You call this customer service?

jbardet

Addict
Reaction score
Handicap
Sorry if this is not the correct place for this post!

I continue to wait in agony for my cleveland cg7 BP's. My first time buying irons (only other pair were given to me by a friend).

I did everything right. Tested out clubs at 3 different places. Got fitted 3 different times. Spent 3 weeks having patience and making sure to read THP! and ask this forum lots of questions.

So then I purchased the cg7's. I was told "7-10 days, but ya know what? I've seen some clubs showing up in 3 - 5 days!"

Boy my hopes were up. Fast forward to today -- I think if I had never called them, they would have still never contacted me to let me know a status update? Why do I say this? Because every time I call to ask the status, they make me feel like a jerk, as if I don't understand how their policy works.

"Sir, we call customers as SOON as the clubs arrive!!! We will call you, don't worry!"

That's great, but what if they DON'T COME?? You'll never see my name!!!

So I called Cleveland directly and they said they were being built by a Tech Van guy (??? seemed odd to me) because they were in high demand and very little supply.

After weeks of going back and forth, getting no help whatsoever from Golf Mart (South San Francisco location), I finally was told "Wednesday you'll get your clubs, or Thursday for SURE!"

Well I sit here and wait. Wait for a phone call with good or bad news, at this point I just wish Golf Mart had the decency to attempt at something resembling customer service.

UPDATE: So I called the wonderful woman, Cathy, at Cleveland golf and she called the shop for me b/c she didn't like the way they were handling this. The Clubs are AT THE SHOP. gonna go pick them up NOW and head to the RANGE!!!!!

what the hell, i was told 50 times "We will call you sir when they arrive!" Can't believe they didn't!!!!!!

thats a shame jbardet, lesson learned now go enjoy your new sticks!

I would write a letter to Cleveland, mentioning that Cathy did a great job following up when she thought Golf Mart wasn't treating you well. Mention the names of the people at Golf Mart who blew you off. Then send a copy to the San Mateo Golf Mart's General Manager.

I know it sucks when your waiting on something you have paid for. Hopefully the wait will be well worth it. Enjoy the new sticks!

Im glad that Cleveland was able to help and was great about doing so.

at least you got your sticks, that's the important thing

I'm glad everything finally worked out. I had troubles getting the right set to me but everything ended up ok. Go give those cg7's some love at the driving range or course.

That is too bad on the customer service. But hopefully the sticks will help east the pain. I would however still write the letter to CLeveland on the great customer service and the letter to GOlf Mart blasting them for theirs.

Sorry to hear that! That would drive me crazy. I hope the CG7's treat you well - very beautiful clubs.

I would definately do what bonknhead suggested.

why in the world didn't they ship them directly to you?

seems like a waste of time to make you drive to the store when they could have sent them to you

why in the world didn't they ship them directly to you?

seems like a waste of time to make you drive to the store when they could have sent them to you

its like this with most stores though and i think its because so the main company does not have to keep up with all the personal shipping address' when they can just ship in bulk to the main compaines then have us the buyers come in and pick the stuff up. just saving on shipping costs and the fear of sending clubs to the wrong spots.

another reason a lot of chains will do this and they put the pick up area in the middle and or away from the door is because then you have to come in and they can try to tempt you into buying something... their floor is set up to get you lost or make you think you need something if you have to come in to get your brand new clubs chances are you have to pass by the bags and club cleaning stuff on the way out or in. they want you in the store, for them thats half the battle

Wow what an experience! At least you finally got your clubs! Enjoy them!!

another reason these online guys are doing so well, you can usually get the clubs for less money (and avoid paying sales tax) and they ship direct to you

if the local business doesn't have what you need in stock, there's not much reason to give them your business (although to get fit, you need to use the local shop in some capacity)

I don't know about you guys, but I won't pay our hearty local sales tax (above 9% ) if I'm not walking out the door with my stuff

It is usually up to the store on where to ship. I had mine delivered to my front door because it was too much of a round trip.

I don't know about you guys, but I won't pay our hearty local sales tax (above 9% ) if I'm not walking out the door with my stuff

Technically you should pay that tax when filling out your income tax statement. Another reason that state and city budgets are scraping bottom.

So... now that you got the goods, how'd they hit? Pics?

CLUBS ARE AWESOME!!!

i show up to the store and they have no idea where they are. they thought they were in back but the receiving guy got all mad at them cuz he had brought it up to the front counter but they didn't see it. (incompetence).

