Drills to help with flat swing

Your taking the club very mucch to the inside and this is resulting in a laid off club at the top of the back swing. I'd like to see that club head move straight back from the ball and u to the top.

You also should pay close attention to your left wrist. It is some what collapsed at the top of the swing and aiding in the laid off club head. Remember the thumbs of both hands should pointed to the sky at around the right hip. If they are, the rest should be a solid position at the top.

I built a gadget that attachs a laser pointer to the butt end of the club. It is very effective, it shows the plane and path, and cured my flat swing. I recall seeing the same idea available commercially too, but I have no idea where it was.

I built a gadget that attachs a laser pointer to the butt end of the club. It is very effective, it shows the plane and path, and cured my flat swing. I recall seeing the same idea available commercially too, but I have no idea where it was.

Great idea! Do you just check to make sure the butt end is pointing at the ball? how do you trace the path correctly?

When you take a swing, you'll see the laser drawing a line on the floor (need to be inside for the point to be bright enough). That line points the direction of your swing.

I've used one these that actually fits snuggly on the butt end of the grip.

Back