THP fall outing.......what gives?

The other thing is that we really want this to succeed for our friends JB and GolferGal. Outing aside, those two do more for each of us than many of us will ever know. They are the ones working their behinds off to give us contests and a place to have fun. Since we have come close to them, we really want this outing to be huge.

I understand that there are people that just can't come. Nothing can change that, but I think TC was hoping to get a couple more folks that might be on the fence down there. Much like we did to him ;)

I agree 100% with Hawk. I would love to meet each and every person on this site and the outing seems like the best opportunity to do that!

I can say for certainty that TC meant no disrespect or attempted to attack those who were not making the outing. The guy has a heart of gold, for a tall guy, and wants to see this outing a success. I hope my comments were not the one's that came off wrong, (happens a lot), because my comments came from my own inability to go and guilt from knowing just a tiny bit of what putting something like this together takes and wanting it for everyone else's enjoyment.

JB and GG have worked their butts off to make something extremely wonderfull here for everyone to enjoy. Thier time, energy and talants have been taxed in setting this all up and I fell guilty for not being there, but I also know they are professionals and will pull this off right for all who can attend. If someone alledged that prizes could some how be affected by not making this trip, they are simply wrong.

At this point I will continue to play my two powerballs a week and hope to win plain tickets soon, haha

I'm new to this site and would love to come out to this event. I'm not new to meeting new people, I'm all for it! It's just the plane flight that hurts. Coming from Seattle, WA gets pricey! Hope you all have fun!

I'm new to this site and would love to come out to this event. I'm not new to meeting new people, I'm all for it! It's just the plane flight that hurts. Coming from Seattle, WA gets pricey! Hope you all have fun!

I've been blessed to play with numerous THP individuals and have enjoyed every single one. I can't begin to imagine what a setting like this with so many THP friends would be like. Someday I hope to get'er done.

Keep your eyes open... I found round trip from cleveland for <300. Sometimes special deals pop up.
I also chose to come early and leave late getting in another 2 rounds of golf. While the entire trip costs more money, my cost per round goes down dramatically. If I am going to make the trip and pay for the travel I should try to get as much golf in as I can

I tried my best to make it, but being in Air Force all leave was already taken up for that month. Maybe next year.

How about a little different spin on this......
Instead of why you can't make it, let us hear from the folks that sacrificed some stuff to be able to make it??
Maybe let some others know what we might be going through to get there.......

What I am giving up to get there???
1) working more console shifts that pay a little extra money to help out in that department
2) being so super nice to my wife it really hurts (this outing luckily enough falls on the weekend between my wifes bday and my sons bday)
3) drinking a little less bubbly
4) eating lunch out once every 2 weeks instead of twice per week...
5) Whatever I buy in golf equipment has to be financed by selling other stuff...(really tough there)
#'s 3 and 4 are really helping out as the little money jar I have is filling up pretty fast....

The question I asked myself was..."What is a trip like this worth to me to find new friends, and meet up with some recently met ones"?
While I would like to win something, and the demos sound great and all, the main reason I go is for the camaraderie.....
At the Southeastern (GA) outing, we had a great time golfing.....but you know the two things I remember the most??? Playing ping pong until 2am in the morning with TC and his brother and then cooking steaks on the grill of a beautiful cabin with the new friends I had just met....
Thats why I am going.....to meet new people and make some more lasting friendships....

Parting Bama wisdom......
------------------
Golf Equipment - $272
Green Fees at Trent Jones - $45
Range Balls - $6
Making Lasting friendships at THP - Priceless
-------------------

Bama

awesome bama!!!! i have quit smoking and my cigarette money that i've saved over the past couple of months is up to $200!

Instead of why you can't make it, let us hear from the folks that sacrificed some stuff to be able to make it??

1) working more console shifts that pay a little extra money to help out in that department
2) being so super nice to my wife it really hurts (this outing luckily enough falls on the weekend between my wifes bday and my sons bday)
5) Whatever I buy in golf equipment has to be financed by selling other stuff...(really tough there)
#'s 3 and 4 are really helping out as the little money jar I have is filling up pretty fast....

The question I asked myself was..."What is a trip like this worth to me to find new friends, and meet up with some recently met ones"?
While I would like to win something, and the demos sound great and all, the main reason I go is for the camaraderie.....
At the Southeastern (GA) outing, we had a great time golfing.....but you know the two things I remember the most??? Playing ping pong until 2am in the morning with TC and his brother and then cooking steaks on the grill of a beautiful cabin with the new friends I had just met....
Thats why I am going.....to meet new people and make some more lasting friendships....

------------------
Golf Equipment - $272
Range Balls - $6
-------------------

Bama

Amen to all that Bama...that is the exact math I am working out now.

Selling the Adams Driver and the Pro Platinum Scotty Cameron in the garage + not eating lunch out every day + the funds for that 2nd SeeMore I've been eyeing = PGA National???

PS - If I make it, how are we going to watch/listen to the Bama/Duke game out on the course?

Really wish I could make it to thank the people who have really helped me enormously over the past 3 months. Unfortunately vacation is all used up already, maybe next year :disapointed:

Good stuff Bama, but don't expect me to give up my Saturday night bingo, lmao. I do have plenty of equipment around here I could get rid of, but Liz would be way too happy about that one and we have to keep her used to seeing lot's of stuff.

