DC/MD/VA unofficial outing - 7/25/15

I think LH is going to exceed your target cost, at least it will according to the web site. OH does come in at the target budget at the afternoon rates.
I am going to look at Old Hickory at this point and see what the tee times look like

So I am looking at tee times for next Saturday and they have 4 at 2:30 for 69 bucks a piece. If you are interested reply to this and I will go ahead and book it today. The price is about 40 bucks higher to play in morning and for me that just doesn't make budgetary sense.

So I am going to go ahead and complicate matters, I have played this course and it is decent. Not nearly as nice as Old Hickory but the price is definitely right.

Osprey's at Belmont Bay

http://ospreysgolf.com/

We could play anytime on Saturday the 25th for about 70 bucks.

I'm tracking this... might be able to escape and play depending on where u guys decide and if you have an open spot.

I'm tracking this... might be able to escape and play depending on where u guys decide and if you have an open spot.

Awesome. It is still in the works so we are trying to figure it out.

Where in NoVa?

Ok so doing a little more research on Osprey's, it is a shorter course but still a good challenge.

So a vote is in order... reply to this post and vote either Old Hickory or Osprey's. After we get an idea of numbers I can make the tee times.

You guys know the courses, so I'm open to either and at any time of the day.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I'm open for either course too. Anytime

Well it looks like we'll need at least two times, so I vote for the nicer of the two that has two times together.

Clear as mud? :p

I am leaning toward Old Hickory. I am going to make the tee times tomorrow AM.

I just want to make sure that those who want to play are aware of the course and times. So I will be shooting for 2 foursomes one at 230 the next at 240.

A guy I work with spends a lot of time in D.C. and asked where I was playing. I told him that I think we were going to Old Hickory. He had great things to say about the course and said it's a fairly narrow course off the tee.

I guess I will focus my practice this week on the tee ball to limit some damage.

A guy I work with spends a lot of time in D.C. and asked where I was playing. I told him that I think we were going to Old Hickory. He had great things to say about the course and said it's a fairly narrow course off the tee.

I guess I will focus my practice this week on the tee ball to limit some damage.

It's not that bad. Most holes are tree lined. but most of them are set pretty far off the fairway. I wouldnt describe it as tight by any means.

it's not St Andrews wide open however. ha.

still trying to see if this will work for me. afternoon rounds are tougher for me to make.

but I'll let you guys know as soon as I can.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I would really love to join you guys for an outing. But I looked up Old Hickory. I would guess we would play from the yellow tees which yields a 6,600 yard course. I must be honest, at my age, such is beyond of my abilities. The young guys would be waiting continuously for me to catch up with them. I really do hope and I am quite sure ya'll will have a good time, its not ya'lls fault I got old.

I would really love to join you guys for an outing. But I looked up Old Hickory. I would guess we would play from the yellow tees which yields a 6,600 yard course. I must be honest, at my age, such is beyond of my abilities. The young guys would be waiting continuously for me to catch up with them. I really do hope and I am quite sure ya'll will have a good time, its not ya'lls fault I got old.

I'm open to playing the whites. The yardage may not be high but the slope factor is. Split tees are an option too. I think the goal is to have fun with some fellow THPers rather than grind it out for bragging rights.

I honestly have no clue what tees we will play, but I just have to say don't let that stop you from joining. You can play whatever tees you would like to. And honestly 6,600 yards is probably my limit. I could play that length but I'm more comfortable with 6,100. I don't anyone will care if you are long off the tee or short. We are all just looking to have a good time. At least I am

If I play I'm not playing from the yellows... 6,600 is too long for me, especially with this knee.

Hey guys just got caught up here if the length might be an issue let's play Ospreys. It is fun course with a challenging layout and would be a blast.

I still haven't made the tee times yet so let me look those up and we can go from there.

My goal is to get as many out as possible.

Hey guys just got caught up here if the length might be an issue let's play Ospreys. It is fun course with a challenging layout and would be a blast.

I still haven't made the tee times yet so let me look those up and we can go from there.

If the tees used is optional based on one's abilities and choice, then I would think Old Hickory would be fine, if it is the most convenient and is a good track. I would feel real bad if you changed venues just to accommodate an old f@rt like me, that just wouldn't be fair to others.

jesse

I think OH is fine from the whites - jmo though!

Ok I will try for the original plan of Old Hickory at 230 and 240. There are only 5 people that are confirmed so at this point we need 3 more to have 2 full tee times. I going to make the 230 today and if you want to play make sure you post in here and let me know.

As I said, I would love to join you guys. I will check with my social director (aka wife) to see if there is any scheduling conflict.

Ok we are booked for 4 at 212 at 69 bucks a piece. I have my CC to hold the confirmation so if we get another 3 someone else will have to book the tee times.

Looking forward to this all!

Back