Srixon Z 355 Irons Preview

Going to have some pics and performance thoughts on these next week. After getting a close look at them earlier this week I am really looking forward to putting the through their paces.

I'd be excited to give these a go. Look solid for sure

Waiting for some pictures to upload. Will update the OP of this thread with some in hand pics. While that happens, I will leave you temporarily with this.

95c2529aa2310d3eadb399483f042c53.jpg

Waiting for some pictures to upload. Will update the OP of this thread with some in hand pics. While that happens, I will leave you temporarily with this.

I hate you and love you at the same time Dean.

Here i am....anxiously waiting

Wow it looks even better in hand. I'll be glued to this thread for sure.

OP updated with some in hand pics. I think when people originally read the press release on these irons, the thought they they were going to be clunky looking was out there. Really not the case for these though compared to the 545's. The sole might be a touch thicker, though it's hard to notice. Held them both side by side last week and the width wasn't the thing that stood out, it was the fact that the V sole was modified and moved a little closer to the leading edge. The cavity has a nice black badge on it with some red numbering on the inside. Really look good in person. The big difference in looks compared to the 545's is the offset, there is more of it here. Below is a picture of the 5 iron in the set. You can notice offset, but it's not what some would consider an obnoxious amount. Topline is on the thinner side of the mid range for those who worry about that. First range session with them is set for tomorrow. Really looking forward to seeing what this new sole can do. I was a pretty big fan of this past year's Srixon line, so I'm pretty excited to see how these round out that lineup.

i-W2fr9Qv-L.jpg

That offset isnt bad at all.
Hit a few dozen on the toe for me and report back

Will have to try for sure. But I told Someone this weekend, these have a serious chance of knocking the D200's out of the bag.

Im sure the THPers that are going to Up & Down w/ THP & Cleveland Golf will get a chance to test some things out and offer feedback as well.

So focused on the Up & Down portion of the event that I really didn't think of this.

I will definitely give the 355s (and anything else I can get my hands on) a shot.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

Ddec nailed it here. They look so different in hand. Thanks for the in hand pictures and looking forward to your thoughts.

Nice pictures. These seem right up my alley.

These look alright. Not overly excited, as I love the look of the 545/745/945 clubs. But I am intrigued by these clubs and the differences between them and the 545s.

Interesting - it looks to me that the location of the "V" in the sole moves a bit more across the irons than it does in the 545s.

These look really, really, nice in these pictures. I can't wait to see these in stores. Really clean looking iron.

Good eyes mpeterson, I noticed the same thing when I held them side by side. It's a really unique set of clubs that I think a lot of golfers are going to enjoy. Smaller in head size, but with enough in them to help golfers of all skill level.

Nice photos Dean, looking forward to hearing how these perform for you. I really liked the 545's but think a tad bit more forgiveness would be a great think for me in a really good looking package.

Good eyes mpeterson, I noticed the same thing when I held them side by side. It's a really unique set of clubs that I think a lot of golfers are going to enjoy. Smaller in head size, but with enough in them to help golfers of all skill level.

I'm not 100% up on golf club design, but would the "steeper" front leading edge make the shorter clubs to dig a bit more? Not that my swing's really good enough to comment on this, but I've found that on hard turf, the PW in the 545s won't get through the ground as much as other irons will, and sometimes I'll get the feeling of the club "skipping" across the ground and hitting it a bit thin. But, as I said, that could very much be my swing instead of club design.

I'm not 100% up on golf club design, but would the "steeper" front leading edge make the shorter clubs to dig a bit more? Not that my swing's really good enough to comment on this, but I've found that on hard turf, the PW in the 545s won't get through the ground as much as other irons will, and sometimes I'll get the feeling of the club "skipping" across the ground and hitting it a bit thin. But, as I said, that could very much be my swing instead of club design.

In theory (and only in theory) its possible. That would assume that the level of grind is the same and that the grind is steep enough to cause issue.

Interesting - it looks to me that the location of the "V" in the sole moves a bit more across the irons than it does in the 545s.

These look really, really, nice in these pictures. I can't wait to see these in stores. Really clean looking iron.

Good catch. Here are some quick pics I took last night on my phone when I first opened. I think you can see the V sole pretty nicely.

i-hKwWr4D-L.jpg

i-BDRcqZr-L.jpg

Nice photos Dean, looking forward to hearing how these perform for you. I really liked the 545's but think a tad bit more forgiveness would be a great think for me in a really good looking package.

I believe these will fit that bill, or at least they are said to.

I like the look of these and posted over on Facebook that I will be interested to see how these compare to the Z545 in my bag

Not sure about the shaft though as I think I hit that when trying the Z545 irons and they didn't work too well in that configuration compared to the Nippon shafts I did get

I'm in the market for new irons and am really curious to see how these compare to the Z545s. So many different clubs I want to hit this fall between the Srixons, the new Mizuno EZ Forged, the Cobra King Forged TEC, and the Ping i. I just hope one stands out and makes the case to be the new set in my bag.

I'm in the market for new irons and am really curious to see how these compare to the Z545s. So many different clubs I want to hit this fall between the Srixons, the new Mizuno EZ Forged, the Cobra King Forged TEC, and the Ping i. I just hope one stands out and makes the case to be the new set in my bag.

I feel the same way, and know of a few others coming that I cant wait to try too. This fall will be interesting in choosing, because there are tons of great sets out there. These specifically set up to my eye rather well.

there are a lot of good options out now and will be more in the near future. It's good to be a consumer. I was a fan of the 545's myself, so I am looking forward to how these stack up.

I feel the same way, and know of a few others coming that I cant wait to try too. This fall will be interesting in choosing, because there are tons of great sets out there. These specifically set up to my eye rather well.

you and me both. Sooo many good options out there.

Yeah, I'm just getting back into golf after a few years where I only played 3-5 times a summer, but I've rediscovered my love for the game. I'm completely rusty, so right now I'm shooting anywhere from a 95-110 on any given day (also playing with a mishmash of old clubs, so really need to start rebuilding my bag with clubs that suit my game). I've played about as much in the last month as the last 2 years combined. I really think I can get to a point soon where I'm consistently shooting in the mid 80s to low 90s. So while I love the looks/reviews of some of the more pro-looking irons, in reality I'd probably be much better off gaming something like the 355s instead of trying to force my game to fit with the 545s/745s.

I love the way the Srixons look, so I'm excited about the 355s because it means I don't have to sacrifice much on looks to also get a club that I can play as I'm improving, instead of buying the clubs I wish I could play and then wondering why I'm not improving as fast as I want to. Plus, I'll happily take the $200 savings over the 545/745 and use that towards a wedge or a hybrid.

I also love that they'll have a set AW available with them.

Back