Bridgestone e6 Alternative...

imscottr

I Like Show Tunes!
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been playing the e6 and absolutely love the ball! But my wallet doesn't love it so much. Would anyone know a cheaper alternative to the e6? I know no two balls perform the same, but it would be nice to find something similar for cheaper, since that's what I was fitted for.

Any information you can provide would be most appreciated!

Thanks!
Scott

I have been playing the e6 and absolutely love the ball! But my wallet doesn't love it so much. Would anyone know a cheaper alternative to the e6? I know no two balls perform the same, but it would be nice to find something similar for cheaper, since that's what I was fitted for.

Thanks!
Scott

Rather than change up to another ball, when you love this one, why not try and find last years version (e6+) or hit up knet for some used golf balls. It might be the best way to go and still get the ball you love.

Rather than change up to another ball, when you love this one, why not try and find last years version (e6+) or hit up knet for some used golf balls. It might be the best way to go and still get the ball you love.

I am playing Zstars from Knet and I am really impressed. And, at 1.50/ball they aren't that expensive to loose!

def go to knet

When I went to my Bridgestone fitting the guy there (I unfortunately forget his name) he told me that pretty much any soft ball will do the trick for me such as the Nike PD Soft instead of the e6 I was fit for. I'm not too sure how others would stack up in the end, but it may be worth a look. Or definitely check out last years e6+. I used to until my stores ran out.... now I'm on this years e6.

Hmm - never really crossed my mind to do this. I'll give that a try. I didn' tknow there was last years models.

I really do love the ball, and Bridgestone as a company. They are top notch in my book. Wish I could afford to pay the $27 a dozen.

Thanks for all the reply's guys! You guys are always such a big help. :)

Hmm - never really crossed my mind to do this. I'll give that a try. I didn' tknow there was last years models.

I really do love the ball, and Bridgestone as a company. They are top notch in my book. Wish I could afford to pay the $27 a dozen.

Thanks for all the reply's guys! You guys are always such a big help. :)

also check in at your local Target if you have one. when i was on the coast i went to Target to pick up some deodorant, decided to browse the golf ball section and they were selling the new E series balls for $14.99 a dozen. it may have been a fluke but i nabbed a couple of dozen for uncle daddy.

Thanks!
Scott

I would give burner (with LDP!) and Diablo a try.
I compared e6, burner, diablo and some other balls some month ago (looking for long/straight of the tee, soft feel and good short game performance).
Off the tee Burner and Diablo are much longer. Esp. one mishits i lost distance with e6.
Burner is the straightest of the tee (low spin ball). Diablo spins most.
Trajectory of Diablo is higher than e6.

Short game: Diablo spins most. Very nice.
Putting: Diablo holds the line.
Cover hardness: Diablo - 89 (similiar to tour balls); e6 - 95; burner - 96

windy conditions: 1. Burner 2. E6 3. Diablo

also check in at your local Target if you have one. when i was on the coast i went to Target to pick up some deodorant, decided to browse the golf ball section and they were selling the new E series balls for $14.99 a dozen. it may have been a fluke but i nabbed a couple of dozen for uncle daddy.

Pffft! Will head there after work! (I think I pass three stores on my way home from work.) Thanks for the heads up!

I agree with above, check out Knetgolf and don't forget about lostgolfballs...two good companies with great deals.

that E6 is basically just a distance ball designed to reduce spin, I would imagine that most cheap soft balls would perform similarly

things like the pinnacle exception of the Noodle to name a couple

I would give burner (with LDP!) and Diablo a try.
I compared e6, burner, diablo and some other balls some month ago (looking for long/straight of the tee, soft feel and good short game performance).
Off the tee Burner and Diablo are much longer. Esp. one mishits i lost distance with e6.
Burner is the straightest of the tee (low spin ball). Diablo spins most.
Trajectory of Diablo is higher than e6.

Short game: Diablo spins most. Very nice.
Putting: Diablo holds the line.
Cover hardness: Diablo - 89 (similiar to tour balls); e6 - 95; burner - 96

windy conditions: 1. Burner 2. E6 3. Diablo

You found the cover hardness of the Diablo similar to tour balls? Really?

In our testing of the Diablo, we got virtually no spin and comparing to the other two you mentioned it was not even close.

The other two balls you mention are three piece balls and the Diablo is a two piece ball. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Glad it is working for you though.

