THP Golf Leagues & Weekly Events Thread

Shot -1 in a three man scramble tonight. Won't know how good/bad that really was for a few days.

Shot 50 tonight, including a TEN on the last hole. I have a mental issue with this hole I think. It just destroys me every time.

Shot another 50 on the other 9. No blowup hole this time, just lousy putting. Felt good afterwards just the same, my ball striking seems to getting out of the rut it's been stuck in.

Shot a 46 and beat my opponent on the last hole to win. Putted terrible, but was sharp with my driver/irons.

Shot a 43. My partner and I won 6-2 with 1 push.

Shot a 44. It's an executive course, so 44 is 12 over par. That's a bit better than my handicap, so I'm quite happy with that outcome.

Another good day in my league (shot a 45), but lost 3-4 with 2 pushes. Had a decent day putting, just one 7 on the card on the first hole shook me up a little. Guy was a single digit handicap, felt good that I held my own tho.

Shot a 43 last night to get us up a spot for the playoffs next week.

We have our annual ryder cup style event at my course this weekend, draft party is tonight, it's like dodge ball captain picking all over again!

We have our annual ryder cup style event at my course this weekend, draft party is tonight, it's like dodge ball captain picking all over again!

We have ours next weekend, with the dinner next Thursday. With ours they put a chip with your name on it in different baskets based upon handicap and pick a player from each basket to make up teams. Love the Ryder Cup format though. Good luck in yours!

We have ours next weekend, with the dinner next Thursday. With ours they put a chip with your name on it in different baskets based upon handicap and pick a player from each basket to make up teams. Love the Ryder Cup format though. Good luck in yours!
That's a good idea!

I managed to salvage a 50 out of a seriously mediocre round with birdie-par on the last 2 holes. Nice way to end a round!

After day 1, 27 points up for grabs, 1 pt front, 1pt back and 1pt total, my team was down 5 points. After singles 54 points up for grabs, it was all tied up!

Each team sent out 2 people, for 1 best ball sudden death, our teammate won it for us on the first hole with a birdie, it was so much fun with all the carts on the first hole watching the match and cheering our team on.

Nothing beats team golf, nothing beats match play!

After day 1, 27 points up for grabs, 1 pt front, 1pt back and 1pt total, my team was down 5 points. After singles 54 points up for grabs, it was all tied up!

Each team sent out 2 people, for 1 best ball sudden death, our teammate won it for us on the first hole with a birdie, it was so much fun with all the carts on the first hole watching the match and cheering our team on.

Nothing beats team golf, nothing beats match play!
Congrats on being on the winning team!

Shot a 44 yesterday to beat my opponent 6-1, felt kinda bad since he was subbing for a better player and didn't get the proper strokes. Even if I gave him a stroke a hole, I would have beat him 6-3. Just played really steady golf, drove the ball extremely well.

55 last night. Yikes!

The only good news is that it looks like my (non-putting) short game is starting to get on track. Otherwise...blech.

Finished my individual match play league today. Very successful year but I didn't win my bracket which is always a goal. Will get invited to the end of season tourney, however I have a work conflict and will have to pass. Unfortunate as I really enjoy the end of season tourney which is stroke play against the top 8 players from the flight.

My bracket is below, followed by the flight standings (32 total players in the flight).

15.9.5%20golf%20league%20bracket_zpsn8lbdol8.jpg

15.9.5%20Golf%20league%20flight%20standings_zps6awlwaec.jpg

Back