So I knew the DW was going to be on backorder because last week one of the golf mart guys told me. he even told me that he would get me a cg15 instead for the same price!but of course he didn't let anyone else know at the shop. so i show up today and they had no idea what was going on. i had to convince him that i was told i'd get the cg15. i have a tournament this weekend so they lent me a random 50 degree demo club.

at the range, i loved the clubs. 1/2 inch made a huge difference, one that will take some getting used to. but i can already feel it's a better swing. best part of the range is that my gf joined me and took videos of my swing! as soon as i figure out the best website to u/l them to, i'll put them up here.

Cheers, .. sig will be updated soon :)

Another reason that state and city budgets are scraping bottom.

I realize I'm new here and I really want to get off on the right foot but I just CAN'T let this pass. The reason City, State and Federal budgets are scraping bottom is because they SPEND MORE THAN THEY TAKE IN.......and don't manage their expenses like we all manage our own finances.

When we make less we SPEND LESS (or should)......when will government realize that taxes are NOT something that they are ENTITLED to simply because they NEED them to find uncontrolled spending but instead are a mechanism to provide for the public good.

If more cities made an effort to attract retail companies with incentives instead of looking to collect taxes because they have a need we'd all be better off. Yes sales tax does help fund local governments but also need to take responsibility for not trying to be all things to all people.:at-wits-end:

Sorry for the rant and realize it's off topic but I just couldn't let the comment pass without saying something!

That is too bad on the customer service. But hopefully the sticks will help east the pain. I would however still write the letter to CLeveland on the great customer service and the letter to GOlf Mart blasting them for theirs.

+1. Oooo Ooo! Can I write the angry letter? I havnt been able to lash out at somebody since my idiot P E teacher set two boys up to fight each other to teach the smaller one a lesson!

But yeah, write a letter. They seem to be more imposing than emails.

Here's the letter I just sent to the supervisor:

Dear Ms. Tobey,

On June 28th I ordered a left handed set of Cleveland cg7 Black Pearl irons from the Golf Mart in South San Francisco. My excitement soon turned to fear, however, as one problem led to another dealing with Golf Mart, who had, among other things, no idea the status of my order, when it would be shipped, or even what the order number was.

I called Golf Mart several times and their customer service was nonexistent. They made me feel as though I was a pest, continually telling me, "Sir, our policy is to call YOU when the clubs arrive. You don't need to call us." That's when I contacted Cleveland directly.

My first attempt at calling your customer service was a bit strange. The woman who took my call was very nice, but in the end she directed me back to Golf Mart to find out the status of the order, saying "It would be too difficult to find your order if you don't know the store number." I work in sales and customer service myself, and this was not helping me feel any closer to solving my problem.

A few days later, I gave Cleveland another shot and had the fortune of being connected with Cathy Sweetman, who I would quickly learn is a consummate professional in customer service.

In taking my call, Cathy first listened with great patience, allowing me to vent to someone for the first time. Then she took control with a "let's get to the bottom of this no matter what it takes" attitude. She made me, the customer, feel supported and like I had a teammate. When the clubs were finally shipped, she told me, "This made my day."

Describing Cathy as 'thorough' would be a gross understatement. She did everything right from our first phone call down to the final goodbye. Phone calls were followed up with e-mails, calls were returned extremely fast, and I received both early morning and late evening e-mails from Cathy.

Singlehandedly, Cathy played detective and recognized the problem which was a breakdown in communication among the manufacturer, golf shop, a tech van guy, and his liaison. Cathy solved the problem by being proactive and dedicated.

I'm sure many folks out there in customer service can get figure out why clubs were shipped late, but Cathy's interpersonal skills (including a sense of humor) make her exceptional. She made me feel great about a bad situation, which I find quite remarkable.

I hope my point is well taken and this letter receives you well.
If you would like any more information about this experience, feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,

I think that was the classy way to handle the letter, I like complimenting good service

I bcc'd her because she originally thanked me after asking for her supervisor's contact info, saying "typically we only hear about our mistakes, so thank you!" so I wanted to make certain she saw it.

I think it made her day!

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much. I really don’t know what to say. That is the nicest and most professional complimentary letter I have ever seen.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Cathy

Nicely done JBardet! :thumb: Are you going to send a different letter to Golf Mart to point out THEIR poor customer service? Seems like you can express yourself well without being vindictive.

I think their customer service is generally fine and orders get to them no problem. Being a lefty, I think that created a strain on the whole process.

Instead of whining, I think i'll show my displeasure simply by not making a purchase there again. That doesn't mean I won't go back to use their swing monitor though!

Back