Last edited:
that E6 is basically just a distance ball designed to reduce spin, I would imagine that most cheap soft balls would perform similarly

things like the pinnacle exception of the Noodle to name a couple

Not sure I agree there. The e6 is a three piece ball that has a dimple pattern designed to reduce side spin.

Ironically it is very similar to that of the NXT Tour (also a 3 piece ball with a hard cover), but most talk about the spin properties of that because of how it is marketed (in my opinion)

You found the cover hardness of the Diablo similar to tour balls? Really?

In our testing of the Diablo, we got virtually no spin and comparing to the other two you mentioned it was not even close.

The other two balls you mention are three piece balls and the Diablo is a two piece ball.

JB,

i took the official data of GolfBallTest.org.
For example (cover hardness):
Tour balls:
- Bridgestone B330 S - 89
- Z-Star - 91
- TP-Red - 90

Spin (Golf Digest):
- Burner : 3800
- E6: 4550
- Diablo: 4892

They have some real interesting data if they want to compare the cover hardness of a surlyn/ionomer cover to that of urethane. The two are not even remotely close, and there is a reason that every single premium ball is made with a urethane cover. But like i said, different strokes for different folks. Im just glad its working for you.

JB,

i took the official data of GolfBallTest.org.
For example (cover hardness):
Tour balls:
- Bridgestone B330 S - 89
- Z-Star - 91
- TP-Red - 90

Spin (Golf Digest):
- Burner : 3800
- E6: 4550
- Diablo: 4892

They have some real interesting data if they want to compare the cover hardness of a surlyn/ionomer cover to that of urethane. The two are not even remotely close, and there is a reason that every single premium ball is made with a urethane cover. But like i said, different strokes for different folks. Im just glad its working for you.

Isn't overall compression rating (the two number system) a little bit different that straight-up cover hardness? I'd imagine that most cheaper balls that are soft (easy to compress) actually have a hard (non-urethane) cover. Set me straight, but I think we're talking about two separate concepts!!

Isn't overall compression rating (the two number system) a little bit different that straight-up cover hardness? I'd imagine that most cheaper balls that are soft (easy to compress) actually have a hard (non-urethane) cover. Set me straight, but I think we're talking about two separate concepts!!

It certainly is, but I dont know the site and you wrote Cover Hardness, so I assumed that is what they were referring to. The hardness of the actual cover of the ball. Not the compression rating or the core.

Actually, I didn't write cover hardness... that was golfo5 who posted the raw data. But I agree, I think "cover hardness" should be replaced with "compression ratio" in that particular case.

Just trying to help clear things up.

Actually, I didn't write cover hardness... that was golfo5 who posted the raw data. But I agree, I think "cover hardness" should be replaced with "compression ratio" in that particular case.

Just trying to help clear things up.

Thanks for your help.

I know you're a busy guy, JB :) I try to pitch in where I can in this here fine online community of yours.

Sometimes people seem to get hung up on advanced semantical gaga when it's quite clear what the actual intended point was meant to be. :confused2:

All right... leave it to the new guy to recommend Top Flight Gamer V2's... I typically played the e6's, Diablo's and the Nike Juice, and for the money the V2's are the best ball out there right now...

Trust me, they are not your average Rock Flight range ball, they are long off the tee, and have a decent feel around the greens...

Plus, they are offering a free sleeve with each dozen right now at Target and Golf Galaxy, and other places too I would assume at $19.99...

I've only played a few holes with an E6 (which I liked), comparable balls I have played, Diablo okay but too pricy for what it is, Burners probably fine ball but I just don't like them, Noodles really like this ball will buy when I can no longer get my favorite Wilson Zips. Right now you can buy Wilson Staff blems for $13 per two dozen at TGW website (all of the balls in my orders are no longer in production so I am sure this offer will end soon), in my first two orders 1/2 were Zips mixed in with DX2s (same feel as Zip less spin) and a couple PX3s (more spin but I lost these so fast I'm not sure how they really compared). Others that might be found cheap that are softer, Callaway Pearl (yes it's a ladies ball, but when I found one I didn't know this and really liked playing with it) I've bought some for my wife on sale for $14 a dozen, Nike Karma I like this ball too but not sure what price they are as I used to find them all over my old course. I've played a Gamer for a few holes but it felt odd to me, gave it to my Son with out saying anything and he didn't like it either but he has a high swing speed so I didn't really expect him to like it, maybe it was flawed somehow.

I know the nxt tour is comparable to the e6 and if you have a scheels in your area you can pick up a reconditioned or whatever dozen of nxt tours for 9.99.

Back