it couldn't hurt. My understanding that there are verbal contracts and the text is proof of an agreement if nothing else but then again there could very well be more to the story. But with as tight as the job market is right now hey why not pull out all the stops. However at the same time I know from your background JB you've have more experience then I do i this arena, however as a VP at the company I work at I for one never offer a job without already doing the background work and would take great exception with a manager of mine doing anything but. A good company would not pull this type of BS you are dealing with peoples lives not good business at all.When I have to let someone go I feel some what responsible as if had I done my proper front end work I would have not made a mistake. I would never make an offer of employment only to withdraw it before the person even started work for me. As I put in the other post sounds like a POS company.

Last edited:
I"m sorry to hear that :( When it rains, it pours...unfortunately!

*hugs*

I'm not looking to sue anyone. I appreciate all of the advice but I am just going to move forward and not waste valuable time and energy on the company in question. I have other employment leads so I will focus on those opportunities. yes they screwed me over. But It is not worth making a big deal. I have other things to worry about. Like breaking 100...

EDDDD Zackly.... Good attitude man, plus the dog is on your side. Animals know good people ma fren. Still keepin ya in my prayers dude. You're close to breaking 100. Any day now.....
I'm not looking to sue anyone. I appreciate all of the advice but I am just going to move forward and not waste valuable time and energy on the company in question. I have other employment leads so I will focus on those opportunities. yes they screwed me over. But It is not worth making a big deal. I have other things to worry about. Like breaking 100...

EDDDD Zackly.... Good attitude man, plus the dog is on your side. Animals know good people ma fren. Still keepin ya in my prayers dude. You're close to breaking 100. Any day now.....

and that is why you're my boy...I am soooo gonna wreck your couch

way to focus china! :alien2:

I'm so close! the strippers...well that is a project in the works...

be careful...I just might be ringing your doorbell in a few hours....

Back