The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there's about three ways you can do a timing belt.

A; just the belt. Do not recommend

B: belt and water pump also do not recommend

C: belt pump and timing kit which includes all pulleys. Only way to go really.

Cheaper isn't always better .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank Gawd they are doing "C" up here. .I guess you get what you pay for huh? All our neighbors sure brag about this shop!

Option C is the only way to go. Did this a couple months ago as well. I bought the parts myself and had a cousin who owns a small shop do it. Saved me a few hundred $$$'s

Option C is the only way to go. Did this a couple months ago as well. I bought the parts myself and had a cousin who owns a small shop do it. Saved me a few hundred $$$'s

The guy doing our car said that little Honda will keep running for a long time now with good maintenance . He said if you don't get it done and the belt breaks, it will cost you a heap more.

The guy doing our car said that little Honda will keep running for a long time now with good maintenance . He said if you don't get it done and the belt breaks, it will cost you a heap more.

It will run forever .

I have that feeling in the back of my throat/sinuses. C R A P

Some people at the station really cause me to bite my tongue way to hard but I have to be nice for 17 more months. All I can do is shake my head and walk away.

Cleveland sports.

Getting up early to help a coworker, waiting and waiting...
Calling him to see where he is, "Sorry dude, missed my alarm..."

Later! Find someone else to help you.

Getting up early to help a coworker, waiting and waiting...
Calling him to see where he is, "Sorry dude, missed my alarm..."

Later! Find someone else to help you.

So frustrating. No one else's time is as valuable as their own

Broken kneecaps would be a better punishment. The law won't do crap unless the course files a civil suit against them.
Wow, I can't believe you are in fact correct.
The police aren't going to do anything.
The course is going to file a civil suit.

I had the manager of the course show me where they live.
There is a part of me that wants to wait on them outside of their home and beat the absolute tar out of them.
Then I remember the world doesn't need me to dole out justice.

Perhaps I should just drive a golf ball into their home; the problem is, even from close range, I know for sure I would miss.

Wow, I can't believe you are in fact correct.
The police aren't going to do anything.
The course is going to file a civil suit.

I had the manager of the course show me where they live.
There is a part of me that wants to wait on them outside of their home and beat the absolute tar out of them.
Then I remember the world doesn't need me to dole out justice.

Perhaps I should just drive a golf ball into their home; the problem is, even from close range, I know for sure I would miss.
How is that not destruction of property or some sort of criminal offense? People like that who do damage just to do damage are some of the lowest forms of life around.

Dropped our car off today to have the timing belt changed and it's costing $800.00 bucks .

What type of car? If the water pump is timing belt driven make sure they do that as well.

Well there's about three ways you can do a timing belt.

A; just the belt. Do not recommend

B: belt and water pump also do not recommend

C: belt pump and timing kit which includes all pulleys. Only way to go really.

Cheaper isn't always better .

Thank Gawd they are doing "C" up here. .I guess you get what you pay for huh? All our neighbors sure brag about this shop!

When I bought my 1999 CRV from my parents, I had this all done also. The shop even noticed I had an engine mount that had broke and replaced it while they were doing all the work. I think I paid just under $800 for all the work. I've got 181k miles on my CRV and hoping for at least another 25-50k.

You and me both, buddy!!!!! I wanted you to have a full conversation with me in French so I could pretend to have a clue.

pretending you have aclue is easy, that's pretty much all I do at THP events :alien:

Got a message today that tuition is going up by almost 8%. So does that mean I'm almost 8% more likely to get a job? Nope. Board of Regents not accepting pay increases? Nope. Just push it all on the college student.

And the best part is their excuse it's so high is because they didn't increase tuition the last time they had the chance...yeah, right.

I need to hear you say baguette just once .

haha ok, just remember me when we meet.

I think my playing partners this weekend got to hear some french swear words... I'm not proud of it, but for some reason I thought of Ricky, he would have been proud.

haha ok, just remember me when we meet.

I think my playing partners this weekend got to hear some french swear words... I'm not proud of it, but for some reason i thought of ricky, he would have been proud.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssss

Getting a "Talking to" because I ditched the guy who wanted to spend his morning in bed and not working....

I'm told I should have waited for him, and acted irrationally.

My reply is this is a one person job, and one that can be done safely by a single set of hands. Just because it is a little difficult, requires thinking, planning, organization, and technical knowledge he asked if I could help him, which I was trying to do. He set the time to meet, when I called 15 minutes after that time, I was told I can be there in under 2 hours.... I left.

I fail to see that as irrational.
Maybe that's a me problem...

Got a message today that tuition is going up by almost 8%. So does that mean I'm almost 8% more likely to get a job? Nope. Board of Regents not accepting pay increases? Nope. Just push it all on the college student.

And the best part is their excuse it's so high is because they didn't increase tuition the last time they had the chance...yeah, right.

#FireUpChips

WAAAAAAHHHHH Callaway didn't send me what i wanted in my Collection box WAAHHHHHH!.

Waaaahhh, people didn't like they're Callaway collection box. Waaahhh

Why would a company such as Titleist send a demo kit to a golf course without the full range of available option? They insist on everyone being custom fit, yet don't include any of the Fd or Hd heads in their demo kit. Feels contradictory and unsatisfying

Oh Fup.....I think the sun is finally getting to you now.

#DryHeatIsAwesome

I can't hear you over the whining about XR Man hats :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back