What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played 9 holes with two balls, the Z-star yellow and Penta, just to compare the two. So, over the "18" holes, I shot an overall 90 (45/45). My driver was ON today, straight and 230-275. Putter was also pretty good, but my iron play is in a funk right now. Not getting consistant distances. 10/14 FIR, only 4/18 GIR... That says it all right there.

Best shot of the day, 195 yards to a front pin. Tree on the rightside of the fairway is blocking the shot, wind left to right. I hit a solid 4 hybrid fade, starts about 25-30 yards left of the pin, fades and lands just short of the green by a yard or two. Up and down for par.

I will say that the Z-star, for me, is just as long as the Penta, spins just as much, and feels just as soft. It's more durable, and heck, I cant lose that yellow ball, despite it diving into the bushes twice. It's staying in my bag for a while.

played with uncle daddy and my brother today. we had a great time, but yours truly put a hurtin' on them today.

i shot a 77, 38 going out and 39 coming home.

hit 9/14 fwys
hit 8/18 greens
had 28 putts
8 pars, 3 birdies, 6 bogeys and 1 double

shot one over on the par 5's today which really sucked. had a par, two bogeys and one birdie. hit the worst shot of my life for my second on one, just completely hit the ball fat and into the water, hit it again to my number and stuck the wedge to within a foot for a relatively easy bogey but what a waste.

irons were great today. i fired at pins i normally wouldn't so my gir's weren't the best but i was wanting to really test the accuracy of the new shafts. i'm extremely pleased and even my brother noticed a significant difference in my ball flight and added distance. i can't reiterate how lovely they feel and i'm getting more and more confident with them. i knew it would take a little time to get use to them but it's moving along nicely.

played with uncle daddy and my brother today. we had a great time, but yours truly put a hurtin' on them today.

hit 9/14 fwys
hit 8/18 greens
had 28 putts

shot one over on the par 5's today which really sucked. had a par, two bogeys and one birdie. hit the worst shot of my life for my second on one, just completely hit the ball fat and into the water, hit it again to my number and stuck the wedge to within a foot for a relatively easy bogey but what a waste.

irons were great today. i fired at pins i normally wouldn't so my gir's weren't the best but i was wanting to really test the accuracy of the new shafts. i'm extremely pleased and even my brother noticed a significant difference in my ball flight and added distance. i can't reiterate how lovely they feel and i'm getting more and more confident with them. i knew it would take a little time to get use to them but it's moving along nicely.

I am proud of ya good buddy!!!!! Great round and I can't wait to see those boring through the wind iron shots... Sounds like you have found the perfect match for your X22's. I look forward to playing with you, Uncle Daddy, & Jarrett again before too long!

i'm playing in my first tournament today. just a friendly thing on a par 30 9 hole course in Hayward, CA (which, surprisingly has some of the most well-kept grass I've ever played on).

I've certainly been dedicating myself recently, averaging around 15 - 18 hours of golf a WEEK. (5-6x a week play or practice, average 3 hours a session). I played this course on monday trying to practice and hit a 39 with horrible 3 puts all over the place (21 puts total). I was very good in chipping however, and I'll need to repeat that today to have a good score. I will be extremely pleased with a 35 or 36. I'm putting the pressure on myself which may not be a good idea, but at the same time, I know i'm going to have a blast so I'm really just all excitement right now!

I hope I win the closest to the pin .. heh, it's this super short 90 yard par 3 which is locked so freaking dead on to my lob wedge distance.

Anyway, I'll report back!

Good luck to you. When we had our THP So-Cal gathering here in March, I won closest to the pin on a par 3 :)

hit 9/14 fwys
hit 8/18 greens
had 28 putts

Nice round TC. Nothing better than pummeling everybody in your group

ew, i shot 41 on the par 30. gross, gross, gross. i buckled under the pressure. settled down a little bit after the 6th hole and got a couple of pars finally. But still 21 puts. I need some major work! Some shots I had no chance too, just totally outclassed by some bunkers 150 yards away -- I just have no idea how to handle that play.

onwards and upwards.

I figured I'd post this in this thread since it's pretty much what I shot, only not today but more over the course of the season. Our GHIN revision came out today and I'm now a 7.5 hdcp. Looking at my HCP Index History my handicap was a 13.9 on 8/28/2009, my first revision of 2010 was 5/1/2010 and it was a 10.9, sine then each revision it has dropped no less than .5. I was once a 5 hdcp then a horrific ATV accident nearly killed me (true story) and it has been a long road back. I am playing as good as I ever have and now even starting to play great in big time events so that really has me excited. I wanted to share this good news with my fine friends at THP!

hit 9/14 fwys
hit 8/18 greens
had 28 putts

Great round tc!!! That index will be dropping after that score. Keep it up!

nice round tc! way to smack the family around man! :act-up:

I shot a personal best 93. One of the easiest most relaxed rounds ever( for me). 43 on the front and a 50 on the back.

I figured I'd post this in this thread since it's pretty much what I shot, only not today but more over the course of the season. Our GHIN revision came out today and I'm now a 7.5 hdcp. Looking at my HCP Index History my handicap was a 13.9 on 8/28/2009, my first revision of 2010 was 5/1/2010 and it was a 10.9, sine then each revision it has dropped no less than .5. I was once a 5 hdcp then a horrific ATV accident nearly killed me (true story) and it has been a long road back. I am playing as good as I ever have and now even starting to play great in big time events so that really has me excited. I wanted to share this good news with my fine friends at THP!

awesome stuff P4B, i'm glad you made it out of the accident man. i love seeing guys drop their hcp!

