True Temper Iron Shaft Project

oh boy! i had one of the worst practice sessions of my life today. ok, it wasn't that bad. but i found that i'm hitting balls out on the toe and that's very new to me. i think it's more of an alignment issue, and this alignment issue has really been brought about since having the midsize grips on my irons. i didn't hit everything out of the toe but about 70% of everything i hit with my irons. it wasn't a problem with the driver or the hybrid so it must be my alignment, or perhaps i need to check my lie angles.

it was kind of frustrating to say the least. i also find it irritating that this happens the day before i'm set to play!

oh boy! i had one of the worst practice sessions of my life today. ok, it wasn't that bad. but i found that i'm hitting balls out on the toe and that's very new to me. i think it's more of an alignment issue, and this alignment issue has really been brought about since having the midsize grips on my irons. i didn't hit everything out of the toe but about 70% of everything i hit with my irons. it wasn't a problem with the driver or the hybrid so it must be my alignment, or perhaps i need to check my lie angles.

it was kind of frustrating to say the least. i also find it irritating that this happens the day before i'm set to play!

I've had some of my worst practice sessions before some of my best rounds, TC. Just try to forget it and go play tomorrow ;)

I've had some of my worst practice sessions before some of my best rounds, TC. Just try to forget it and go play tomorrow ;)

thanks hawk.

i'm just more concerned about this on the toe issue. it's very foreign and now it's in my brain.

Do you think you have been hitting them that way for awhile or just today?

Do you think you have been hitting them that way for awhile or just today?

nah, mostly today. i wonder if it was a lot more mental. you know how that goes, you get some weirdness happening and you can't shake it. i won't sweat it too much but i think i need to get on a lie board asap.

I was gonna say what Hawk said, but I saw his post so I havent said it. But really you will probably shoot one of you best rounds. It's really those sessions that are the best sometimes because they really bring you back to the basics. I'm sure whatever it is, you will figure it out. Go out and TC that course tomorrow man. Make it rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was gonna say what Hawk said, but I saw his post so I havent said it. But really you will probably shoot one of you best rounds. It's really those sessions that are the best sometimes because they really bring you back to the basics. I'm sure whatever it is, you will figure it out. Go out and TC that course tomorrow man. Make it rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha, thanks man! hopefully i can represent, and get some business!!!

hitting the toe really sucks... but whatever you do... dont adjust your stance so that you get closer to the ball... trust me on this... id much rather hit on the toe all day long and lose distance than to step closer and get the shanks... thats a worse problem to get rid of...

guess the honeymoon period is already over tc? i wouldnt sweat it... dont even think about it... go watch a movie/relax... then you'll be ready to pound the ball pure

hitting the toe really sucks... but whatever you do... dont adjust your stance so that you get closer to the ball... trust me on this... id much rather hit on the toe all day long and lose distance than to step closer and get the shanks... thats a worse problem to get rid of...

guess the honeymoon period is already over tc? i wouldnt sweat it... dont even think about it... go watch a movie/relax... then you'll be ready to pound the ball pure

thanks russ. i suppose i'll find out how everything is at around 1 o'clock. i'm pretty sure that i was rushing a good bit yesterday which really doesn't help anything. when i get quick, bad things happen.

thanks russ. i suppose i'll find out how everything is at around 1 o'clock. i'm pretty sure that i was rushing a good bit yesterday which really doesn't help anything. when i get quick, bad things happen.

Rushing NEVER works for me. My best shots are when I take the time to do things properly. Do things properly and your brain will be at ease as it knows everything is right. Then you can hit a great ball. I know rushing is one of my things, we all have that I wanna get out and crush that ball mentality sometimes. It's just a matter of overcoming it. Overcome it and you'll have a great round, which I'm sure you will!! Best of luck out there today TC!

Rushing NEVER works for me. My best shots are when I take the time to do things properly. Do things properly and your brain will be at ease as it knows everything is right. Then you can hit a great ball. I know rushing is one of my things, we all have that I wanna get out and crush that ball mentality sometimes. It's just a matter of overcoming it. Overcome it and you'll have a great round, which I'm sure you will!! Best of luck out there today TC!

thanks 9I, that's really good stuff to keep in mind. the last thing i need to do is recall yesterday's range session. i'll consciously try to slow things down a bit today.

everyone check out true temper's facebook page!!!!

if you've had a eagle and share your story with them, you have a chance to win some dynamic gold tour issue shafts!!

let's see a THP forum member bring these home.

http://www.facebook.com/TrueTemperGolf

sweet! thanks tc... facebook time... i love having the chance to win stuff... hahaha

well, i just got home from my round of golf and i only have one thing to say:

NEW CAREER LOW ROUND!!!!!

i shot a 74 today and just hit the ball beautifully. i was so worried after yesterdays range session but i got a little more over the ball and that seemed to do the trick. i also outplayed by potential customer by two strokes (have no fears i meet with them next week). he was super competitive and from the start. there was minimal business talk, just good ol' fashion smack talk and some good golf to boot!

i intentionally just slowed everything down and just let the Rifle's do their work and i hit the ball so pure all day. i am ecstatic and will be celebrating over a couple of cold ones.

we played one up from the tips (6354 yards; 70.7/129)

went out in 39, came home in 35!!!!!

hit 14/14 fwys
hit 13/18 girs
had 32 putts
12 pars
2 birdies
2 bogeys
2 doubles

Dude awesome round!! Congrats on the low round!!!

nice round tc! 14/14 fairways, thats awesome!!!

it was by far the best day off the tee in my life. it didn't matter what was out there, the ball was going exactly where i wanted it to. have i ever mentioned how much i love the MIYAZAKI?

Nice ma fren!!!!!!
it was by far the best day off the tee in my life. it didn't matter what was out there, the ball was going exactly where i wanted it to. have i ever mentioned how much i love the MIYAZAKI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, i just got home from my round of golf and i only have one thing to say:

NEW CAREER LOW ROUND!!!!!

i shot a 74 today and just hit the ball beautifully. i was so worried after yesterdays range session but i got a little more over the ball and that seemed to do the trick. i also outplayed by potential customer by two strokes (have no fears i meet with them next week). he was super competitive and from the start. there was minimal business talk, just good ol' fashion smack talk and some good golf to boot!

i intentionally just slowed everything down and just let the Rifle's do their work and i hit the ball so pure all day. i am ecstatic and will be celebrating over a couple of cold ones.

we played one up from the tips (6354 yards; 70.7/129)

went out in 39, came home in 35!!!!!

hit 14/14 fwys
hit 13/18 girs
had 32 putts
12 pars
2 birdies
2 bogeys
2 doubles

I hear ya big guy!!!!!!! Great round of golf for my buddy :eek:)

Was it the shaft or your swing being on the "A" game today? hmmmmmmmmm I need a shaft like that in my big stick if it works automatic like that :golf2:

Was it the shaft or your swing being on the "A" game today? hmmmmmmmmm I need a shaft like that in my big stick if it works automatic like that :golf2:

i think it was a combination of both to tell you the truth. it's nice knowing that i don't have to worry about ballooning balls of the tee, and the feel is just temendous, i'd even say it inspires confidence. make sense?

Wow... 14/14? Congrats on the round.

Congrats TC

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back