UK Summer Cup 2015

If it hadn't been for the fact we have the kids and grandson here this weekend I would probably have been there

Have been looking through the recaps on the European tour homepage and the course looks fantastic! :)
And nice to see my new "friend" Sam T. making the cut!

Talking about famous players, got a video swing analysis from the event this Monday and apparently my swing looks like John Dalys.. I got some work to do!! (either on the swing or the belly) ;)

And yeah I have now a hotel, so if anyone happens to drive by Hilton Gateshead in Newcastle on Sunday morning and have space for me that would be awesome! :) or can tell me the preferred taxi company in the region!

One thing that I heard mentioned yesterday when watching some highlights is that Close House is a course that rewards accuracy over distance, so it seems that the longer hitters aren't going to have any advantage here

Guess that means I could leave my driver at home :D

One thing that I heard mentioned yesterday when watching some highlights is that Close House is a course that rewards accuracy over distance, so it seems that the longer hitters aren't going to have any advantage here

Guess that means I could leave my driver at home :D
Nah, don't try to get ahead by playing smart! ;)

Remember we're only playing the championship course one day, I think the other is more open from what friends have said. The colt course is just stunning and asks lots of questions and there's all sorta of options of the tee. I think it's my favourite UK course so I hope you all enjoy it as much as I have on the past!

Ok Southern Team listen up!

Sunday will be attire of your own choice. Monday will be red shirts as we go for the kill!

How does this sound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilco Skip.

I will send pigeons to the chaps who find this internet malarkey too complicated or vulgar.

What's the form on these Northern chaps? Will they have interpreters or shall we just speak up?

Sure we can make ourselves understood with sign language El B ;-)

And yeah I have now a hotel, so if anyone happens to drive by Hilton Gateshead in Newcastle on Sunday morning and have space for me that would be awesome! :) or can tell me the preferred taxi company in the region!

I can pick you up :good:

Sure we can make ourselves understood with sign language El B ;-)

oh you Yorkies are no bother. Cousin Charlie has Grouse moor up there, he says a god cuff round the flat cap for the beater and a pint of ale for the whippet always serves him well. It's those chaps from the East Coast that worry me...

Skippers....

You should agree how you are to announce running orders for day one.

I suspect we will send the 3 balls out first. First match two Northerners v one Southerner, Match 2 the opposite, Match 3 as per Match 1.

Matches 4&5, double singles.

You might agree to announce match by match or player by player...or any way that you like.

Then we can see the 'Postman' type posts......

Down South - talks with the skipper have continued long into the night. At one point I even had to wake the Butler up.

Trouble is getting into a Northern mindset...a Yorkie one at that.....

How will the enigmatic David L put together his playing order?

I think that he will remove the cap from the pen. Take a deliberate look at the spot on the paper that he wants to write on. Inhale. Glance across at his vice captains. Take a deliberate look at the spot on the paper then...

At this point Geo pointed out that this is not what he was asking for...

How would the Barbarians line up?

The Bandit had already inserted the West Lothian question, teaming several Scots with the Southerners...Would Will_I_Dream paint his face blue, cry freedom and smack his tee shot 285 yards in the wrong direction?

The key to the Northerners was clearly whether they could pull together...Mel Gibson, the cast of Vikings, Auf Wiedersehen Pet and the Last of the Summer Wine..could they all combine into one unified team?

Again, the Bandit tossed a hand grenade into the Northern Team room. "Shall we spend money on Shirts?". The rift was instant, the flat cap and ferret brigade instinctively reaching for the time locks on their wallets, while on Geordie shore the lads were picking out logos...

Leftie the confused Viking was still trying to work out where best for a bit of genteel pillaging...if one of those Geordie lasses gets a hold of him, he may never be the same again. Still, he will die happy I suppose.

The Danes are doubtless going to be wandering around looking for wifi and explaining that not all Danish Beer is Carlsberg.

I guess we should count ourselves lucky if they manage to line up at all...

Still Geo. I like our running order. It is important that WE call the shots. Let them follow us. We know we have the taking of them....

Well publish away lol I was waiting for the reveal one hour before our tee times!

Oh and I was looking forward to the glory of leading us off on Monday! Just like the Ryder cups put your strength out first (well the guy with the worst score on day one actually but let's not be picky!)

Well publish away lol I was waiting for the reveal one hour before our tee times!

Oh and I was looking forward to the glory of leading us off on Monday! Just like the Ryder cups put your strength out first (well the guy with the worst score on day one actually but let's not be picky!)

Ah...what are we to read into this? I feel another long night over the sherry in Geo's country retreat....

Is the Rat getting a little too long in the tooth for his Stiff shafts? Perhaps a shift down to regular? Or maybe even a senior flex? Crag Rat junior knocking it past you?

Don't worry Pops, perhaps we can be paired together you with your short and straight drive and me with my Gentleman's persuader - I'm thinking of putting with it too.....

I'll bring the Hamlets for your bunker moments if you put some extra balls in your bag for my water wedge.....

Couldn't quite persuade him to come along, 15 just too young but looking at getting him fitted for his first own set, at which point I'll just give up trying to compete with him! Bit of a shame that you're left handed, he'd have had quite a choice from all tour old ones! What's your latest bag look like?

Don't worry I'll bring lots of balls ;-)

Can you bring me a spade and deck chair?

Couldn't quite persuade him to come along, 15 just too young but looking at getting him fitted for his first own set, at which point I'll just give up trying to compete with him! Bit of a shame that you're left handed, he'd have had quite a choice from all tour old ones! What's your latest bag look like?

Don't worry I'll bring lots of balls ;-)

15? He can probably already hit left and right handed. Last year i got whipped by a young guy playing off 3. After beating me, he was going out with his leftie mate. For a laugh, they swap clubs. He was off 8 left-handed.

Curiously though, his reactions were not quick enough to dodge the pint I threw at him.

My bag? G30 at the top - back to SCOR wedges - much better at hitting direct to the water. Few putters from Ping and a Scotty - depending on how I feel.

Intensely quiet on this thread. Is everyone out there practicing? Team meetings perhaps?

first round in over a fortnight scheduled for Sunday. Could the rest have worked miracles?

How we all playing boys?

and more importantly - is the Suedette fitted for a turquoise dress? Does she look like an aqua-marine Meringue?

Intensely quiet on this thread. Is everyone out there practicing? Team meetings perhaps?

first round in over a fortnight scheduled for Sunday. Could the rest have worked miracles?

How we all playing boys?

and more importantly - is the Suedette fitted for a turquoise dress? Does she look like an aqua-marine Meringue?
I think Swedette the and her fellow ladies are going purple.. And don't ask me how I know that!

Golf wise I might have made a bad move this Saturday.. Carding a 76 (net 67) which took me down to 10,0.. Though it's the EGA system so I'll be playing of 24 with the rest of you! ;)

I think Swedette the and her fellow ladies are going purple.. And don't ask me how I know that!

Golf wise I might have made a bad move this Saturday.. Carding a 76 (net 67) which took me down to 10,0.. Though it's the EGA system so I'll be playing of 24 with the rest of you! ;)

10EGA = 3 CONGU.:bicker:

Purple eh? Very dashing I'm sure.

So how do we all feel about doing the draw for the 1st day matches live when we get there in the bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back