What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
shot an 81 on tuesday...should have been 80..missed a2 foot bird on 12:banghead:

nice rounds guys

79 today :sad:

Pains me to post. I came in with letters instead of numbers last night. one N one R. Gave up on the 17th tee due to the weather being so bad that we couldn't hold our clubs and swing. It wasn't bad when we set out.

Highlight of the round has to be when I went to swing my newly-acquired Snake Eyes wedge at a shot on the 4th. The shaft snapped at impact, halfway down the grip, the club whipped round and what's left of the shaft hit me on the back of the head. Kinda set the tone!
ouch that sounds like it hurt...

i played a practice round today with a couple of guys from philly and another guy from carolina...
i shot 10 over on the front and it should have been much better but my excuse is on the 4th teebox i pulled something in my back/ribs and couldnt follow thru without some serious pain...
those guys ditched me at the turn... decided to sit down and eat so i went on the back by myself and practiced but couldnt get anything going because of the pain

ouch that sounds like it hurt...

i played a practice round today with a couple of guys from philly and another guy from carolina...
i shot 10 over on the front and it should have been much better but my excuse is on the 4th teebox i pulled something in my back/ribs and couldnt follow thru without some serious pain...
those guys ditched me at the turn... decided to sit down and eat so i went on the back by myself and practiced but couldnt get anything going because of the pain

hate to hear that dude, you might want to get that checked out. if it kept russ from golfing, it had to be painful

hate to hear that dude, you might want to get that checked out. if it kept russ from golfing, it had to be painful
its okay tc... its from an old surfing injury... im playing with my cousin on friday and im gonna practice tomorrow... if it still hurts... then its chiropractor massage time w00t

shot a 96 today. first time I've played this course. greens were in awesome shape but the fairway was over grown and weedy in spots. granted its rained a ton but come on cut the grass! shot a 46 on the way out but the humdity kicked in and shot a 50 on the way in. still it felt really good to play golf again and had a great partner in a friends 19y son who I have known for over 10 years and is going in the Air Force in Dec

Shot an 88 today. 47/41 with my buddy D-Dub for the site. What a great day to play, cool with a light breeze and soft greens. Who knows how I plunked a 47, but stuff happens. I must say that Dub shot extremely well on the back 9. The guy just started this game and shot a smooth 47 on the back. WTF? He and his wife are playing some great golf so I hope everyone is pulling for them. Good stuff Dub!

Shot a 72 for par!!!

With one caviot, it was a four person scramble tourney, so I guess we actually didnt do too hot. I was probably the most practiced golfer on the team, but we did have one guy who could drive 300+ yards when he used my driver, but he only hit a few fairways. Another was pretty good with approach shots. The third was just there to laugh and have a good time... all in all, a relaxing, fun, stress free group... and a good time. Plus it was a work-sanctioned event, so I got paid to play!

WOOOOHOOO! Shot my personal best on the par 3 9 hole -- 31!!! I was heading in to 8 and 9 shooting 2 over. on 8 I overshot the green and was on a big up-slope chip tucked behind this hill, so the guys on the green couldn't see me. I flubbed the chip and it only went a couple feet in front of me. They couldn't see. I took another shot and knocked it 18 in. from the pin. knocked it in for "par" or so they thought. Then after everyone finished putting I told them it wasn't really a par but I didn't wanna say anything so I wouldn't be thinking about and get all pissd off about the flub during my putt. then totally flubbed my tee shot on 9 but did well enough to save bogie which i was happy with. my previous best was 34 (i said 33 previously but really there was one missed 'gimme' put.. and a few months ago i was shooting consistent 40ish).

I started the round out par par birdie -- def never done that before. that's when i started getting nervous! but the short game practice is DEFINITELY paying off! No 3 putts again today for my second time ever.

