My journey back to single digits.

YetiLooper

Reaction score
Handicap
19 years ago at the age of 21 I worked at second nice local course I had dreams of becoming a PGA certified instructor and/or work towards becoming a head pro somewhere. I had gotten myself down to a 5 handicap and was starting to really dial in to attempt the Player Ability Testing as my next step. At the same time my family had started a new business... I realized that financially going with the family business would be better financially for myself and my new bride, so left the golf industry. I don't regret that decision as it enabled me to have a nice comfortable life for me and me wife and eventually our children, something that would have been much harder in the golf world.

Fast forward to 2015... most of my life the last 19 years has prevented me from playing more than 2-3 times a year, business, kids, recessions.... but now at 40, my kids want to come play, financially I can afford to practice and play weekly. My game has dropped from 5 to 18ish. I am struggling with work related back injuries, but I am using golf as my motivation to get better. I have a goal, I want that satisfaction of being a single digit handicap again, that sense of accomplishment of breaking 80, expecting to break 80. I know i can get to scratch, I've been close in the past I know what it takes.

This is my journey back, it's about health, commitment and most of all enjoyment.

Good luck bud! You definitely made the right decision back then IMO. I have no doubt you'll get back to a single figure handicap in very little time. Once again good luck and enjoy introducing your kids to this wonderful game.

Good luck! Sounds like you have all of your priorities well aligned so I have no doubt you will reach your golf goals.

It's a long road, but you've been to that place before. Looks like you have some work to do. Good luck.

Ahhh...it's just like riding a bike! You'll have it in no time!

Good job on the previous 19 years and best of luck on the goal.

I think the key comment you made was the last...as long as you find that old "enjoyment" in the effort, you have already succeeded.

Good luck on your journey.

Back