Callaway Diablo Edge 11 Degree Driver - Any Experiences

tmoney

Bogey Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I have had success using a high lofted 3W at 17 degrees. I love it - off the tee and off the deck.

Going on the theory that most average players could be helped with more loft, this one has me curious. I do need to try them both out (10 and 11), but in the meanwhile I thought I would ask the board for opinions and experiences.

I see 11 as a loft option for the Diablo Edge, which is only 0.5 a degree above the standard driver loft, so it should not be a big deal. The only thing that is different is the 10 is square and the 11 is 1* closed.

Thanks.

Hey Tmoney,

I had the Diablo 10* at first and was hooking more than usual. I really liked the ball flight when I hit it flush but I was a bit inconsistent. So decided to give up some distance for the possibility of better accuracy. Took it back to the PGA SS and debated on the 11 or 13. Went with the 11 b/c it was 1 degree closed and am very satisfied with it. A little higher ball flight but as you mentioned most avg golfers need more loft. I beleive the 13* is actually 2 degrees open. I currently play the Diablo 11* and a PING Rapture V2 12*. Really enjoying both.

Thanks. We seem to be on the same path - when I first joined THP I was researching Nike Dymo2 STR8-Fit, which you were playing! Too funny.

I am not above using a high-lofted driving club, because lately I have been using my 17* 3W. 11* is less than 17*.

That is too funny T. I am actually looking into a 17* 3W. I guess we are on similar paths. Good luck with the Diablo. Let me know if you ever want to get out and tee it up.

I currently play the Cally FT-IQ 13* draw. I developed a slice and have always struggled off the tee with drivers. While my struggles continue this combination has helped alot with my slice and overall consistency. In my opinion losing a few yards in distance for better accuracy is always a good trade.

@China - LOL at the FOUR HORSEMEN!

I'm playing the 10° and it works really good for me. Previously, I used a 10.5° TM Burner and I'm actually getting better flight from the Edge. The shaft probably has a lot to do with that. I don't hit a very high ball with any club, I get a nice medium trajectory with minimal side-spin that can roooool forever if it's dry.

Definitely try both out. The 11° isn't all that high of a loft, but you will never know until you try it out..

I also play the 10* Edge and love it. she works very very well for me. but like hawk said you never know till you try. go demo the 11* and see what works for you. good luck!

Back