Also, a guy in our group hit A HOLE IN ONE on a 145 yarder. Not only did we have a bbq set up at the 10th hole afterwords with teriyaki chicken w/ pineapple and mayo sliders, but we had 4 rounds for free (3 from the guy and one from the bar!) He's been waiting for about 5 years of 50-60 rounds a year for this so it was pretty special. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. He even used the most classic pick-up line with a girl 15 years younger than him and it earned him a solid 15 min of conversation with a cute blonde... "Hi, I hit a hole in one, what's your name?"

Here's a pic of Steve picking his ball out of the hole:
eS86z.jpg

Ok, last story about my most awesome day of GOLF which deserves to be in one of those "best/funny/worst shots ever" threads.

I came up short because I tried to baby a pitching wedge with the wind behind me (and I have no club in between my 46 degree pitching wedge and my 60 degree lob wedge) and landed into a trap. I had to carry the trap 8 yards and so I wanted to hit it hard to make sure i wasn't stuck in there. well i got way too much of it and it hit the BACK NET that sits behind the green. it bounces off the back net like arena football and bounces off the hill and then rolls all the way to 4 feet from the pin (pin high). i ended up missing the put but i would GLADLY take bogie instead of OB penalty and such. Also, i wouldn't have been able to look those guys in the face if I had saved par! here's the pic for reference:
GbpwM.jpg

God, I love golf.

yeah one of my favorite golf days ever.

i went par par birdie to start the first 3 holes and i was thinking "oh... crap. this is gonna be an intense round. BRING IT ON BABY!" Funny thing is i still had a few flubs in the round where i hardly got it past the women's tee... but i stayed strong and positive on those 2nd and 3rd shots, and had a hell of a time. I think i hit 5 or 6 / 9 greens which was great considering my bag of clubs and the crazy winds in the bay area here.

yeah one of my favorite golf days ever.

i went par par birdie to start the first 3 holes and i was thinking "oh... crap. this is gonna be an intense round. BRING IT ON BABY!" Funny thing is i still had a few flubs in the round where i hardly got it past the women's tee... but i stayed strong and positive on those 2nd and 3rd shots, and had a hell of a time. I think i hit 5 or 6 / 9 greens which was great considering my bag of clubs and the crazy winds in the bay area here.

sounds like a blast! those are the days that keep you coming back to golf over and over again. is hitting those perfect shots and putting up those low rounds!

oh, forgot to add that the guy who got the hole in one was 1 over heading into the hole. he ended up parring the course which tied his personal best.

woohoo. can't friggin wait to post again in this thread after my first round with the new black pearls. WHERE ARE YOU, CLUBS?

ordered the CG7's on the 28th last month. waiting patiently.

Thanks due, especially for not mentioning the front 9! Have fun today in omaha.

Wish you were joining the fun Dub, these guy's are a bunch of fun and the Iron Horse course is really cool. I'm heading out in a few, but still time if you can break away.

Played 36 at my "home" course today and had a really good day (Harborside International; Port Course)

First 18: 81 (9-over). 1 birdie; 4 bogeys; 3 double bogeys. 50% Fairways; 50% GIRs; 34 putts.

Second 18: 73 (1-over). 5 birdies; 6 bogeys. 71% Fairways; 61% GIRs; 31 putts.

Played 36 at my "home" course today and had a really good day (Harborside International; Port Course)

First 18: 81 (9-over). 1 birdie; 4 bogeys; 3 double bogeys. 50% Fairways; 50% GIRs; 34 putts.

Second 18: 73 (1-over). 5 birdies; 6 bogeys. 71% Fairways; 61% GIRs; 31 putts.

wow nice rounds! its amazing how much your scores changed with the amount of fairways you hit!

wow nice rounds! its amazing how much your scores changed with the amount of fairways you hit!

Thanks, bridges. It felt good, especially since about 2-weeks ago I shot my worst score of the season.

With respect to the fairways/score, this course is links-style with 3-feet-long fescue off the intermediate rough, so hitting the fairways is of utmost importance to scoring. Having no blow-up holes helps too.

nice rounds interlooper!

no problem man!

3 feet fescue? no thank you il pass on that! lol

But no trees. And the fairways are a bit wider in areas.

I found this type of fescue twice on my first 18 today.
Port.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back