Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks TC, idk. I made Mr. Thanks an offer. We shall see

woo, i know they've been on his radar. we shall see! good luck selling them. when do you expect the exotic's?

Hopefully they should be in this week

Hopefully they should be in this week

dude, you don't mess around. you may be giving OEM a run for his OEM money!

alright a little shaft question for all of you. is the true temper dynamic gold HL s300 shafts similar to a stiff kbs tour 90 shaft?

have been pondering making the switch to steel shafts and on shaft fit the s300 shafts keep coming and i did not know if they were similar to the kbs. just thought id ask because i have no clue.

thanks fellas!

alright a little shaft question for all of you. is the true temper dynamic gold HL s300 shafts similar to a stiff kbs tour 90 shaft?

have been pondering making the switch to steel shafts and on shaft fit the s300 shafts keep coming and i did not know if they were similar to the kbs. just thought id ask because i have no clue.

thanks fellas!

I think they are pretty different. My question is, if you are doing shaft fit and it is telling you what shaft is right, why change it? It may actually save you a few bucks too.

thanks fellas!

I heard that the KBS's S flex play a little stiffer than the TT's. TC knows I think b/c he was looking at both.

I think they are pretty different. My question is, if you are doing shaft fit and it is telling you what shaft is right, why change it? It may actually save you a few bucks too.

i think that bridges has graphite shafts in his r9's and he's contemplating putting the s300 steel ones in, right bridges?

I heard that the KBS's S flex play a little stiffer than the TT's. TC knows I think b/c he was looking at both.

i actually think that the rifle 6.0's that i have may play a hair stiffer than the kbs 90's. if i was going to put kbs' in my irons i was looking at the 120's.

i think that bridges has graphite shafts in his r9's and he's contemplating putting the s300 steel ones in, right bridges?

That was what I answered. He wants to switch to steel and the Shaft fit is telling him that S300s are right. So why not go for those rather than at the KBS? They were staticly fit for you!

That was what I answered. He wants to switch to steel and the Shaft fit is telling him that S300s are right. So why not go for those rather than at the KBS? They were staticly fit for you!

yep, classic mis-read! yes, if the shaftfit is recommending a shaft over and over i'd bet that it's a really good fit. it was for me anyway.

I'll agree with JB. If the numbers keep coming up with the TT then why mess with it. Go with the flow and like JB said you might save some $'s.

yep, classic mis-read! yes, if the shaftfit is recommending a shaft over and over i'd bet that it's a really good fit. it was for me anyway.

It reminds me of the story that Hoeffy talks about in the Spring Issue of hte magazine. About a guy getting fully fit at the Kingdom for a set and then saying "I was thinking about these other clubs, get me those too". Im not directing this at bridges, but some people like to fit themselves I guess rather than go with what the numbers dictate.

Bridges... I'm hoping I am right in assuming the HL are different than the standard S300 which I have. I can say the S300 have changed my irons a ton as far as ball flight and feel. I've only hit the KBS on R9's but they were sweet. I was able to test the shafts before I bought them which may help you. If you have a golf store around I'm sure they would let you hit some.

Edit: I still agree with others in going with the shaft fitting. But sometimes hitting them for yourself will help ease your mind. I went with the 3rd option from the Mizuno fitting too based on launch monitor performance. So it can change but usually what they recommend is spot on.

So after months of hitting everything under the sun in terms of irons to figure out what I want I think I'm going with the MX-200's. I think they are more forgiving than either the I15's or the Diablo Forged. I will give myself the night to think it over so if anyone wants to change my mind have at it!!

