PING G30 SF Tec Driver - THP Review Thread

What I find weird is I was hitting this really low at the demo day and a lot of people here are saying its high launch. I was hitting my Bertha at 11.5 and I had to hit this thing at 13 degrees to get good results? With that said, once it was set at 12 or 13 it was MONEY.

What I find weird is I was hitting this really low at the demo day and a lot of people here are saying its high launch. I was hitting my Bertha at 11.5 and I had to hit this thing at 13 degrees to get good results? With that said, once it was set at 12 or 13 it was MONEY.
I have found that tee height and where you impact the face is really important. I was teeing it too high and had a swing flaw going that resulted in a lot of bottom groove strikes. Trajectory was lower and I was losing about 10 - 15 yards of distance. After lowering the tee I have started hitting it higher on the face; it has made a big difference for me, both in terms of distance and trajectory.

Got out to the local golf shop demo day from all the manufacturer's and got fitted with Ping on this Driver. Was seeing tighter shot dispersion and best ball flight with the Ping G30 SF TEC Tour 65 Rflex. After having the G25 this year haven't seen the best results and more and more slice shots. Figured, lets get fitted by the ping rep and really see what I should have in my hand's. Can't wait to get this guy in and join in on the conversation here. From reading the pages seems like what I got was it's a great driver. Might not make you hit perfect shots but will help. Also a lot of length comments in here that the shaft is to long. I play at 44 to 44.5 so I'll probably just choke down with it.

But great write up to JMAN!!!!

Got out to the local golf shop demo day from all the manufacturer's and got fitted with Ping on this Driver. Was seeing tighter shot dispersion and best ball flight with the Ping G30 SF TEC Tour 65 Rflex. After having the G25 this year haven't seen the best results and more and more slice shots. Figured, lets get fitted by the ping rep and really see what I should have in my hand's. Can't wait to get this guy in and join in on the conversation here. From reading the pages seems like what I got was it's a great driver. Might not make you hit perfect shots but will help. Also a lot of length comments in here that the shaft is to long. I play at 44 to 44.5 so I'll probably just choke down with it.

But great write up to JMAN!!!!
Nice Andrew. Can't wait to hear your feedback on it.

Yea buddy, can't wait to get it and show you how it's done in KC...
I purposely didn't ask you if I can try it in KC. As I don't need to be making any runs to the KC golf shops waving cash in hand...HA

I purposely didn't ask you if I can try it in KC. As I don't need to be making any runs to the KC golf shops waving cash in hand...HA
Haha you never know man. I am hoping this guy will really help me. I've never really found a driver that I can trust for a whole year. But if its got forgiveness and distance than I want it.

I have had mine now for about 3-4 weeks. I really really like it lol
When I make a center face shot and have all things together in my swing, I am in WOW mode. Glad I went Ping

I have had mine now for about 3-4 weeks. I really really like it lol
When I make a center face shot and have all things together in my swing, I am in WOW mode. Glad I went Ping
What kind of improvements have you made with the new driver compared to your existing one.

Gained 10-20 yrds or so and straighter (when I do it right lol ). It just feels really good to me.
I am purty excited about it.

Gained 10-20 yrds or so and straighter (when I do it right lol ). It just feels really good to me.
That's awesome. I am hoping to see similar results as I think I'm losing yards with the g25 now.

+1 on distance gains. Accuracy gains have been even more impressive. Long and straight... what more could you want?

+1 on distance gains. Accuracy gains have been even more impressive. Long and straight... what more could you want?
Man I want this driver now!!!! Hopefully they ordered it Friday night and I'll get it this week. I can use all of that note.

Played today at a different course I am not used to and my driving was purty darn good. I am purty confident when I go to the tee now. I have never been this way.
You will love it!

My time on the driving range today with this club proved that a bad enough swing can trump technological greatness.

My time on the driving range today with this club proved that a bad enough swing can trump technological greatness.
So that means you didn't see great results?

Finally got my driver from the shop after having to order it. Really pumped up about this beast and hoping to see better results and ofcourse more fairways!!!

Update for everyone out there on how my SF Tec is doing. I have the 10* one and I kinda wish I would have gotten the 12*. Seems like most of my shots are much lower than what I had with the G25. But can't complain about distance when I hit it well. And it has been doing a great job with keeping my ball flight to the left side of the fairway or maybe even further lol.... I just need to get more reps in with it and especially hit up the range. But overall it's a good driver, just need to get some more height out of my flight.

Update for everyone out there on how my SF Tec is doing. I have the 10* one and I kinda wish I would have gotten the 12*. Seems like most of my shots are much lower than what I had with the G25. But can't complain about distance when I hit it well. And it has been doing a great job with keeping my ball flight to the left side of the fairway or maybe even further lol.... I just need to get more reps in with it and especially hit up the range. But overall it's a good driver, just need to get some more height out of my flight.
thanks for this Andrew. I'm especially interested in your comment at maybe should have gotten the 12*. That's exactly what I found out this wekend, that I prob ably need to go with.

The dealer where I bought my D200 irons specializes in PING and Wlison. So I'm planning on visiting him for a fittimg. I need to get the loft and shaft right.

Yeah I would defiantly get check out on what loft you need to get that optimal ball flight. I was getting good direction and low-mid flight with it when I got fitted. I also got the Tour 65 shaft in it so the probably keeps it lower also. But yeah IDK how I would do with a 12*, would defiantly be interesting.
thanks for this Andrew. I'm especially interested in your comment at maybe should have gotten the 12*. That's exactly what I found out this wekend, that I prob ably need to go with.

The dealer where I bought my D200 irons specializes in PING and Wlison. So I'm planning on visiting him for a fittimg. I need to get the loft and shaft right.

Remember that you can loft it up to 11.2* (I am playing it at 10.6). Also, you may want to experiment with tee height. My experience is this club prefers a miss high on the face over a low miss (I get lower trajectories with the lower strike).

Yea I got it set up on the small +. I'll have to turn it up to the bigger + and see how that goes. That's the setting I got fitted into for the best results.
Remember that you can loft it up to 11.2* (I am playing it at 10.6). Also, you may want to experiment with tee height. My experience is this club prefers a miss high on the face over a low miss (I get lower trajectories with the lower strike).

That's good news��
I am still, really liking mine.

Back