SethO's GolfTec Training Thread

SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
I kind of hate to start a thread with my name in the title like I am someone special, but what else am I going to call it?

Anyway, I started my GolfTec lessons this evening with a 90 minute evaluation. Anybody who has seen my swing knows that it is pretty ugly and I have been spraying the ball. I am not a person who takes well to performing poorly at anything, so I decided to get some help to bring my game to where I want it to be.

I will update this thread with my progress and include pictures from the training sessions. I will keep the name of the instructor secret until I can get his permission to post it on here. I told him about the site and he was VERY interested. He said that he loved the name, so I imagine that he might see this thread.

so how was lesson #1?

Good for you SethO. I look forward to hearing about your progress. I just talked to an instructor and we havent set a start date yet. I am nervous about the first lesson. Was the initial lesson positive? Did he give you anything to work on until the next lesson?

It was the bomb dude. He hooked me up to a harness and got a bunch of numbers. A lot of stuff was bad, but by the end, all my numbers were good. It was amazing. I have more to say, but I have a honking steak waiting for me to eat it. Stay tuned tomorrow because I am going to update the thread with pictures.

It was the bomb dude. He hooked me up to a harness and got a bunch of numbers. A lot of stuff was bad, but by the end, all my numbers were good. It was amazing. I have more to say, but I have a honking steak waiting for me to eat it. Stay tuned tomorrow because I am going to update the thread with pictures.

mmm, honking steak! please tell me you left out the lemon pepper?

can't wait for the update.

Great to hear Seth. Hope you can find the kwan of your swing.

Good for you SethO. I look forward to hearing about your progress. I just talked to an instructor and we havent set a start date yet. I am nervous about the first lesson. Was the initial lesson positive? Did he give you anything to work on until the next lesson?

Do it man! My first lesson was very positive. He corrected my most glairing swing flaw and gave me a drill to work on. We have a 6 month stretch of lessons where I take a lesson every other week. They use video and other technology extensively to quantify what they are saying.

Do it man! My first lesson was very positive. He corrected my most glairing swing flaw and gave me a drill to work on. We have a 6 month stretch of lessons where I take a lesson every other week. They use video and other technology extensively to quantify what they are saying.

Sounds cool. I am taking the lessons for sure. Enjoy that steak.

that was a perfectly titled thread lol

i look forward to hearing everything. seems like a really cool experience!

Good luck Setho!! lemon pepper calloway :eek:).... you got me thanking about the southeastern trip.

Best of luck Seth. Are you going down to one of the GolfTec's in Atlanta?

Sounds cool. I am taking the lessons for sure. Enjoy that steak.

Sweet!

that was a perfectly titled thread lol

i look forward to hearing everything. seems like a really cool experience!

Thanks man!

Good luck Setho!! lemon pepper calloway :eek:).... you got me thanking about the southeastern trip.

I did not ruin my steak by marinating it in lemon juice this time. Just a sprinkle during cooking.

Best of luck Seth. Are you going down to one of the GolfTec's in Atlanta?

Sure am. I am going to the one in Duluth.

Good luck Seth.

Very cool Seth...I cant wait to see you on the tour

Cool stuff Seth. I'm looking forward to the details. I've been on the fence about giving GolfTec a try since they are a bit more expensive than golf pro lessons at the local courses. The technology they use seems pretty cool though.

So, I had a terrible lesson today. It was terrible because of me though. I have been hitting the ball pretty well the last few weeks, but my body is tired and I just could not find my swing and I reverted back to some old stuff. We were going to work on my takeaway, but he changed his mind and decided to work on what we worked on during the first lesson. I have one bad day in two weeks and it just happens to fall on a lesson day. I knew it warming up too because I could not hit the ball crisply at all. I can't tell you how mad I was that my body was not doing what I was telling it to do. Uhg

Don't let it get you down Seth we all have those days. I can't tell you how many times I have had a bad range session and come home and told JB that I quit. Usually when you have a bad day the next time out is awesome!

Don't let it get you down Seth we all have those days. I can't tell you how many times I have had a bad range session and come home and told JB that I quit. Usually when you have a bad day the next time out is awesome!

Thanks GG. This lesson left me more detirmined to be better. I am going to take a break this weekend and go fishing in Pensacola. I am going to come back and break the hell out of 90.

Thanks GG. This lesson left me more detirmined to be better. I am going to take a break this weekend and go fishing in Pensacola. I am going to come back and break the hell out of 90.

Rock on Seth! A little break while you've been grinding so hard lately will do you great! Have fun fishing!

Third lesson went very well. I had told him at my first lesson that the goal of 89 after 6 months was not good enough, that I wanted to shoot a 79. Well, I told him that I shot an 89 and he was very surprised and very happy. I had broke my 6 month goal after 2 lessons. He finally entered 79 as my 6 month goal. He gave me a GolfTec had and a coupon for a free hour long fitting to give to one of my friends.

Now, about my lesson. We worked on my backswing and coming down from the inside instead of over the top. I will try to get some pictures up soon.

I knew it! The man has talent and he will blossum like a rose :rose:!! Keep up the good work friend and there is no stopping you. The sky is the limit!!!

Thanks Gray!

I am in for a hard time with the new swing change though. It is completely foreign to me. I am practicing here in the office and it is hard to get my swing on the correct plane while I do it slowly. This may take a while.

Thanks Gray!

I am in for a hard time with the new swing change though. It is completely foreign to me. I am practicing here in the office and it is hard to get my swing on the correct plane while I do it slowly. This may take a while.

I know what you mean. One of my lessons the coach had me taking my swing back so the club head was outside of my hands. It felt like I was going way outside but it was actually what I needed to do. I would take it back that way and reroute it back to the inside with my elbow tucked on the downswing. That keeps me from turning the club too far inside on the initial backswing where the club get's stuck behind me and I end up swinging out and through the ball thus shuting the face and hooking it. My new swing feels almost like a Jim Furyk move but not so drastic :eek:).....

Back