The 2015 Gauntlet w/ Callaway Golf - THP Major Series

I showed up last year with an SLDR 430 in an embroidered Titleist staff bag. I set the bar high for you.

Fun story, last year I had my Titleist staff bag on a cart, Finley walks by it and says loud enough for the guys in the pro shop to hear, "Hey look, some asshole is going on tour with Titleist."

Now that is effing great lol. That's my kinda fun right there.

And to this day (including yesterday) Finley believes that was the definition of an internet golfer. Hell after blugold hit a poor drive on the 1st tee, Finley says "LOFT UP". It was interesting knowing blugold said he had other bags, to show up with the big staff bag of another brand, but it is what it is. They took it in stride until Mr. Gold did not play to his index and Finley laid into him yesterday after being called out.

And to this day (including yesterday) Finley believes that was the definition of an internet golfer. Hell after blugold hit a poor drive on the 1st tee, Finley says "LOFT UP". It was interesting knowing blugold said he had other bags, to show up with the big staff bag of another brand, but it is what it is. They took it in stride until Mr. Gold did not play to his index and Finley laid into him yesterday after being called out.

Thus the don't be a Richard rule went into effect. Haha

All of this is true.

Reading the stories from last year is making me even more excited for this!

I was actually worried that I would look like a Callaway roadie when I show up with 11/12 out of 14 clubs being Callaway, playing Chrome Softs, wearing a Callaway hat, X Vibe shoes and rock my red/white/blue Odyssey belt. I could bust out a couple Cally polos to complete the total suck up....

Nope, last year I had 14/14, bag, SR2, X Vibes, Callaway Hat, Glove, Shorts, and Shirt (maybe socks too). I had the sunglasses but I figured that would just be over the top.

I was actually worried that I would look like a Callaway roadie when I show up with 11/12 out of 14 clubs being Callaway, playing Chrome Softs, wearing a Callaway hat, X Vibe shoes and rock my red/white/blue Odyssey belt. I could bust out a couple Cally polos to complete the total suck up....

I say bust them out and wear them proudly!

We're playing with 6 people from the company, being taught by a legend, and getting gear. I think all that would be encouraged and welcomed.

Thus the don't be a Richard rule went into effect. Haha
At no point was I, or Finley, a Richard. It was an honor to play in that event and for him.

We're playing with 6 people from the company, being taught by a legend, and getting gear. I think all that would be encouraged and welcomed.

And I will have my Callaway soundbox/sunglass case with me if we want to listen to tunes!

The funny thing is, it won't be anything different than what I normally rock at the course. Last night I was wearing/using all of those except the polo at the range. I am a real homer, not a suck up if that is worth anything :act-up:

Hey did you guys hear that Roger Cleveland is going to be at the gauntlet... Haha man gives me chills thinking about taking my first ever lesson with one of the greatest wedge makers of all time. If this doesn't help my wedge game nothing will haha. Oh the MD3 wedge will help too.

The 2015 Gauntlet w/ Callaway Golf - THP Major Series

Maybe they will ask me how to get on kzg staff as well.

Haha damn I am laughing so hard right now thinking about the look on his face.

He wanted to hit the shafts so badly but just couldn't bring himself to do it .

I have Nike blades as well I hope they take it easy on my I'm fragile .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent a couple hours at the short game area today working on my wedgeducation. Lots of shots out of the bunker, 25 to 35 yard high pitches, greenside up and downs. Always need more work but it felt great to get some good focused practice in. Highlight for me was at the end when I dropped 15 balls near the green, in the fringe and in the rough, and I got up and down with 13 out of the 15. Much better use of my time than going out for a round.

d535ae0473161094f5c095f8d570f46c.jpg

Next time, I'll need a bucket of beers with me to really get some good Team Rhi prep in.

Spent a couple hours at the short game area today working on my wedgeducation. Lots of shots out of the bunker, 25 to 35 yard high pitches, greenside up and downs. Always need more work but it felt great to get some good focused practice in. Highlight for me was at the end when I dropped 15 balls near the green, in the fringe and in the rough, and I got up and down with 13 out of the 15. Much better use of my time than going out for a round.

Next time, I'll need a bucket of beers with me to really get some good Team Rhi prep in.

Where were you practicing at?

@MSH134 is hooking me up big time by lending me a 56° for the next month. Having never played one, this will be a big benefit.

da1be7b9fe368bac315630a0030702f3.jpg

#Gauntletprep

Apex AW got me my 1st birdie of the day on 5 from 132 (little wind at the back...).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully that changes. Its the Gauntlet, one of the THP Majors and going to be an amazing weekend. New Callaway gear, a new wedge, wedge lessons from Roger Cleveland.

I never said that I wasn't excited. I'm not apologizing for having a quiet personality and not being able to be "on" all the time. My teammates know I'm here and with them now, in Chicago, and after.

Whoa. Nobody said apologize for anything.
Okay...Im closing the door and slowly stepping backward. Carry on everybody.

Hope everybody has a great weekend.

That was a miscommunication. It's AJ's team that has to get frosted tips.

I think I bleached 75 hair swatches today so I can certainly arrange for that on Friday night. Just tell me how much bleach to bring!

I think we could fit quite a few beers in that little green bucket!

It is absolutely ridiculous how jealous I am of you guys.

Time with Roger Cleveland, and a brand new wedge? Yeah that's ridiculously amazing.
Cog Hill? Super amazing.
Top Golf? That "A" word again.
A chance to team up with THP'ers and your Callaway captains. You guessed it. Amazing.

Not being able to be there...... heart-breaking.

Following along, post after post, and picture after picture. Still pretty awesome!

GO TEAM RHI!!!!!

Fun story, last year I had my Titleist staff bag on a cart, Finley walks by it and says loud enough for the guys in the pro shop to hear, "Hey look, some asshole is going on tour with Titleist."

Laughed out loud reading that because I can hear him saying it. Amazing.

Getting some Gauntlet prep in today.

Today's goal: 9 GIRs, 32 putts. The greens I'm playing will be slow and are hard to read, but that just means I need to knock it tight haha

11 GIRs, 32 putts. Need to get that down to 30.

#TeamRhi is ready

MillerTime is coming up to my neck of the woods Sunday to show case his skills. I think I'll let him take the old man on in a little match play (with my pops of course) to prep him for this awesome event :golf2: Let's see,,,,, my handicap is around 20 now I think :act-up:

Back