Loft or Face Angle

Loft for sure. I have a 915 D2 8.5* head playing +1.5* to 10*.

Loft for me. But I've always understood the two to be intertwined on the modern adjustable hosels.

Loft. I'll admit I'm not always 100% sure what changing the face angle does for me.

normally just loft, but sometimes face angle

I've never changed mine. I was fitted into this driver and we figured out the best setting at that time. So, I've never thought about making adjustments.

I usually end up lofting up on anything adjustable. I know it changes the face angle but I can usually figure it out.

Both, but with the XR I've had to stay on the Draw setting regardless of shaft/loft.

Usually just loft, but I love tinkering!

I don't tinker much, but when I do, it's usually just the loft.
If it's a real windy day, I might drop the loft a little.

90% loft and 10% D or N setting. For some reason I'm way more prone to slices when I put my Alpha 815 in the draw setting, makes no sense to me. Also I tend to hit the ball more straight when I'm at 10.5* N than 12.5* D, also makes no sense to me.

Loft. I always figured squaring the face is my own problem.

Usually loft. I crank it up as high as it'll go.

Loft set to max up, face angle set to max draw and even the moveable weight set to max draw - I use them all

Neither. Most of these things are ultimately linked. Bump the loft and you close the face or make it more upright. Lower the loft and you open it. Even with Cobra's setup, I don't think that it's not really linked.

I try and find the right head setting with the right face angle setting and forget it. Meaning, that if the driver is say heel biased, I'll go for the 10.5, drop it .5 opening it 1 degree. It will kind of neutralize it out. Once I have it dialed in, then I never touch it.

Two other thoughts:
1) I tend to think the adjustment that works the most is weight positioning.
2) My swing has far, far more variability than any setting tinkering is going to fix.

Defidently loft more than face angle

since being fit into my 815 DBD the only thing I have done is moved it off of draw to neutral, this was in reaction to a strengthening of my grip.

I always loft up!!

Which adjustability do you use more (if any) on your driver?

Both for me. I'm set at the "draw" setting and +2 degree's in loft which makes the actual loft +1 as stated on the head. I want nothing to do with the left side of any shot, on any course at anytime, unless it is a must do, and I can do that with a grip, ball position and swing change when I must.

Both for me. I'm set at the "draw" setting and +2 degree's in loft which makes the actual loft +1 as stated on the head. I want nothing to do with the left side of any shot, on any course at anytime, unless it is a must do, and I can do that with a grip, ball position and swing change when I must.

So your saying a 10.5* head set at +2 and D would play as a 11.5*?

Loft. I tend to hit it fairly straight, so I like to keep my face angle pretty neutral.

Loft mainly. I played with the face angle a bit on my bio cell and it didn't really help at all.

If I had to pick one it would be loft. The ability to control launch based on conditions means more to me than face angle.

Loft. I find I have the best success at 9 degrees.

On my X2 Hot I am currently playing face in draw position, but loft set at 10.5 (the standard loft setting).

On the z545 I have played with face angle (which affects loft) as well as the rear weight (I wish the US version had 2 adjustable weights!) but I really need to get on a launch monitor to see what gives me the best results.

Back