So after months of hitting everything under the sun in terms of irons to figure out what I want I think I'm going with the MX-200's. I think they are more forgiving than either the I15's or the Diablo Forged. I will give myself the night to think it over so if anyone wants to change my mind have at it!!

i must admit, i am a bit disappointed! haha, i wish i had some personal stories to tell you about how wonderful the diablo forged are (BUT CALLAWAY WON'T MAKE THEM IN LH), but i dare say that you'll be happy as a lark with the 200's.

ya im wanting to switch to steel. i was just curious if they where the same because i know r9s come with kbs shafts and if they were similar i could just pay a few extra bucks and switch my graphite for some kbs shafts and not worry about ordering shafts and have to put them in, just do a swap, my irons for some other r9 irons with kbs shafts. i wasnt trying to change anything just wondering the differences in the 2.

Bridges... I'm hoping I am right in assuming the HL are different than the standard S300 which I have. I can say the S300 have changed my irons a ton as far as ball flight and feel. I've only hit the KBS on R9's but they were sweet. I was able to test the shafts before I bought them which may help you. If you have a golf store around I'm sure they would let you hit some.

Edit: I still agree with others in going with the shaft fitting. But sometimes hitting them for yourself will help ease your mind. I went with the 3rd option from the Mizuno fitting too based on launch monitor performance. So it can change but usually what they recommend is spot on.

when you say change your irons, do you mean lower ball flight, higher flight. lose any distance, gain distance or what?

yes i was fit for the HL s300 not the regular s300. the HL are a little lighter i believe.

i must admit, i am a bit disappointed! haha, i wish i had some personal stories to tell you about how wonderful the diablo forged are (BUT CALLAWAY WON'T MAKE THEM IN LH), but i dare say that you'll be happy as a lark with the 200's.

I am also TC. I was getting all wistful thinking of going back to an all Cally bag. But the last few days I've hit them both side by side and I just think the 200's are a little more forgiving. But I REALLLY WANT the DF's. That is why I'm not buying right this second as I don't want to regret buying the 200's. Can get the 200's for a good price from a retailer. But can get the DF's for a good price on the Bay also. I don't know what to do!!!

I am also TC. I was getting all wistful thinking of going back to an all Cally bag. But the last few days I've hit them both side by side and I just think the 200's are a little more forgiving. But I REALLLY WANT the DF's. That is why I'm not buying right this second as I don't want to regret buying the 200's. Can get the 200's for a good price from a retailer. But can get the DF's for a good price on the Bay also. I don't know what to do!!!

well, it sounds as though you like the added forgiveness from the 200's and i'll always persuade one to lean that way, no matter how bada@@ the DF are!!! you mentioned having some back issues (i think right?) so at this point you should be hitting what's a little more forgiving and easier anyway.

well, it sounds as though you like the added forgiveness from the 200's and i'll always persuade one to lean that way, no matter how bada@@ the DF are!!! you mentioned having some back issues (i think right?) so at this point you should be hitting what's a little more forgiving and easier anyway.

I know. Problem is someone just pm'ed me on a different forum with a pretty good deal on some DF's. Good lord I don't know what to do!!!!

Whats on my radar?

After the first round with the CG15's (Only 54/60 are here now) on an actual course...holy crap. I've never had a wedge I could actually consistently get to check up the way I want it to on the green, I really think the round leading edge compared to my old Vokey's flat one makes a world of difference for my swing. Sweetness.

I gained about 10 yards average on each club distance wise. Sometimes even more. They lowered the ball flight but more importantly it was a penetrating flight. Even when I sweep the ball it still has a more favorable flight. The irons themselves feel a lot more solid. Instead of whipping the club its a lot smoother motion. The ball off the face feels different because when I do hit down on the ball the shaft is where is should be (hope that makes sense). I can really feel a difference when I compress the ball.

When I was first adjusting to the shafts I couldnt hit the ball as well as I was previously. Lost distance and my pull was more pronounced. But once I got used to them (about a week or two) it was night and day.

Edit: Meant to quote Ol' Bridges!!!!!!!!!!

Damn this thread. You too, Jman. Now you have me thinking I need new wedges sooner than later!

I know. Problem is someone just pm'ed me on a different forum with a pretty good deal on some DF's. Good lord I don't know what to do!!!!

So neither set will be fit for you? I say whichever set is going to be fitted for your swing is what you should get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back