Shot a 63 on the front, and a 51 on the back. 51 was a personal 9 hole best as I usually shoot about a 110-115 total. Only the 2nd time I've played in 8 months though, so I'm proud of it. The new putter helped a lot as I had many putts JUST miss on the back 9. Only driving 180 with this crap driver when I hit 220-225 when I demo'ed R9's and the DE is frustrating too as I was putting for par and bogey rather than birdie and par. Strongly recommend the Odyssey White Hot Tour #9 though :)

Decided to go out for a quick 9 today. Ive been adjusting to the new clubs, and today was the first day I really felt "on" with my irons. I hit 6 GIR and on one par 3 I left it 8 inches away from 142 with my PW. Ended up shooting a 42 with 20 putts. I'm feeling more comfortable with the putter though, and think I'm on the verge of playing some pretty good golf. Overall it was a really fun round. Sorta wished I had stuck around for 18, but I started at noon and it was 105 out and I was walking, so It may have been better that I didn't.

Shot a 63 on the front, and a 51 on the back. 51 was a personal 9 hole best as I usually shoot about a 110-115 total. Only the 2nd time I've played in 8 months though, so I'm proud of it. The new putter helped a lot as I had many putts JUST miss on the back 9. Only driving 180 with this crap driver when I hit 220-225 when I demo'ed R9's and the DE is frustrating too as I was putting for par and bogey rather than birdie and par. Strongly recommend the Odyssey White Hot Tour #9 though :)
Congatulations. It always is a good feeling when you make good progress. Hope it continues for you.

Congatulations. It always is a good feeling when you make good progress. Hope it continues for you.

Thanks man. Will probably be budget buying some clubs pretty soon. Loving the hand-me-down bag and the new putter, but the rest is just really ugly. I actually felt a lot of confidence in my swing on the back 9 too.

Thanks man. Will probably be budget buying some clubs pretty soon. Loving the hand-me-down bag and the new putter, but the rest is just really ugly. I actually felt a lot of confidence in my swing on the back 9 too.

I know where your coming from. It's not often, but when I get that confident feeling everything seems to go right. That's the feeling that makes me keep trying this crazy game.

absolute brutal day today... 12 over front 8 over back for a 92 :sad:
well since the past few rounds ive felt ive gotten my swing down to were i wanted and today i wanted to go low
today i just got downright stupid in my decisions... i wanted to shape shots and play target golf the way i used to... but it didnt turn out that way... i was everywhere and draws turned to hooks and fades were slicing...
i have no idea how the heck i hooked a 9i... but i did...
even the putter failed me... i dropped a 40 footer... for a double... i missed my only birdie putt by one rotation

tomorrow im playing a blitz with some friends at greenbrier cc and im not having the confidence in my game right now =/

I played my local course yesterday and even though I didnt break 90, I shot a 90 actually, I was pretty happy with my over all progress. Last couple rounds Id been creeping back up into the 94-95 range so it was nice to come back down a bit. Still had some really stupid holes that made the difference between a 80-something and a 90. A couple 3 putts and lost balls is all it takes. Ive noticed my biggest area I need to improve on is hitting fairways and GIR's, which seem to be related haha. I miss way too many fairways to score well.

Played the local university course which is very nice.
Shot a 93 and was really hurt by penalty strokes (4-some 'deserved' and some 'bad bounces'). Overall I am happy with how I played esp when I haven't broken 100 since I shot an 83 last week. I am going out again tomorrow and should be able to post a lower number. My handicap is still skyrocketing but at least I feel like I am actually playing golf and not just chasing a ball around.

The numbers from the round look awful though
46% fairways, 27% GIR, 35 putts
4-penalty strokes, 2- sand shots (same fairway bunker :angry:)
1 Bird, 4 par, 6 Bogey, 7 double or worse

It was also the yellow z-star's first appearance and I really enjoyed using them. I think I see some (used) white z-stars in my future!

Yesterday I shot 70, 1 under.

I was 3 under the front and cruising on the back. 10 an 11 are the 2 and 4 handicap holes and I made easy pars on them.

12th hole is a par 5 and I was just off the front edge in two and chipped to 6ft. I missed the put, parred the next hole. Hit a good tee shot on the par 3 14th and got too agresive on my putt, missed the come back for a 3putt bogey.

Next hole, par 5 15th, hit a decent tee shot, was 30yrds shorth in 2, hit a 3rd shot that was terrible over the green and couldn't get up and down. Dropped 2 shots on two of the easiest holes on the back.

Parred in from there for a 1 under 70. Great round but could have been so much more....

I was asked to fill in as a sub on a league i have been trying to get on for two years.
Finally got my foot in the door.....
It was just a 9 hole league after work. I was playing my Nickent Setup (4dx evolver, 4dx CB's and the 4dx hybrids.)
I hit 6 of 7 fairways with my driver (the one I missed I was only 3' off the fairway) I think the Evolver may have supplanted my FT5...
I had one blow up hole where I snap hooked a 6I from 165 and lost the ball...took a triple...
After that I finished up Birdie, Par, Par and shot a 42
Besides the triple, I know I left 3 shots on the course

Overall, really happy with the round..
The guy wants me to sub again next week and my CG15's should be in by then....

bama

Nice little nine hole score there Bammer!!

nice rounds everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back