Hey Guys -- I wasn't looking at anyone specifically. It was just that in terms of tone, this thread was developing what I refer to as "forum funk." Once that starts, it's really hard to get rid of -- and THP is such a great place, run by great people, and populated by great people -- that I hated to see that happening. Trust me, it took me three years before I could finally leave forum funk behind and just approach things rationally and philosophically. And that's hard to do when you are as passionate and committed to something as you all are to golf and THP. But trust me on this one: if you build it and you build it well, they will come. :)

Kim (who wishes fervently that she could be there in September)

I'll jump into the conversation. I'm an Orlando resident. I live about 3 hrs from West Palm.

I want to say that I am very much grateful to THP, JB, GG, and the whole team that makes the forum and outing possible. I think it's absolutely amazing what you guys have put together for the group. It is definitely a once in a lifetime experience and hopefully many more times will be put together. I have planned a few golf outings this year with my school, church, and work. Each one had it's unique characteristics and was a very good time. So I realize the amount of work that goes into this. The generosity of the group as a whole for Andy (THP Pro) was very cool to see.

My reasons for not attending, one the cost. For the price of going for a weekend, I could play multiple rounds of golf in the coming months. I play cheap tee times. The other is time commitment, I'm married, have two children, work, and go to school which keeps me busy. The cost of going as a family is outside my pay grade as well. I know you guys did everything you could to keep the costs down but for me it doesn't work out. The other reality is I spent a lot of my golf budget this year on some new clubs which I love. I think it's great that everyone will have access to so much equipment and free stuff. Everyone is going to have fun and be able to build more relationships. If you can make it happen, you should attend. Florida is a great state.

I hope to get together with Spank and play a round some time very soon. I think you guys are all really cool and it would be great to meet you in person. Hopefully the opportunity will arise at some point.

I'm really grateful to THP for all the advice, tips, equipment reviews, contests, and friends of the site. You guys are amazing. Thanks for listening.

I hope to get together with Spank and play a round some time very soon. I think you guys are all really cool and it would be great to meet you in person. Hopefully the opportunity will arise at some point.

A little off topic here for a sec.

That reminds me of something, Caleb. Spank and I have been talking about getting together at Royal St. Cloud sometime this summer on a weekend. Would you (or any of the other Orlando-ites) be interested in joining? No dates set yet.

------------------
Golf Equipment - $272
Range Balls - $6
-------------------

Bama

Now I am just TC's brother??

Haha, but your a great brother! Would you rather be his sister?

Haha, but your a great brother! Would you rather be his sister?

hahaha, no, I wanna be One-T, not known as.....TC's brother. I love the guy, but I am me

My posting here didn't start rolling until a few months ago. I normally am pretty laid back but a little gun shy unless I know people. One thing I was nervous about was joining in on the fun banter. A lot of the reason is because it seemed like everyone had their thing already. What I learned once I posted was that it's not like that at all. Everyone around here (for the most part) is awesome. JB and GG are two of the nicest people I've ever had the chance to talk too (even if its just on the net). This post is mainly for those that feel a little intimidated. Once you get rolling and you get to know everyone, there isn't anything to feel intimidated about. I was nervous about the trip in the beginning but one of the first to commit I think. Really outside of my normal comfort zone but I'm so glad I did it. Not that I'm antisocial but I've never committed to a trip with people I've never met in person. But man am I excited.

I'm not sure its the fact people don't want to support the idea, it's just it can be very intimidating posting. You never know what type of reaction you're gonna get. But I think that is what makes this site different. The people here are genuine, not fake. You may get some responses you don't like but at least it's honest feedback. Sorry for the long rant. It's mainly for those people who feel a little gunshy about posting and what not.

well said Yocco. I think this sums up most of the THP'ers on here, especially me.

This is the first site where I've actively posted instead of lurking. Best move ever. People are even nicer in person and are the exact same as their 'internet' profiles. Golfing skills included.
My posting here didn't start rolling until a few months ago. I normally am pretty laid back but a little gun shy unless I know people. One thing I was nervous about was joining in on the fun banter. A lot of the reason is because it seemed like everyone had their thing already. What I learned once I posted was that it's not like that at all. Everyone around here (for the most part) is awesome. JB and GG are two of the nicest people I've ever had the chance to talk too (even if its just on the net). This post is mainly for those that feel a little intimidated. Once you get rolling and you get to know everyone, there isn't anything to feel intimidated about. I was nervous about the trip in the beginning but one of the first to commit I think. Really outside of my normal comfort zone but I'm so glad I did it. Not that I'm antisocial but I've never committed to a trip with people I've never met in person. But man am I excited.

I'm not sure its the fact people don't want to support the idea, it's just it can be very intimidating posting. You never know what type of reaction you're gonna get. But I think that is what makes this site different. The people here are genuine, not fake. You may get some responses you don't like but at least it's honest feedback. Sorry for the long rant. It's mainly for those people who feel a little gunshy about posting and what not.

Well said!

Are you kidding? TC is the sister

twisted sister!!!!

sorry bro, i don't think that bama meant anything by it.

i hope that you yourself can indeed make it to the outing!!

twisted sister!!!!

sorry bro, i don't think that bama meant anything by it.

i hope that you yourself can indeed make it to the outing!!

didnt think he did, I was kidding! I know buddy, I am trying

No doubt... That's what I love about this place. Other than some sports card forum its the only one I even post on. I love the act I can say I hit my 9i 230 (its actually 225) and people don't actually take me serious.
well said Yocco. I think this sums up most of the THP'ers on here, especially me.

This is the first site where I've actively posted instead of lurking. Best move ever. People are even nicer in person and are the exact same as their 'internet' profiles. Golfing skills included.

Back