Do you invest in golf clubs?

Buying golf clubs as an investment is like buying a car as an investment.

Hell no. But it is nice to recoup a little value if I decide to flip.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The only golf club/gear that I can think of that would fall into this category are Scotty Cameron items.

Well cared for putters are about all that can hold value. As for the rest, its like a used car. If you expect more than blue book value you need to find a fool for a customer.

After a decade away I recently replaced my Tour Edge SP1 irons and woods. I spent what is a good sum for someone of my financial situation to spend on clubs and equipment.

My return on investment is the fun that comes from hitting those few really good shots when I play. Maybe, with a little effort those good shots will come more often

For me golf clubs are like buying toilet paper, it's necessary but has no value beyond the initial need. I have a set of BECU Eye2's (non +) that are in pristine condition and displayed in my office along with a refurbished Scotty Beryllium and an original Big Bertha that has never been hit. Those three clubs are "memory" clubs the evoke visions of happy times I see no monetary value in them, they just make me feel good when I see them in my office.

Back