Trying To Break 90 Club

50/49 - 99 this morning - scorecard below:

Capture_3.png

2 pars, 8 bogeys, 5 doubles, 2 triples and a quad. 33 putts (two 3 putts). Only hit 1 GIR.

Started off OK but by the 9th I was pull hooking EVERYTHING. I went ultra conservative on the back and used 7i or less off the tee box on 7 out of 9 holes just to keep the ball in play. Worked out great on two of my nemesis holes (12 & 13) where I've been OB or in the water a lot lately.

Gonna wave the white flag and go visit the swing coach for help sorting out the pull/hook.

Bright side: kept my composure, didn't get angry, changed up my game plan on the back and managed to keep it under 100.
My pull hooks came from being to upright on my backswing. Was no way for the club to get on an inside path on my downswing.
Drill that really helped me was keeping a glove under my right armpit and not let it fall. Helped me keep that back arm in tight and has really prevented those hooks

91 this morning which included two 8's and a 7.
My bunker play and short game or rather lack of it showed on those 3 holes. I have a lesson booked for the end of this week, hopefully that and practice will sort it out. Had two par putts lip out. Again this round esc's out to a 89.
677ed80c25a42478770e8b5df835d29b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot a very happy 91 yesterday. Very happy because it went 49/42; I was able to fight fatigue and frustration on the back and fix my short game. Back nine included five pars with zero GIR, which obviously needs to get fixed but means chipping was good.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I shot a 93 today, some very interesting shots, and a few costly ones, I had an 8 and three 7s, this needs to get fixed

What a difference a round makes. Shot 84(41/43) today. I need to start making more putts inside 10'. This is why that last round of 100 was so frustrating.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

What a difference a round makes. Shot 84(41/43) today. I need to start making more putts inside 10'. This is why that last round of 100 was so frustrating.

Nice job. Either make more putts of that distance or get the previous shot closer :D

Nice job. Either make more putts of that distance or get the previous shot closer :D
Good point, my short game was not great today either :)

Nice job!

Nice round! And I know what you mean about those putts, I miss far too many of those from just being lazy.

Back with an 89 this week. Finally a round without rain... definitely looking forward to summer!

Nice Round, way to go.

shot a 93 today, lost my timing on the back (hole12) when it became 2 groups on tee box waiting, sitting around waiting just ruins my game. 3 sundays in a row where slow play p'd me off.

My last two rounds have been the same way. It's the one thing I need to work on more.

I hit 8 of 11 greens to start but my proximity to the hole was not giving me any realistic birdie looks. My lag putting was so-so.

Nice round! And I know what you mean about those putts, I miss far too many of those from just being lazy.

And of course I dropped in every one on the second try. I need to relax and visualize the putt better.

shot a 93 today, lost my timing on the back (hole12) when it became 2 groups on tee box waiting, sitting around waiting just ruins my game. 3 sundays in a row where slow play p'd me off.

It definitely effects me too. Throws any groove or flow you may be in right off.

It definitely effects me too. Throws any groove or flow you may be in right off.

I have to do something to distract myself when that happens. Sometimes I practice little chips around the tee box or if I'm playing with friends we come up with a stupid bet or something to pass the time... whoever can bounce the ball on their club face the most times without dropping it, etc.

Shot a 50 at the par 35 by my house yesterday. Can't get rid of the pulls. I have a lesson scheduled for Tuesday, then off to Southern California for the weekend - including two rounds... one in Orange County and one in San Diego on Coronado Island. Hopefully we get the pull hook straightened out at my lesson.

Shot a 50 at the par 35 by my house yesterday. Can't get rid of the pulls. I have a lesson scheduled for Tuesday, then off to Southern California for the weekend - including two rounds... one in Orange County and one in San Diego on Coronado Island. Hopefully we get the pull hook straightened out at my lesson.
Hope you get the pulls sorted out and have a great trip to SoCal.

Ugh. Shot a 97 from 6500 yards, which is a personal best for me at that distance. What sucked is I had 45 putts, after only 33 last round. Everything else was on in my game. If my lag putting had been on point that might have been a sub-90 round for me.

Gotta love how this game feels like spinning plates sometimes.

I played 38 holes of match play this weekend in the club championship for the first time. Saturday I was against an older gentleman who was at one point a single digit cap, but due to some ailments had dropped to a 27 index and as a result I was giving him ten strokes, five each side. I opened up on fire with a birdie on 1 and was even after four holes, but only 3 up at the time. I got to 4 up but the rest of the match oscillated between me being +1 or +2 up as I struggled to counter him on holes he stroked. I shot a 43 on the front 9.

Back nine I didn't play too poorly outside of #14 where I hit my tee shot into the hazard and ended up with a quad. I was two up on the 17th green and just missed two putts to win the match. Opponent had a stroke on 18 so I went pin hunting with my approach to try and get a birdie and missed; ended up losing that hole and went to extra's. I shot a 49 on the back for a 92. 3/18 GIR, 7/14 FW, 29 putts.

19th hole I hit a great drive and approach, similar to the first hole of the day but just missed the birdie attempt. He par'd as well so on to the 20th hole. I finally closed him out on 20; chipped to about 6 feet and made par; he ended up with a double. My opponent shot 48 on the back as a 27 index; he certainly was a tough out.

Sunday I started off somewhat slow, I was 3 over after four and 2 Up on our match; I played real steady bogey golf the rest of the way for a 44 and I believe I was 4 up after nine. I par'd 10 to go 5 up, pushed on 11 with a mad scrambling double and won 12 with a bogey to be 6 up heading into thirteen. Ended up pushing and closing out the match 6&5 and played the rest of the way in. Ended up with a 47 on the back for a 91; which should have been an 89 but I four putted 18. d'oh. My putting was poor yesterday, ended with 38 putts. If I had made a few putts I could have closed it out much earlier. I hit 6 GIR and 11/14 FW, which was easily my best driving round of the season.

One match to go in my flight; hopefully I get it done. It was a great experience being in the pressure cooker of match play.

Nice job!

...One match to go in my flight; hopefully I get it done. It was a great experience being in the pressure cooker of match play.

Good luck in your final match!

Rounds of 42/48 = 90 and 50/46 = 96 (hated that round, surprised I even stayed in the 90's) this weekend. Then yesterday I shot a 44, driver is coming alive however my putting is in the crapper.

Rounds of 42/48 = 90 and 50/46 = 96 (hated that round, surprised I even stayed in the 90's) this weekend. Then yesterday I shot a 44, driver is coming alive however my putting is in the crapper.
You must be watching Paul putt lately :)

Just getting back into playing golf after taking a couple years off. My first two rounds back I was 100+ third round was 90+ and then one of those magical rounds happened where I shot 83 out of nowhere. Front nine was 43 back nine got interesting. I birdied 10 lipped out bird putts on 11, 12 and 14. Then the pressure got in my head and I wound up double bogey on 15 and triple bogey on 17 the rest were pars.

After that I got excited and practiced too much. By the weekend I was wore out and could barely hit a decent ball and wound up probably 100+ not sure cause I stopped keeping score after the third or fourth shank off the tee.

Hoping to find some consistency here in the future.

95 this morning. Off the tee was good, majority of my second shots were good. Short game and putting sucked again. Six 3 putts and was lucky to not have more. It's frustrating hitting well off the tee then chunking short pitch and chip shots and what should have been attempts at par ended up being doubles or bogies.

Back