Driver loft angle.

I the end. Thanks to Callaway Taylormade Adams and Cobra

I can just continue to Blame the Shoe.

But never the golfer.

I don't think a 7° is the answer at all. In general if you were to take a 9° and dial it down to 7° you are also going to be having a more closed face too IIRC.

Dropping loft opens the face, adding loft closes it.

Ok my bad!

You need to be seriously careful to even consider using anything approaching a 7* driver. Dropping the static loft is not the answer if you have such a massive LA.
You need, like JB and others have said, to get the LA down by reigning in the dynamic loft caused by what must be some weird move within your swing.
Having the ball too high on the tee, if that is what you wish to call those ones in the pic, will cause loads of issues in trying to get 'up' to the ball and so give a very high AOA.
Shafts can make a significant difference in the right hands. I have loads of Aldila stuff and yes it is very good. The Voodoo however, is not what I would describe as a low launching shaft.
Perhaps try a different driver head shape/shaft combo.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

You need to be seriously careful to even consider using anything approaching a 7* driver. Dropping the static loft is not the answer if you have such a massive LA.
You need, like JB and others have said, to get the LA down by reigning in the dynamic loft caused by what must be some weird move within your swing.
Having the ball too high on the tee, if that is what you wish to call those ones in the pic, will cause loads of issues in trying to get 'up' to the ball and so give a very high AOA.
Shafts can make a significant difference in the right hands. I have loads of Aldila stuff and yes it is very good. The Voodoo however, is not what I would describe as a low launching shaft.

Thanks.

It really is a swing issue.

Working on the irons currently.

When to apply the changes to the driver only time will tell.

The Voodoo is a Mid launching shaft. The ball flight is where I enjoy seeing my drives. Just need to scrub a couple rpm's from my back spin.

Simple right. Right.

Back to the range.

Thanks for all the advice

I've been following the thread. I agree with most guys that 7 degrees is too low. Even tour pros have some 10.5 degrees. I do not have a lot of experience with sensors, but I had that same problem. At 10.5 my drives were good but too balloony. The solution was lower driver loft, and stiffer shaft. I'm happy with that now.

Have you tried checking the kick point and flex point of your current shaft? A low kick point encourages a balloon, making a stiff shaft behave like a stealth regular shaft. A mid kick may have a shallower trajectory. Also, "stiff" is a generic term in shafts. For example, a Japanese Model Callaway (meant for the market in Japan) with a stiff shaft will behave like an American regular shaft, there are frequencies involved, and that's beyond my science. If we're strict about our specs, the flex has a frequency to it, and there should be a frequency that works for you.

Have you tried other balls? ProV1x is admittedly the gold standard, I use them also, but there's some interface going on between the club and ball, and these are not constant from one player to another.

Bottom line, my two cents' worth, dial down your 10.5 to the lowest loft it can go, which makes it slightly open as you would like, but you can try out other drivers with varying shafts but with the loft setup as you would like. There's only so much science to this, whatever the numbers say, as long as you like the trajectory and distance, up to you.

Just to clarify (since I was the guy who mentioned a 7.5 degree driver), I tried dialing my 10.5 down, I tried a stiffer shaft (black tie), and I was still consistently a few degrees too high and about 900RPMs too much. (approx 18.5 degrees and 3500 spin).

Now, I'm not saying that a super low loft driver is the magic bullet, but if you have a repeatable move, there is nothing wrong with optimizing your equipment to work for you.

Again, I'm sure I could make a 9.5 degree driver work (the pros certainly do), but I wanted to experiment, so I took a chance on a super low lofted driver, and it worked out well for me personally. Brought my launch and spin down into a really good place for me, and I'm confident that I won't balloon my drives when I tee it up high and try to carry a bunker.

I'm not advocating a 7.5 degree driver for everybody (my buddy tried it and you could see the ball fall out of the sky because it didn't have enough spin), but I wouldn't automatically discount it either. If your consistent miss is too high and too much spin, then a low lofted driver could help.

Just to clarify (since I was the guy who mentioned a 7.5 degree driver), I tried dialing my 10.5 down, I tried a stiffer shaft (black tie), and I was still consistently a few degrees too high and about 900RPMs too much. (approx 18.5 degrees and 3500 spin).

Now, I'm not saying that a super low loft driver is the magic bullet, but if you have a repeatable move, there is nothing wrong with optimizing your equipment to work for you.

Again, I'm sure I could make a 9.5 degree driver work (the pros certainly do), but I wanted to experiment, so I took a chance on a super low lofted driver, and it worked out well for me personally. Brought my launch and spin down into a really good place for me, and I'm confident that I won't balloon my drives when I tee it up high and try to carry a bunker.

I'm not advocating a 7.5 degree driver for everybody (my buddy tried it and you could see the ball fall out of the sky because it didn't have enough spin), but I wouldn't automatically discount it either. If your consistent miss is too high and too much spin, then a low lofted driver could help.
Thanks awaiting the Ups van to drop off my next test tubes full of experiments.

What have I got to lose.

When the spin and launch are right bom. Long drive. But since my regular everyday swing is less than perfect. I'm give the 7.5 with an extra stiff shaft a try.

Many choices on FleaBay to pick up a good deal.

If it's not my cup of tea. Back to FleaBay on a huge discount.

This is exactly what I did 1 year ago.

It was worth a shot, and it worked out well for me.

Thanks awaiting the Ups van to drop off my next test tubes full of experiments.

What have I got to lose.

When the spin and launch are right bom. Long drive. But since my regular everyday swing is less than perfect. I'm give the 7.5 with an extra stiff shaft a try.

Many choices on FleaBay to pick up a good deal.

If it's not my cup of tea. Back to FleaBay on a huge discount.

So if a person intends to play and driver adjusted a degree or two, how should they compensate for the change in the clubs lie? open or closed would affect the "lie" of the club, for lack of a better term, right? I'm mainly concerned with aligning the face properly at impact, not the sole's interacting with the ground, but not sure what else to call it.

I was thinking that a head closed down 1.5 or 2 degrees would be better played in the toward the center of the stance rather than off front foot heel. Or am I overthinking yet another aspect of this crazy game?

Remember an X flex isn't like every other X flex. I play a X Fubiki Zeta Tour, but wouldn't dare try a stouter X flex. That said, my current shaft is whippier and delivers higher spin and launch than my Stiff Black Tie 6M3 used to. (I still hate the thief who stole that club and all my stuff!!!) My guess is that you may need a stronger X (like a Black Tie 70 gram) or even a Graffalloy Prolaunch Red in an X. Both are higher kickpoints and lower torque and should help. Likely have a steep angle of attack like I do, but I am in the 15 degree range with 3K spin.

It is fascinating reviewing these old post.

Once my swing changes took hold the launch angles and spin were both under control.

But of course I always blamed the Shoes. The arrow. Never the Golfer (y)

Back