THP Event Random Memories Thread

2014 Bridgestone Championship

Playing with tpluff on Sunday the Championship course driving down the 13th fairway and him waving at someone in a house...

Oh wait, no one was in the house, it was a statue!!!

Also during the first round with The Deans, just giving ddec gimme putts all over the green and then watching him sink them for confirmation

2014 Ocean City Invitational

making the turn with amsmith and JB coming up to us and asking us how it was going and we said okay we feel pretty good and he says: "good you guys were my pick" and amsmith and I look at each other and we're like "oh no!"

That food was so good and that weekend was a blast.
2014 King Orlando

War Eagle, Tadashi and Buckjob helping me walk back and forth to the Tour Van to bring food up to two different suites for the pairings dinners. It was like 20 trips each with our hands full. Hysterical stuff, but so worth it.

Morgan Cup 2012. Bridgestone's first year.

"I just got Bridge Slapped."

Callaway Apex Ultimate Club Testing 2013 Orlando

Matt Haneline telling Mward he should be in the stock shafts and he was right in between stiff and regular and him looking like his head was about to explode. I literally laughed harder than I have during any fitting I have ever seen.

Callaway Apex Ultimate Club Testing 2013 Orlando

Matt Haneline telling Mward he should be in the stock shafts and he was right in between stiff and regular and him looking like his head was about to explode. I literally laughed harder than I have during any fitting I have ever seen.

#190yardsoffthetee

Indy 2013 -

Sunday round after the event. A bunch of us are standing on a bridge watching Canadan, MikeDean, O'Carroll and Amsmith come in. O'Carroll hooks one right at us, we all scatter and duck and cover, ball hits the bridge and kicks left right onto the green within 10 feet from the hole. I wish I had a picture of the look of disgust on Canadan's face. Same round, riding with Rob "Rammer Jammer" Dean, and he drives into the area that clearly says "NO CARTS". Cart turns off, we have to wait for a ranger to come find us to restart the cart for us. Haha

I. Love. This. Thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seth just reminded me of one from 2014 Morgan Cup.

After the Dotcom victory and lunch/celebration, we head back to the villa to get cleaned up. I think we ended up with Seth's golf clubs for some reason. If I remember correctly, he was being a huge drama queen about them getting stolen or something.

Anyway, he comes to collect them. Walks in all liquored up in his tight red golf shirt. Chest puffed out, shirt just bursting at the seams, running into stuff, making sure everybody knew his team won. It was like sending a giant drunk gorilla into a funeral parlor lol.
"I'm not leaving until I get my clubs." *opens fridge and grabs a beer* "I'm drinking this." *turns to the counter and tears open a bag of chips* "and I'm eating ALL of these…"

Indy 2013 -

Sunday round after the event. A bunch of us are standing on a bridge watching Canadan, MikeDean, O'Carroll and Amsmith come in. O'Carroll hooks one right at us, we all scatter and duck and cover, ball hits the bridge and kicks left right onto the green within 10 feet from the hole. I wish I had a picture of the look of disgust on Canadan's face. Same round, riding with Rob "Rammer Jammer" Dean, and he drives into the area that clearly says "NO CARTS". Cart turns off, we have to wait for a ranger to come find us to restart the cart for us. Haha
And rolled in the birdie putt to win the match. One of my prized possessions. A signed dollar from Canadan that reads "I rubbed this damn dollar all over that damn bridge."

The 2014 Ultimate Testing with Taylormade was also a treat. I think it was around 35° on the range when we started opening and testing those Tour Preferred Irons

aga7udav.jpg

Theres my man NUTTHALLS

Indy 2013 -

IM still mad about that, they had 0 business winning that hole

TaylorMade Ultimate Club Testing TP Irons

MikeDean and A Player from TaylorMade having a bromance and then Deano hitting that tree three times with wedges. Turning back to the cart and saying "Your wedges are garbag".

2014 THP Invitational Hilton Head

MikeDean out of the cart after about 11 hours, gets on the concrete range and literally hits this palm tree to the right of the range 15 times in a row. Drops the club, turns around and says "this is stupid".

2013 Morgan Cup - An in depth talk with WCBM, lambro and Icey on breast feeding techniques that may have involved a few drinks before.

2014 Morgan Cup - Puttin4Bird texting me the day before it started asking how everything was going, only to show up a few hours later to play.

SeeMore event - Johnny Mojo (aka UTurn) showing up at the airport to pick Cookie and I up with a handle of Titos ready to go in the car.

Callaway event in Dallas - Reading a putt for MattyH on 18 only to see him do the opposite of what I said and have him apologize and say I was right. :D

2014 THP Invitational Hilton Head

MikeDean out of the cart after about 11 hours, gets on the concrete range and literally hits this palm tree to the right of the range 15 times in a row. Drops the club, turns around and says "this is stupid".
Oh…the "441 Palm:"

c4d1b16fce6dfc7dc4fd31246958bdc1.jpg

MC Practice Round - AD, Paladin, GolferBest and I went out for a round and about 6 holes Golferbest and I are doing our "act" if you will and Donne says to Steve, "I'm so glad I only have one round with you guys. This is the reason you're paired together. I don't think anyone else on our team would be able to play serious golf with either of you."

For the record, I'd do it again right now, multiple rounds would be even better...if you could ever get Jeremiah to pick up a club again. Pretty sure you ruined him for life...I mean, how do you play golf again without Adam if you have ever played with Adam. I know that's why I haven't had the desire to play all summer.

The original THP Outing in April 2010.

I was invited to stay at JB and GG's house, and I was kinda worried (as I am sure they were), since the first two people who stayed there were important parts of the forum and turned out to be not so nice people and left the forum shortly after their visits. I had just become a moderator a month or so before and I know they had to be wondering how it would turn out.

I am still here over five years later and still have my position, so I guess it turned out ok!

I don't think anyone expected that relatively small gathering to begin what turned out to be an incredible series of events at THP.

Last edited:
The 2014 Ultimate Testing with Taylormade was also a treat. I think it was around 35° on the range when we started opening and testing those Tour Preferred Irons

attachment.php

aga7udav.jpg

a5u7y4an.jpg

Omg that was ridiculous cold that weekend lol, I want a do over.

2014 MC, dinner Saturday night. Wardy will remember this and maybe want to forget it but it entailed me accidentally walking into the ladies room and then having a heart to heart with him.

Omg that was ridiculous cold that weekend lol, I want a do over.

I hadn't had a frost delay keep me off the course in years. That was miserable.

Watching Freddie and Jimmy coming in on 18 at the 2014 Morgan Cup, the expression on jimmy's face was priceless and watching Freddie lay back so he cod feel the moment is one of the biggest things I've seen a man do. Etched in my memory for life.

JB's iron shot on 18 at caledonia was a great memory, he slotted it perfectly and the entire back 9 leading up to that moment was one of the greatest battles in golf. It was just a moment but will last for eternity.

Filming Arydolphin at True Blue on a par 3 and he hit a smoking shank and I forgot the camera was on and saying out loud holy $hit he just hit a shank lol, it was funny at the time.

I hadn't had a frost delay keep me off the course in years. That was miserable.

Haha I loved when you and I were at the range trying to figure the irons out in the afternoon, I think it got to a balmy 45° lol

Haha I loved when you and I were at the range trying to figure the irons out in the afternoon, I think it got to a balmy 45° lol

The conversation on that range was fun. A motivational speaker's nightmare but it was still fun.

2014 Grandaddy

I think we are on #4 of the Pete course at the Hideaway. I step up and stripe a drive down the left side of the fairway. Hashtag looks at my shot and says, "hey Steve, just to let you know, I am going to outdrive you on this hole". He then proceeds to step up and hit an identical drive and the balls appear to be right next to each other. As we get to the shots we see that his ball is about 4 inches further and less than a yard to the left of my ball. As Chad starts to claim his long drive, I look over and say "well I teed up a yard behind the marker so...claim it if you want!" Followed by high fives and laughs.

The meal at the sushi tepan grill place after the first day of competition. Everyone was in good spirits as the overall score was close and the anticipation of singles announcements was intense. There was food being tossed to us by the chef, ScottyG was trying to get me to chug my sake (he fights dirty) and half our table was giving Wardy grief for one thing or another, yet he had a quality response for all of the flak. It was so fun because these were very new friends and it felt like I'd known all of them for years. It was one of those dinners where your face hurts from laughing so much.

At the ECPC and I took a moment to step to the side of the putting green and soak in the image of THPers getting fitted and getting instruction from Roger Cleveland. Looking over and seeing JB just absolutely beaming. He didn't want to get fitted or swing a club, he just wanted to watch the rest of us enjoy, like a proud parent on Christmas.

Back